18 Leeds United ________34 8 8 18 35 69 32
19 Leicester City_______ 35 5 14 16 42 60 29
20 Wolves ____________34 6 10 18 33 71 28

Man City remaining games:

Leicester City - Away 24th April (Crucial Game) Score: City 1 - Leicester 1
Newcastle - Home 1st May
Middlesborough - Away 8th May
Everton - Home 15th May

O.k heres hoping we don't go down, but it aint looking good right now. Who do you think Keegan should be playing to keep us up? If we do drop who will leave? And while I'm at it, who's your favourite player?

I think:

Keeper - Arason. (James is too dodgy right now, the last thing we need)

Defense - Sun Ji Hai (Runs all day) Dunne (gives 110%)
----------- Distin (Usually solid enough) Tarnat (Great passer)

Midfield - WrightPhillips (best player this season) Barton (Determined)
----------- Tiatto (aggresive) Macca (Can still create)

Forwards - Fowler (does his best) Macken (works for the team)

Subs: James, Wiekens, Reyna, Anelka, Bosvelt

I'd drop Anelka for not working hard enough. Sibierski for missing too many chances. Sinclair for doing nothing.

If we drop I think Anelka goes 1st. Wright Phillips next, then Tarnat, and possibly Distin.

My player of the season: Shaun Wright Phillips.

rob rob rob ive been hoping nobody would open a thread like this but hey, if you think that team will play on saturday you have got another thing coming, sun ji isnt fit to wear the city shirt he may run all day but so do headless chickens! Arason is no where near as good as james! come and watch the reserves every week in hyde and you will see. and how can you not play anelka hes are top goal scorer! as for the outlook on our futre id pinned all my hopes on blackburns poor form but thats gone out of the window, saturday is definetly touch and go win or draw and we will stay up lose and i fear yet another false dawn and back down to division 1, i would think barton is a sure starter after the interview he gave in the paper today, and they have all been in training today on there day off so all is not lossed! ( now youve got me started)

I know there is no chance of that squad playing but it's who i'd choose. We should cash Anelka in. He has all the attributes to an amazing striker, he fast, powerful, a good finisher but he's too lazy. James is a calamity, but Weaver will be coming back soon. I like Sun Ji Hai, defensively he isn't the best but he can go forward and links up well. I don't watch the reserves play and I rarely see the 1st team live, but from what i've seen i'd rather have Sun in the team than Van Buyten or Bishoff. I really think a solid player like Wiekens is needed either in defense or midfield, somebody who will grit there teeth and play hard without getting sent off.

Whos been your biggest dissapointment this season? Mine has to be Sinclair, he works hard but just doesn't gel with anyone.

i'd like to wish man city all the luck in the world on their relegation quest. i really hope they can do it. all the best boys.

let's face it, it's looking like a choice between leeds and man city for the last relegation spot. i think portsmouth and blackburn are have done just enough to stay up.

well wiekins and tiatto arent havening there contracts reniewed at the end of season so we can say good bye to them. Rob how can you even compare sun to bishoff he hasnt even started a game all season!!! and to say hes better than van buyton ( i had to read that twice). To be honest i dont think weaver will ever make it back to the number one jersey. Sinclair has been a real let down but from waht i hear as long as we stay up we should be getting de pedro from sociedad to play on the left next season.

At the moment it is definitly city or leeds but leeds play portsmouth on sunday!

Its no suprise its come to this, millions in debt, a new stadium they cant fill, players that wouldnt get a game in the Nationwide and one of the most hapless managaers in todays game....

it could only be citeh, second only to Spurs for having "knee jerk reactions"..

it will be a shame but its no more than you deserve, having ideas above your station is hazardous to your health, I would say citeh are gonna do a leeds but they dont have half the quality that leeds had and subsequently had to sell, apart from Anelka and at a push SWP who they gonna recoup millions for, Dunne lol...

so...

"To The Nationwide F*ck Off"

see you's in a few seasons!!

I was comparing them because they're both defenders, who would else could come in for Sun? I mentioned the 1st team regulars. I think if we go down Keegan will say goodbye.

Ive updated the Club Index thread to include this one. This is now the Citeh thread.

Anyway on topic...
How many points do you reckon you'll get in the last few games?

Vannizzlefashizzal why do you make accusations like we never fill our stadium and were in loads of debt when you obviouslly havnt got a clue! stick to your stretford rangers! The reason why we are nothing like leeds is our "debt" was a loan taken out on the futre revenue created by the extra capcity on the new ground over a number of years. so infact unless we suddenly start having attendances of less than 32000 and we were getting that in divsion two i dont think were going to go bust in a hurry! and as for attendances over the last 4 games city have had a average capacity of 47105 97.98% (yeah dead empty)

so 4 games left starting with a must get something out of this game against leciester, then a home game against a champions league chasing newcastle and with our home form that does not sound encourging, which leaves boro away and last game against everton at home hopefully boro will rollover as there season is basiclly over but depending on results i could definitly see it going to the last game although we will no more after the weekend!

Nah boro are chasing top 8 or top 6 depending on the Liverpool game. We wont die that easy, we're playing some cracking football. Should be a good game though.

Man City vs Leicester results this season:

A 14th Jan. Leicester City (F.A.) 1 - 3 Won
Sibierski, Macken, Anelka, Ferdinand

H 3rd Jan. Leicester City (F.A.) 2 - 2 Draw
Anelka, Dickov, Bent

H 9th Nov. Leicester City (PREM.) 0 - 3 Lost
Vivas, Dickov, Bent

This could go either way.

Man City vs Newcastle Utd

A 22nd Nov. Newcastle United (PREM.) 3 - 0 Lost
Ameobi, Shearer (2)

Doesn't bode well.

Man City vs Middlesborough

H 30th Nov. Middlesbrough (PREM.) 0 - 1 Lost
Sun Ji Hai Own Goal

Niether does this. :(

Man City vs Everton

A 7th Dec. Everton (PREM.) 0 - 0 Draw

so what do you think of bernstein the ex chairman asking to come back and help? i dont think king kev would of been to happy!

Re: Manchester City Thread (Relegation battle)

Rob said:
Man City remaining games:

Leicester City - Away 24th April (Crucial Game)
Newcastle - Home 1st May
Middlesborough - Away 8th May
Everton - Home 15th May

For the love of god its MIDDLESBROUGH :x
Check the league table! Get a map! ARGHHHH

Sorry. Pet hate.

You'll beat leicester, lose to the jawdees and boro then beat Everton i reckon

and will that keep us up boro? draw tomorrow loss aginst newcastle wins against middlesbrough and everton will keep us up its all about tomorrow!

jamie_mack said:
and will that keep us up boro? draw tomorrow loss aginst newcastle wins against middlesbrough and everton will keep us up its all about tomorrow!

Dont know. I hope you stay up coz i want Leeds relegated instead. I dont think you'll beat us though ;) So ill let you beat the jawdees instead :mrgreen:

Boro said:
jamie_mack said:

I hope you stay up coz i want Leeds relegated instead.

Thanks m8 :mrgreen:

well we wre either unlucky because of the amout of chances we missed or lucky beacause englands number one made a great penalty save that never was (izzet handball and they get a pen WTF) either way a good result now a win for pompey tomorrow
and ill sleep a little easier this week!

leeds will beat portsmouth. we have a chance of taking 9 from 12 points if things go well.

that might be enough for us.

Bye bye premiership...
But it's right, we didn't deserve to stay up during this season...

city remaining fixtures Leeds remaining fixtures
Newcastle (H) Bolton (A)
Middlesbrough(A) Charlton(H)
Everton (H) Chelsea(A)

we have 4 point lead if you count our huge goal difference over leeds and looking at the fixtures your right to say bye bye premiership beetlebum
but city are city and its not over yet!

jamie_mack said:
your right to say bye bye premiership beetlebum
but city are city and its not over yet!

But leeds are leeds too :mrgreen: ... we'll gain 1 point (draw with charlton) from the remaining fixtures...

mathewsss said:
hope you do us a favour and beat the magpies next week.

Don't think so, mags look in form... they'll certainly win, though you'll beat boro...(sorry Boro)

Back
Top Bottom