Manchester City Thread

Your telling me! weve sold out best two players in the last 6 months and have feck all to show for it!Vassel is definitly a rich mans Huckerby but if it was him or some of the other strikers we were linked with like Bent form Everton I'd take Vassel everytime!

ghazi said:
JM - other than Vasell, what have y'all done with the SWP money?
No doubt it's gone towards some of the 60 million squid they have of debt. :shock:

Injury woe for City star
Manager Stuart Pearce has confirmed that last season's Player of the Year Richard Dunne will be out for three months after fracturing a bone in his foot.
Pearce stated: "At this moment in time it'll be a long-term injury. He's got a slight crack in his foot and we're looking at three months."

The defender sustained the injury during the Club's pre-season tour of Thailand and with less than two weeks to go to the start of the Premiership campaign the manager admitted: "It's a big loss but we are just going to have to move on from there.

"Nedum Onuoha is not far away from a return, David Sommeil played against Sheffield Wednesday, Micah Richards is there as well but we might have a look in the transfer market if we think we need anyone else to give us that bit of cover."

With a queue already formed outside the treatment room, the addition of Dunne's name to the casualties is both untimely and unwelcome for all concerned.

"Richard is very disappointed because he wants to play. Look at the way he finished last season - he was in blinding form for us and he was a massive player.

"It's happened and we are disappointed but we can't do much about it now. He's disappointed, I am, everyone at the Club is but we just have to hope that we can get him back as quickly as we can now."

Dunne's bad luck now gives others a chance to press for first team action as the manager noted: "Someone else will have to step in and it will be an opportunity for them."

Dunne formed a formidable partnership last year in the centre of defence with Sylvain Distin, but the Club captain believes that the manager has other options within his squad.

"Of course it's a disappointment, but we've got to think are we going to sit here and cry, or are we going to do something else? One man doesn't make a football team and it's up to us to do our best," says Distin.

Race Murder: Footballer Makes TV Appeal
Manchester City footballer Joey Barton has made a TV appeal for his brother to come forward for questioning over the racist murder of Anthony Walker.An international police hunt has begun for Michael Barton, 18, and another man, Paul Taylor, 20, who are wanted in connection with the killing.Police have said they think the men, who both have previous convictions, may have fled abroad, possibly to Amsterdam.
Both are from Huyton, Merseyside, where the murder took place on Friday.

Premiership star Barton said his family was "sickened" by the murder and told his brother that he must come forward.

"The horrific killing of Anthony Walker has shocked the country," Barton said.

"Those responsible for the senseless death of this decent, kind and caring young man must be brought to justice. My sincere condolences go out to Anthony's family at this terrible time.

"My side of the Barton family are sickened by his death.

"Although Michael and I were not brought up together I urge him now to come forward.

"Michael, if you have any information you have to tell the police. You must do this for the Walker family, so they can mourn Anthony, and you must do it because you know it's right."

Joey Barton is no stranger to controversy, having been sent home from City's pre-season tour in Thailand after becoming involved in a brawl with a young fan and a team-mate.

Detectives also said they had arrested two more men from Huyton, one 26 and the other 29, in connection with the murder.

Mr Walker was walking with his white girlfriend and a cousin when attacked with an axe in a "vicious and unprovoked" assault near his home in Huyton.

Earlier in the inquiry police arrested two teenagers aged 17 and 18. They have since been released on police bail.

A book of condolence was opened today at Anthony's local church, the Grace Family Church, in Aigburth.

All go go go in the blue half of manchester today! 60m debt ha! should be about 30m at the most now! and 15m of that is off the chairman, and with the big wage takers gone i.e Anelka 50k Bosvelt 30k Macmanineverplayagameandusedcityforapayday 40k off the books we should save ourselves a packet! Pearce has said he looking for another midfielder in a defensive role! TBH i think we need a bit more creativity in the midlle! i wouldnt mind Casterlan as a replacement for SWP we seem to be linked to him everyday and the latest is a move for Graverson!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
lol jamie, your club is making it too easy now....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4742675.stm

I can hear that chants now...

"they've got the biggest turbine in the league"

MASSIVE!!!

Well we are a massive club! ;) Anyhow seems Pearce has failed in a 4m bid for Malbranque and if we dont improve our offer we could be in for Olivier Thomert from lens!

Manchester City have had a bid for Steed Malbranque turned down by Fulham.

City tabled a bid in the region of £4 million for the Frenchman.

Malbranque's future at Fulham has been the subject of speculation since last season.

The former Lyon ace endured a difficult campaign last term by his own high standards struggling to hold down a regular place in the side.

Malbranque also had a couple of rows with Fulham boss Chris Coleman last season, which had hastened reports that he could be on his way out of Craven Cottage.

City have money available to bolster their squad from the sale of Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea and they see Malbranque as an ideal replacement for the England international.

Despite seeing their initial offer rejected City are expected to come in a with a new one to try and lure him to Eastlands.

City communications chief Paul Tyrrell admitted that the deal was not dead. "It is disappointing that our offer has been turned down but we still retain a strong interest in the player," Tyrrell told the club's official website.

Manchester City could step up their interest in Olivier Thomert after having a bid for his compatriot Steed Malbranque rejected.

Fulham snubbed City's offer, believed to be worth £4 million, for French playmaker Malbranque as Stuart Pearce looks to spend some of his windfall from the sale of Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Pearce is still keen on Malbranque but, with Fulham proving to be reluctant sellers, may now launch a bid for Lens ace Thomert.

The 25-year-old has regularly been linked with a move to The Premiership and has expressed a desire to play outside of France.

He was disappointed a switch to Tottenham Hotspur last year failed to materialise, while Charlton Athletic had an offer for the attacking midfielder rejected in January.

Lens revealed last month they have received no fresh offers for Thomert but are now bracing themselves for a bid from City.

Though Lens spurned an offer of £6 million from Spurs 12 months ago, it is rumoured they would now accept around £5 million for Thomert.

City can afford that figure and Pearce must now decide whether to hand Thomert the opportunity to link up with former Lens team-mate Antoine Sibierski at The City of Manchester Stadium. Previous suitors of Thomert also include Bolton Wanderers, Everton and Villarreal but City are now the strongest contenders to land the former Le Mans player.

mancitythrid9tj.gif

jamie_mack said:
We have upped our offer for Malbranque to 5.5m! i would think that will be accepted!

he's a crackin little player, him threading passes thru for the forwards could be effective, just cant see him wanting to leave Fulham to go to city.....

I think it's been a decent summer so far

We were always going to lose SwP and £21m is plenty
A. Cole will hopefully get us a few goals
Vassell is a bargain at 2m in my opinion. If he can get some confidence he'll be a regular England Striker

I'd love to have got Malbranque but don't want to be ripped off £5.5m is a good deal for Fulham.

AND Man U are looking in right mess! ;)

Welcome Tyler good to see a fellow blue on here! Looks like you were right Van the swine snubbed us! Id have loved to see him in a city shirt! Either way Pearce has impressed me with his transfer targets so far, although Andy Cole has to score in the derby to be anywhere near accepted in my book!

All is not well on the injury front we are now missing Dunne, Thatcher, Fowler, Sibierski, Weaver, Distin and with Onuoha well off the pase yesterday im slighly worried about the opener and yes the derby! with it being early this Season. Just read that Chelsea have turned a loan bid down from us for Huth which means Distin lloks like being out for a while aswell. The thought of going into the derby without Dunne & Distin at the back..:|

If united buy Ballack and Owen I'd be worried but they're short of challenging as it stands

We're looking thin though. 99% we're losing to WBA, bloody Robbo...

Why are you all worried? Have you all forgotten about your new center forward, David James?

Star Man: Richard Dunne
Despite all the hype surrounding Wright-Phillips, the Republic of Ireland international was City' player of the season.
One to Watch: Nedum Onuoha
A fine athlete who has already played all across the defence in his brief career.
Manager: Stuart Pearce
His first full season as a manager and he should be expected to build on his reputation after an impressive start.
INS: Kiki Musampa (Atletico Madrid, loan), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa), Andy Cole (Fulham)
OUTS: Steve McManaman (released), Christian Negouai (Standard Liege), Paul Bosvelt (Heerenveen), Jon Macken (Crystal Palace), Kevin Ellegaard (released), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)
Best signing: Andy Cole
Sky Bet Odds: 500/1
Likely top scorer: Andy Cole.
Possible best XI:
Live Sky dates: Birmingham City (20.08-PP), Everton (01.10-PP), West Ham (16.10), Aston Villa (31.10)

Our terrible third kit! Cant believe weve took Guardiola on trial! i thought when keegan had gone it would be the end of the OAP club!

Image is alright for me. Just a quick question, what do you guys REALLY think about Andrew (ha! it's Andy) Cole?

He played well on Saturday showed some nice touches, but once a red always a red he got a better reception that i thought he would! A hattrick in the derby would go someway towards him being accepted!:) I see weve made a bid for Stelious, please no Mr Pearce....!

They made a good point on Talksport the other day that if you go to Greece there are hundreds of Stelios's at half the price or less.

I hate it when us big clubs can't be bothered to bring players on all the time through the ranks and they'd rather go and pay millions for some bloke who may not even be suited to English football (not true in Stelios's case but still......).

how do you feel about My captain america now being man city's captain(claudio), I had to do a double take when I saw claudio on the tele with the captains armband..
nice job claudio!!!

Its only because Distin and Dunne were out! but a good substitute never the less! Am i right in saying hes back in the US squad after missing the gold cup!? As for Stellio's he no different from tricky Trevor Sinclair! how can we possibly go from bidding for Malbranque to Stelio's!?

Back
Top Bottom