Manchester United Thread

Zico said:
footieBalla said:
K K NOW IM CONFUSED, I DIDNT NOE KLEBERSON DISLOCATED HIS SHOULDER...!!! wat!?!?! HOW SERIOUS IS IT??

-azn

ps: not dat im ultra worried, NOW DAT GINGER IS OUT FOR A MONTH WIT THE HERNIA OP!!!!!!1 :(

Never mind im sure the tough tackling Phill Neville will be able to fill in the gap. :mrgreen:

Vieira certainly agrees after the ass whooping he got off Phillip last year! :twisted:

hutch said:
footieBalla said:
lets all give ronaldo and kleberson sum time b4 judgement day (as in judging how gud they are)

-azn

You're a bit late pal, Judgement day was August 1997. Never happened though, this cyborg from the future saved us. :D

lmao, lets hope the cyborg from brasil and portugal can... :mrgreen:

-azn

Zico said:
footieBalla said:
K K NOW IM CONFUSED, I DIDNT NOE KLEBERSON DISLOCATED HIS SHOULDER...!!! wat!?!?! HOW SERIOUS IS IT??

-azn

ps: not dat im ultra worried, NOW DAT GINGER IS OUT FOR A MONTH WIT THE HERNIA OP!!!!!!1 :(

Never mind im sure the tough tackling Phill Neville will be able to fill in the gap. :mrgreen:

LMAO, yea and i think, this is serious now, and mayb quinton can play left back, and phil wud go back to wher he plays better... perhaps????

-azn

I always forget Fortune even plays for us to be honest. :oops: However, he did a great job for us during the injury ravaged part of last season. Quite dependable, but I wouldnt trust him in any big games unless its desperate.

hutch said:
Zico said:
footieBalla said:

-azn

Vieira certainly agrees after the ass whooping he got off Phillip last year! :twisted:

I just knew you were going to drag that out again. :mrgreen:

You keep falling for the "Bait" don't ya hutch? :mrgreen:

Excuse me but I can't help noticing no-one except Phil Neville is discussing the vital role Saints' Groundsman played in our well won victory. Apparently it wasn't the shirts this time, or the scoring of 6 goals, a poky little ground or even leaves on the line... it was THE GRASS WAS TOO DRY AND A BIT LONG !!!!

Well dammit, I thought we'd merely beaten them by Claus and Killer Svensson defending brilliantly and snuffing out their creativity mostly before they got near the goal ? A few decent saves thrown in by Jones (backup keeper) admittedly, but apparently beating yer Man U is very easy as long as you have a bloke who forgets to cut the grass or water the pitch.

I see a relegation for the team in black if it's that simple, Mr Neville.

"He's not the real Ronaldo!" is the chant of the week for me, congragulations to the Wolves fans for winning something.

Christiano Ronaldo has had a low impact follow up to his impressive debut a fortnight ago.

How do the Man Utd fans feel about the Beckham / AF thing. If what Beckham said (about him slagging off his wife, accusing him of being disloyal cos he had to see the Queen w/ the rest of the England WC Squad, false accusations of him being in Barcelona, dropping him with little reason, etc), and then being frozen out of the club... its a bit off, i can understand why he tried to smack AF after he kicked the boot at him.

Zico said:
Just face it the signings of Ronaldo and Kleberson have been an utter disaster. :mrgreen:

I agree.

At least Wenger makes cheap signings that get us places. I could make a list but it would make the mancs sad.... oh alright then, I'll do it if you want :D :

Gilberto
Vieira
Lehmann
Toure
Campbell
Ljungberg
Pires

And thats just a small selection.

its tru its tru, but if u think about it, man u, along wit a host of other clubs, not including the arse mind u, have a great junior system we cud fall back on, im sure in later years i cud make a list of signings too for kenshin, vann, hutch and the rest of us "mancs" :mrgreen:

-azn

footieBalla said:
its tru its tru, but if u think about it, man u, along wit a host of other clubs, not including the arse mind u, have a great junior system we cud fall back on, im sure in later years i cud make a list of signings too for kenshin, vann, hutch and the rest of us "mancs" :mrgreen:

-azn

:shock:

Kensh|n said:
footieBalla said:

-azn

:shock:
meh, just think dat we ve got nothing to worry about, gud signings for wenger this summer yea, but im not too worried about ours yet

-azn

Noted Fear said:
At least Wenger makes cheap signings that get us places. I could make a list but it would make the mancs sad.... oh alright then, I'll do it if you want :D :

Gilberto
Vieira
Lehmann
Toure
Campbell
Ljungberg
Pires

I could list all the trophies we've won since Wenger's been up the arse, but it would just make all the plastic gooners sad, so i'll just put the very last one......

Prem Champions 2002/2003 :mrgreen:

How ya like them apples!!!!!!

:roll:
This is a Manchester Utd thread - talk about MANCHESTER UTD NOT about Arsenal and what you've won and what they've won. Its getting repetitive the whole Man Utd vs Arsenal fans arguement. Carry it on and we'll take action. And yes i know you'll revolt coz you wont like it :D

Read Loz's annoucement 8)

Noted Fear said:
Zico said:
Just face it the signings of Ronaldo and Kleberson have been an utter disaster. :mrgreen:

I agree.

Gilberto
Vieira
Lehmann
Toure
Campbell
Ljungberg
Pires

Great post Noted.

Just shows who is the better manager when it comes to spotting a player.

Zico said:
Noted Fear said:
Zico said:

I agree.

Gilberto
Vieira
Lehmann
Toure
Campbell
Ljungberg
Pires

Great post Noted.

Just shows who is the better manager when it comes to spotting a player.

Cantona
Schmeichel
Bruce
Pallister
Giggs
Beckham
Keane
Ruud
Ole Gunnar

I think Fergie holds his own quite comfortably in that department! Besides, Gilberto, Toure and Lehmann have hardly struck fear into opposing players hearts, have they???

Come on TB, Ruud cost £25 million remember. :mrgreen: So he wasn't exactly cheep was he.

T Butcher fan said:
But he was a relative unknown at the time (Well, I'd never heard of him!). I thought he was about 18 million squidz....

I'd never heard of him either, I was in the dam and this Dutch guy was raving about this RVN guy, saying he's a "god" over there, thought it was all abit much myself then when he got injured I'll admitt I thought "what was all the fuss about"

But £18.5mll is a f*ckin bargin for The Best Striker in Europe, that wouldnt even buy his dodgy knee now :)

LOL!! when he got injured I named him (with a little help from my bitter blue brothers) Ruud Van Kneedistroyed :twisted:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
But £18.5mll is a f*ckin bargin for The Best Striker in Europe, that wouldnt even buy his dodgy knee now :)

Na, i think you will find that Henry and Ronaldo are much better strikers than Ruud Vann.

Noted Fear said:
Zico said:

I agree.

Gilberto
Vieira
Lehmann
Toure
Campbell
Ljungberg
Pires

Thats bullshit. Lets assess the names you mentioned and see "what places they've got you"

Gilberto- Had a relatively quiet season for the gooners and was a key part of the team that didnt win the league.

Vieira- One of the best signings ever. World class. Still though, only managed 2 league titles and we're in what? His 7th season now?

Lehmann- How the hell can you call someone a great signing after 4 matches?

Toure- Similar circumstances to Gilberto.

Campbell- Great free transfer. Got you a league title in his first season. Yes, he seems to have "got you places"

Ljunberg- Another great signing. Enough said really.

Pires- Fantastic player, has failed to make you "the dominant english football force" which you're cock of a manager promised though.

Now lets compare them some of our "cheap" signings who have really took our team "places"

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- Has been a key part of the teams which have won 5 titles out of 7 since his arrival in 96.

Schmeichel- Nuff said again.

Cantona- Ditto

Keane- Double Ditto, led our team to a European cup which cant be said of any of your players.

Giggs, Butt, Scholes, P.Neville, G.Neville and Beckham- Cost= fuck all. We built THE most dominant force in English footie with these players. Could you see Wenger bringing 6 of his youngsters out of the reserves and turning them into International starlets? No.

Na, i think you will find that Henry and Ronaldo are much better strikers than Ruud Vann.

They dont match his goalscoring record. A strikers job is to score goals, Ruud is better at it than those two.

And the best bit is while you squabble over whos signed the best bargains Chelsea will eclipse the lot of you by signing world class players and winning everything in sight. :mrgreen:

cfdh_edmundo said:
And the best bit is while you squabble over whos signed the best bargains Chelsea will eclipse the lot of you by signing world class players and winning everything in sight. :mrgreen:

they probley will aswell, they've bought really well....

Your right though Hutch, Wenger cant touch Fergie when it comes to signings,

the ones you mentioned are 2nd to none, Wengers signings have spent most of their goon careers being 2nd....

Yeah Fergies bought some duds, but what manger hasnt :roll:

You must admit tho Ronaldo looks pretty crap like, i know he's only 18, but he just looks abysmal. :mrgreen:

You need to do more than step-overs you know Ronaldo, you don't get 20 minutes on the ball like you do in Portugal.

Zico said:
You must admit tho Ronaldo looks pretty crap like, i know he's only 18, but he just looks abysmal. :mrgreen:

You need to do more than step-overs you know Ronaldo, you don't get 20 minutes on the ball like you do in Portugal.

Well time will tell zico lad....

People like Rui Costa and Figo aint sayin how good he is for nowt mate.

He'll be given time to settle, , gooners where getting on Henry's back when he came over, he didnt score for 10 games. Ronaldo featured in 4 games.....

But by all means write him off, we'll see come the end of the season ;)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Zico said:

Well time will tell zico lad....

People like Rui Costa and Figo aint sayin how good he is for nowt mate.

He'll be given time to settle, , gooners where getting on Henry's back when he came over, he didnt score for 10 games. Ronaldo featured in 4 games.....

But by all means write him off, we'll see come the end of the season ;)

Well it's just my opinion, im normally completly wrong, but we'll just see come the end of the season like you said.

Zico said:
Well it's just my opinion, im normally completly wrong, but we'll just see come the end of the season like you said.

Im not daft, I can see where ya coming from, if he was playing for the goons I'd ask the same question...

He did blow the stadium away when he came on, 1st game of the season, fans eager to see what OT post Beckham would be like....

We all got carried away with it tbh, what supporter wouldnt, but we knew it wasnt gonna be sweet from then on, hence us not getting on his back cos he hasnt shown much since....

But still, we'll see ;) :)

But please dont be another Forlan, my usual laid back horrizontal like disposition

cannot take another Forlan!!!!
:twisted: :x

Give Ronaldo a chance. I know I will. If my memory serves me correctly, it took Pires and Henry, not to mention other of their French players, a whole year and a bit more to settle in to the pace of the Premiership.

And look at them now. Pires is a world class winger, and Henry ... well, damn, he's perhaps the best forward there is (note - Forward is not the same as a striker IMO, best striker = RVN)

Cristiano will be given a chance to prove himself, but he won't play each game. He's got potential, and I'm confident that with Fergie as his mentor, he'll become a class act for our club.

I think the same goes for Kleberson, though I'm a bit unsure about him. I think he'll be a good squad player, but I can't see him holding down a regular place ... unless he shows some facets to his game that I've never seen (I've seen him play a lot for Brazil, but he has admittedly been asked to play more defensive there).

Anyway, I was surprised to hear that we put in a £13 million bid for Dortmund centre back Christoph Metzelder. Perhaps it shows Fergie thinks our defence is still a bit bare with all them injuries.

theblurry1 said:
Give Ronaldo a chance. I know I will. If my memory serves me correctly, it took Pires and Henry, not to mention other of their French players, a whole year and a bit more to settle in to the pace of the Premiership.

And look at them now. Pires is a world class winger, and Henry ... well, damn, he's perhaps the best forward there is (note - Forward is not the same as a striker IMO, best striker = RVN)

Cristiano will be given a chance to prove himself, but he won't play each game. He's got potential, and I'm confident that with Fergie as his mentor, he'll become a class act for our club.

I think the same goes for Kleberson, though I'm a bit unsure about him. I think he'll be a good squad player, but I can't see him holding down a regular place ... unless he shows some facets to his game that I've never seen (I've seen him play a lot for Brazil, but he has admittedly been asked to play more defensive there).

Anyway, I was surprised to hear that we put in a £13 million bid for Dortmund centre back Christoph Metzelder. Perhaps it shows Fergie thinks our defence is still a bit bare with all them injuries.
gotta agree with you, everyone deserves a chance, i can tell that no one can come into the premiership from another country, be it portugal, brasil, france, italy, germany, holland, etc etc... and play exceptionally well, tis tru, ronaldo swept the entire premiership in the first week, but as for kleberson i gotta disagree with you blurry, im not quite sure he can make the switch from south american football to english footie, it was a bit easier for cristiano, and brasilians will take a bit more time... we ll just have to see, it seems like everyone has said dat once during a conversation about ronaldo...

-azn

Back
Top Bottom