Management Game for PES5

What would consider a "reasonable" price, given the hard work and end product.

• Free! I demand it free damn you!!!

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Couple of quid...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fiver...

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Tenner...

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Twenty notes...

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

rIKmAN

League 2
15 June 2003
Manchester, UK
Just wondering how much you guys would find "reasonable" to pay for a management game that allowed you to link in with PES and use it as the match engine for everything that happens in-game.

ie.
Transfers, Injuries, Player Development, Youth Team, real Life problems etc.

Remember the keyword here is "reasonable", for the time spent on it and the end result.

Last edited:
RuneEdge: LOL! - I know mate :)
Problem is I`m thinking of getting a gfx guy to help and he may be charging me, so it`s looking for a way to offset my expense.

embraceuk1: erm..I`m not Konami, there is no way I can fix the Master League within PES - this is why I have written my own Management Engine and linked it in with PES5 for the match engine.

did u say uv made a management addon for this man that would be soooo cool i was just thinking the other day when i was playing ea football manager 06 he cool it would be to play a game like that but with pro evo graphics engine comon konami thers ur next idea

Yeah mate, I have a Management Engine which allows you to play, manage, do transfers, inuries, promotion/relegation etc and it then links into the PES5 Engine to allow you to play the games using all the tactics etc you picked in the Management Engine.

Thge problem I have left to solve however is that I cannot decrypt/encrypt the PES5 Option File, so at the moment there is no way of getting the information from the Management Engine -> PES5.
I am however able to get data from PES5 -> Management Engine.

I have asked for help from the guys who have wrote the PES5 Option File Editors but unfortunately they are unwilling to help.

For this reason I have put it on hold and started converting it to a World Cup Game which does not link into PES5, but if anyone can help or give me any useful info I`d be most appreciative!

Fantastic rIKmAN you would be a god, and would steal Konami's thunder as their so called stand alone management title dies a death and I feel will be slowly melded into future PES and WE titles....It's not a SWOS type system is it, if it was I'd pay the same as Konami are asking for WE and PES!!

Hi Nick,

Funnily enough mate, SWOS is my favourite footy game of all time and I spent months playing it on my trusty Amiga 1200! :D

That is the kind of thing I`m looking for yeah, but I`m looking to have the management options more in depth, so you can buy/sell/loan players, do contracts, maybe sponsorship (where the adboards change) etc.

I have a LOT of ideas, but I need to decrypt the PES5 Option File before I can continue, see this thread: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31691

Development cannot continue without me being able to decrypt the option file as this is integral to functionality between PES and my Management Engine.

Any, and I really mean *ANY* help (nothing is too small!) would be appreciated!

Catch me on MSN Messenger: rik187@yahoo.com

hope you get the help this deserves rik, my coding is very basic at best and not used in a good few years.. I'm sure other people must be as excited at the prospect of PES or WE with a proper management and league structure, it would be great and just what the genre needs!!
Graphics get slightly better each release but the depth stays as frothy as ever!!:roll:
Good luck my friend lets hope the community gets behind you!!:applause:

Good luck but with a new release in europe and 2 next gen releases around Jan in Japan and USA it might be worth waiting as noone will care about PES 5 soon.

Ive looked into this a few times, and have even made a small prototype, but due to new work commitments i have scrapped it for the time being.

The thing you need to consider though, if your going to charge for the final product, is the ease of use. Will people like firing up pes5 everytime they want to play a game, and setting up the match? Will people even care when PES6 comes out?

I have a few idea's for the sponsers ad-boards, changing kit's etc. which i might consider sharing if this project of mine gets scrapped.

Embrace: Believe it or not I have been working on this (on and off) since the PES5 Demo came out....then when the full game came out the interaction didnt work. Luckily I have coded modularly and it took me less than 30 minutes to update the code to work again with PES5 Full Game.
I`m therefore hoping that PES6 etc will be linkable too. If not, then I`ll be quite happy playing SWOS with the PES5 :)

This will only be done on the PC also, I cannot make anything for a console as obviously I am not a developer with a licence, so it`s PC only anyway...

As for charging - I do not want to charge for this, and I`m not even sure it would be legal to do so - although I will not be selling anything I haven`t created myself - and people must have PES to allow the link-up, so I guess it`s more like an addon.
Anyway, the reason I have thought about charging a small amount is to recoup any costs I may have to pay myself for help with things such as artwork, hosting and the like...but that is some time off yet.

Mouseh: I have a few ideas regarding what you say aboput firing up PES every time, but until I can decrypt the option file, I cannot test if my ideas will work.
I`d be really interested in having a chat with you regarding this, as I think this is an amazing project that sooo many people are crying out for, and Konami can`t seem to hit the nail on the head re: managing and master league etc.
If you can find a bit of spare time add me to MSN: rik187@yahoo.com or let me know on here your details and I`ll get in touch with you.

Thanks for the support guys!

Last edited:
Sorry ive been really busy for the past few days, so i havent been able to get back to you.

Ive been thinking about this for a short time the past few days and ive come up with a few more implemtentable idea's, but after reading your first post again thought i might just add a few words of possible wisdom. If you ever did finish the 'add-on', you would never be able to sell it. Konami are VERY tight on what they let use the PES 5 engine, which is one of the reason's for making an in-house PES5 management game for the PS2. If they got a sniff of you charging for it, you would get a CADO quicker than you can say lawsuit.

I'll add you to my MSN as i have some time off comming, but i dont think i'll be online tonight.

Mouseh: Yeah I know mate, I am not intending to "sell" it, my intention is to simply recoup any outgoings I have (hosting, payment for gfx etc) maybe by donations or some such thing.
To be honest money isn`t very high on the agenda of "reasons for doing this" :)

Also, I don`t think the problem would be with what I`m selling, I mean it will be a standalone management game, nothing of which won`t be my own (code etc).
I think the problem will be with it being able to "link-in" with PES5 (although the person has to own both) and the decryption of the OF - this would be the infringement (I think), asa trhe OF is (c) Konami.

As I say though, I am not trying to do this for money, beleive me - I just want to make a great game experience.

I look forward to speaking to you on MSN mate, just message me when you are on and have some free time. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom