Manchester City Thread

Another good result at weekend Baton has been terrific im not getting carried away just yet but if we can come away with a draw from the Derby id be more than happy! Saying that confidence up, were playing some good stuff, Best run in the league for 30 years, and Andy Cole on fire hes got to score!

jamie_mack said:
Another good result at weekend Baton has been terrific im not getting carried away just yet but if we can come away with a draw from the Derby id be more than happy! Saying that confidence up, were playing some good stuff, Best run in the league for 30 years, and Andy Cole on fire hes got to score!
you havent faced a solid defense yet, andy cole is going to be rio's bitch...

jamie_mack said:
I think we are all reaping the rewards, us and the USA!
yeshe is good for the us, but his style of play is much different then the younger explosive players USA has(eddie johsnon, landon donavan, demarcus beasley) but he is still CAPTAIN AMERICA!!

Derby week it is, but first i must say i cant believe we didnt add to the squad before the window shut, i knew the board would screw us over swp the only players we seemed to be going for were players who were entering there last year of the contract so they would be free next summer anyway! I just hope Reyna and barton can stick it out without injury or suspension untill January.

The news is Distin will be on the bench at the weekend, to me a blow as im not sure how Onouha will do against Rooney? either way Andy Cole is destined to score.

Derby day: Pearce fired up

CITY boss Stuart Pearce has admitted he will be going all out for victory in his first derby clash with United.

Pearce takes his charges to Old Trafford for the first derby under his reign, with City sitting second in the Premiership.

But with United's current form up-front, the Blues boss admits it will be no easy task for his side.

"It's good we have had a decent start as we plan for Old Trafford," he wrote in City's official magazine.

"It'd be easy for me to play that down and say there is a long way to go - and there is - but we have had an enjoyable month and we'll go to United to win the game.

"If we can't do that, we'll aim to avoid defeat, but it will be a very tough match.

"It won't be easy, but the players will be focused and switched on - we'll make sure of that, for that game and every match we play."

Jamie - who's starting for you guys on the right mid slot vacated by SWP??
I assume Musampa starts on the left, correct?

Glad to see this team playing so well. Always liked the heart they display in the big games. :applause:

Trick Trevor Sinclairs on the right now, Most of our summer targets were right sided players so i think the writing on the wall for him. He did much better in our last game and as he was a city fan when he was growing up so i want him to do well! Weve got a couple of kids in Croft and Flood who player there but neither are really ready yet! Its kind of weied but losing swp has balanced out our play alot more..

jamie_mack said:
Trick Trevor Sinclairs on the right now, Most of our summer targets were right sided players so i think the writing on the wall for him. He did much better in our last game and as he was a city fan when he was growing up so i want him to do well! Weve got a couple of kids in Croft and Flood who player there but neither are really ready yet! Its kind of weied but losing swp has balanced out our play alot more..
ahh cmon man, you cant say that, if you still had SWP you would be in a much better position to hold on to your current form... plus you would have depth with sinclair right behind him...

No you not getting me, Im not saying were a better team without him, but our style of play has changed, we were very lobsided most play went down the right now with SWP gone we seem to be more balanced and Reyna and Barton have more of the ball.

More good news Distin and Fowler both came threw our reserve game unscathed and have both been named in the squad for Saturday.

Derby day: Pressure is on Reds

BLUES boss Stuart Pearce believes the pressure is on United to win the first derby clash of the new season.

City and United go into Saturday's game with unbeaten records this season.

With City sitting second in the table, and boasting a 12-game unbeaten run under the rookie boss, Pearce is bullish going into the first Manchester derby of his managerial career.

And while he will be going all out to win the clash, Pearce believes United have more to lose at Old Trafford as they try to redeem themselves after a trophyless season last year.

"We'll be going there to try to win, that's the bottom line," he told City's website.

"We'll be treating it the same as every other game, we'll have to, but it's a derby game and we'll be desperate to win it.

"They know full well with their aspirations of winning the league that can't lose too many if they want to stay on Chelsea's coattails."

And although these days both sides boast more overseas stars than local talent, Pearce is confident the derby atmosphere will not be lost on his charges.

"It did every time I played in one," he said. "I can't see anything different now, and I think players get a feeling of how much a game means through the fans.

"As an outsider you don't really get the feel of it, but that feel is really generated by the supporters and you pick it up from there.

"That's how it was for me when I was at Forest when we played Derby. You get to pick up that feeling, and I think our players will pick it up this week, if they haven't done before."

City see red and ban it for club cars
The rivalry has seen red cards, ruined relationships, even the occasional riot. Now Manchester City's aversion to all things Manchester United (except, of course, Malcolm Glazer) has led to the club imposing their own colour scheme . . . by banning red company cars.

After living in the shadow of their illustrious neighbours for longer than they would care to remember, City made the stipulation when they ordered their fleet of 40 vehicles. Red may be the third most popular choice of car colour in Britain (behind blue and silver) but, under orders from City's boardroom, it will be more scarce around the City of Manchester Stadium

Nowt wrong with that I only own one red top for the same reason!

YANKEE ALERT - for those in the US, Fox Soccer Channel will show this game on Tuesday afternoon, i believe, so get your TiVo ready to record. ManCity always gets up for this derby so i think it'll be a good one.

I absolutely respect Stuart Pearce for his post match review.He looked & sounded completely honest,no mind games or bullshite whatsoever.He just seems to be one of those rare players whom can succeed in being a manager.PSYCHO FOR ENGLAND!!!!

:applause:

great job by City. I havent seen the game yet, as it airs tomorrow in the US but i heard, as usual, that City rose to occasion and gave United everything they had.

I heard Reyna was MOTM - correct?

Another good solid performance, Reyna and Barton were terrific again, although if keane had been there rather than the very very dissapointing Smith it might have been a different matter.. I really thought we were going to win it, Andy Coles effort in injury time was goal bound if not for a brilliant save by VDS.

Loved the post match stuff Fergie bleeting on aout how they dominated us and we just sat back like last year..:roll: Seriously what game was he watching we had a little less possesion but more corners and shots on target, and i thought we were supposed to be the bitter ones!

After this im feeling full of optimism for the season im still not getting to carried away because of our lack of depth but with Bolton at home next and with word that Big Sam will rest players because of Europe another 3 points could be on the cards!

We went to old trafford to beat Utd and very nearly did,We had a gameplan and stuck to it,We are a much more solid team under psycho and it shows long may it continue.

Metallica said:
You lot hear what psycho said to Giggs

"Dont fucking score against my team" LOL
i love psycho, he seems like he might become a great manager, i still remember the images from WC86(i think) with his bloody head...

csaunders said:
10 in the box is what you call "sitting back" man city fit that bill on saturday...
smith wasnt that bad....

they only really came into the game in the last 15-20 mins but to hear them talk you'd think they bossed the game....

jamie_mack said:
Yawn! Yawn! As i said i thought we were the ones who were suposed be bitter! :)

lol who's bitter, just my opinion on the game...

its good to see a visiting team so happy for a point, I dont know how that feels...

jamie_mack said:
lol I dont know about that im sure you would have loved a point at Stamford bridge last season rather than none...

only time im even remotley pleased with a draw is when we've played shite, could have lost, but nicked a point...

but still you wouldnt hear United supporters cheers as though they'd won the world cup and thats whether it was at the bridge or anfield...

theres a big difference....

Unbelievable result on Sunday how we didnt get any point all never know! To hit the bar 6 times is just plain barmy! In past years i would have shrugged and put this down under the "typical city" tag, but i really think we have shaked that under Pearce.

Im not to downhearted as it was another good performance but Newcastle away will be a big game now, especially after there resuly this weekend. Thought the young lad Ireland showed some nice touches when he came on i was quite impressed!

City hitting the bar 6 times!
http://rapidshare.de/files/5321249/CityVsBolton.wmv.html

Back
Top Bottom