manual or what?

J

Jenzo

just wonder what type of control the most uf us use in order to switching players in game. :shock:

i always had set it on auto untill WE8LW\Evo which i had a semi-auto with 2 grey bars coloured.
Atm i'm testing a full manual mode in WE9.
Which one do u use most?

I use full manual but I've seen people use every variation possible.

And the game still always picks the worst player in most situations ;)

crayon said:
Manual all the way....except my car, which is automatic:D
lol

i'll practise with manual thou. btw i get difficulties sometimes cause i change too many times and too fast. i miss the correct player and then i have to quicly switch to all the ones in the screen to re-get rigth one :|
:l1: :l1: :l1: :l1: :l1:

;)

Obviously, most of the good experienced players I have seen use full manual control.

I don't.

Maybe, It worths a try after all these years.

For those who have been using manual,

What is your experience in WE9? Do you have a real edge using manual?I mean, with all these complains about messy control over players and the random moves of L1 cursor, is it still worth it to switch to manual in WE9?

Well, i have been using manual since we7.. and I think that u should give it a try because you can decide to a certain point what player the comp will give u.. all u have to do is press pres to joystick to the direction of the player u want and then press L1.. This gets me the player I want In 2 L1 presses.. at most.. but sometimes (not very often) it takes like 3-4 times to get the player i want.. that is if u just have to switch players really fst (4 example.. somebody is gonna shot and u have to cover the shot..) Also in Manual mode you can position your defences to intercept the ball.. (i dont know if i make myself clear, but 4 example.. I play with 3 defenders and usually when my friend is attacking in the band and I see that he is gonna give a through pass.. I switch to my defender and position him in a place where he can surely get the ball if they give the pass on the ground.. also if they give it in the air I am prepared and take out my goalkeper as quickly as I can)... IMO I think everyone should try manual.. because if u play automatic the computer kinda takes advantage of that.. and most of the times will score because u got the player that u didnt want to get...

Observer_ said:
Obviously, most of the good experienced players I have seen use full manual control.

I don't.

Maybe, It worths a try after all these years.

For those who have been using manual,

What is your experience in WE9? Do you have a real edge using manual?I mean, with all these complains about messy control over players and the random moves of L1 cursor, is it still worth it to switch to manual in WE9?

Been using 'manual' in the past. But since WE8:LE have gone to semi-auto. Either the default or 2 bars. Reason for this is I feel that on offence using semi-auto gives you that split second lead when getting onto delfections and reacting inside the box.

Of course the downside is on defence. Using semi auto, causes the palyer to change at the worst moments so have to be very alert when covering. Especially on WE9, I notice that if you're using :square: to bring another player to press, and the opponent checks his run (chg dir), control swithces to teh pressing palyer. The time taken to correct this, usually results in the opponent beating your defence. Irritating.

Cheers.

I wish it was more manual than manual gives you at the moment. Far too often if a ball is loose and is between a couple of your players, the game still switches between the two in annoying fashion without you pressing L1, generally allowing an opposition player to pick up the loose ball.

It also changes too often for corners etc. when you're attempting to defend a particular area with a player and then it changes selection when the corner taker kicks the ball.

I don't mind the occasional automatic change when applicable, like when a long ball is played by a keeper etc. but due to the amount of time it takes a player to respond to your command it shouldn't try and change it for you that often.

Even when using manual you have to use super cancel all the time. Why Konami doesn't give you full control of your players is beyond me.

Mart said:
I wish it was more manual than manual gives you at the moment. Far too often if a ball is loose and is between a couple of your players, the game still switches between the two in annoying fashion without you pressing L1, generally allowing an opposition player to pick up the loose ball.

It also changes too often for corners etc. when you're attempting to defend a particular area with a player and then it changes selection when the corner taker kicks the ball.

I don't mind the occasional automatic change when applicable, like when a long ball is played by a keeper etc. but due to the amount of time it takes a player to respond to your command it shouldn't try and change it for you that often.

This is what I meant to say. With all this flaws in manually controlling players in WE9, is it worth it to try out the manual anymore?

I tried it couple of times, and I felt the control on my players is realy missed up. The cursor changes too fast by default (without me hitting L1). at those places that teems with players (i.e midfeild), it was difficult keep the cursor on the desired one.

I use 3 or 4 bars usually.

used to switch manually, but i noticed that in WE9, the ball may sometimes break free and most times you're not fast enuf to hit L1. at those moments, i'm glad that i use semi-auto player switching/select. ||||||:: at the rating u see on the left. i find that this setting gives me a bit more leeway in getting to the loose balls and also allow me to defend tighter. also works wonders in Zone Press tactic

Back
Top Bottom