Manchester City Thread

About 10 years ago I started following the club from Chile, seeing Agüero or Silva being signed, seeing their debuts. I had the inmense pleasure of travelling all the way to Manchester to see a game at the Etihad against Stoke City. STOKE, CITY. And I absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was incredible. That atmosphere wasn't always there for City in European competitions, because City fans are local, Manchester lads that fancy a local game against an English club in the same league. Sadly, the fans seem to be a pain in the ass for the owner of a team, for them it's better to have a 5 million fanbase from China watching them only play against Bayern or Barca.

As a foreign City fan, I feel betrayed. I grew up watching English football for how much of an impact it had on the community, what it meant to the citizens. And now they are taking it away from them.

Last edited:
I say let's wait a bit and see where this is going. Half of those clubs were pushing for the FFP and taking our head so I am not that convinced we are on board with everything.
I have a feeling this is a Mexican standoff and the clubs want full control over FIFA and UEFA.

I say let's wait a bit and see where this is going. Half of those clubs were pushing for the FFP and taking our head so I am not that convinced we are on board with everything.
I have a feeling this is a Mexican standoff and the clubs want full control over FIFA and UEFA.
Yup. Read that a member of the PL directors said, anonymously, that both Chelsea and City agreed hoping that it wouldn't happen and that it became a way of pushing the UEFA a bit. I think they might be reconsidering it. But Arsenal, Liverpool and United seem to be really on board with it.

Yup. Read that a member of the PL directors said, anonymously, that both Chelsea and City agreed hoping that it wouldn't happen and that it became a way of pushing the UEFA a bit. I think they might be reconsidering it. But Arsenal, Liverpool and United seem to be really on board with it.

I hate it, but can't blame them. All americans, all of them can see the money made in NBA, NHL and NFL.
But sadly, it will ruin football worldwide, including the World Cup.

I hate it, but can't blame them. All americans, all of them can see the money made in NBA, NHL and NFL.
But sadly, it will ruin football worldwide, including the World Cup.
This is the time to see what players can do. It's in their hands if they want to play with their National team or not. The World Cup is the most important tournament, the one you look forward to play once your career starts.
These next days are gonna be interesting, starting today in the game between Leeds and Liverpool. Lots of questions will be thrown to Klopp, who is publicly against the Super League.

Disappointed with Pep. We played Rodri and Fernandinho all season as holding midfielders, only to switch to Gundogan (one of our most creative players this season) in the most important game in the club's history. The decision to play an unconfident Sterling, who was very much a substitute the entire tournament, is something I can't comprehend. I'm almost sure we'll be back, and I hope that (as I read from Sam Lee on Twitter), this is our Chelsea 2008 moment. It was awful watching Agüero cry, really heartbreaking.

I am really looking forward to see CR at ManUnited this weekend.
Got the afternoon covered with that fixture and the Bundesliga top match, Bayern vs. Leipzig, is following at 6pm.
Football! 😍

This kid is unreal, it's like created player in PES. The fact that city only bought him for €60M is like peanuts for them

He's ridiculously good. I'm sure the deal includes him treating the club as a stepstone to then sign for Madrid/Bayern, but every minute we have him in our squad is an advantage. Hopefully he can turn things around for us in the UCL.

I think Man City offers a brigher future for Haaland than Madrid. Let's see what happens but I don't see him leaving for Madrid or Bayern (or anywhere else for that matter) anytime soon. City has the deep pockets to extend his contract once it is up, that's for sure, and the EPL seems to fit his playing style like a glove.

Erling "more goals than played matches" Haaland - the one and only goal machine. I don't like ManShity. But Haaland is a phenomen. :LOVE:

I heard in some german media that he plays for city because his fahter was played too for city. So it was his first choice. Not only the money.

I think Man City offers a brigher future for Haaland than Madrid. Let's see what happens but I don't see him leaving for Madrid or Bayern (or anywhere else for that matter) anytime soon. City has the deep pockets to extend his contract once it is up, that's for sure, and the EPL seems to fit his playing style like a glove.
It does offer a brighter future, but nothing is better in the eyes of a footballer than Madrid or Bayern (or even Barcelona). Think of Bernardo Silva, he has played a key role for Guardiola for the last couple of years but he wants to leave. I would agree with him that Manchester isn't the most appealing place to live in, compared to the other clubs mentioned. There's also an element of greatness when we talk about Madrid/Barca/Bayern or even (arguably) Juve. They are the biggest clubs in their countries and the biggest clubs in world football in terms of history, every player's goal is to play there.

City looks lost, they look beatable this season... on top of that...

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-are-the-punishments-pl-cite-101-rules-broken
I'm not gonna lie, I thought the same at that point of the season. But look at City now! Won the FA Cup against our city rivals, Arsenal bottled it and City kept good pace to win the league and two fantastic wins against Madrid and Inter to complete the treble. Who would've thought. What a day, would've loved to have been at Istanbul myself but I'm hopeful I can be in a Man City UCL final in my lifetime. Forever grateful to Guardiola and every player that had a role, and I'm glad Gundo, KDB, Walker or Bernardo can leave the club with the title. This generation of players fought hard to get it, and they did it playing some beautiful football (except for today maybe!)

Treble is coming home to manchester... it's just the "noisy neighbours took it.

Crazy to think arsenal is heavily included in both manchester clubs treble but i think this time is worse than 1999

Back
Top Bottom