Manual Passing - Do you use it?

Wlionheart

Non-League
27 March 2006
Sydney
Manual Passing.

Anyone use it all? Seems like you can really mess around with how hard you pass the ball.

To me it seems clunky. What do you guys think?

Cheers.

(Manual Passing: using right analog stick for direction and pressing R3 to pass with desired bar level)

Looks like you're a Konami employee taking surveys of which functions of game, PES users often use or not! :mrgreen:

Nah but in all seriousness to answer your question, I do use it although not that often. It is absolutely vital though for the ultimate advanced player because there is some passes that you won't be able to pick out with any other button combination. Only way in those rare moments to get ball travelling to who you want at pace you want is to do it with "Manual Pass" (R3 stick control) and that surely takes some mastering but once done is a huge advantage!

So for regular passing, no as there is other ways around it like holding X longer but for those rare moments where nothing else will give quite what you're looking for (like putting a long ground pass way ahead of someone like 20 metres or a pass right along the height of field (not the byline but the other one) running into space from a weird angle, hard to explain what maybe you can visualize what I mean anyway) it should be used and is very valuable to have the skill.

Heh, I wish I were a Konami employee - play WE9 for a living would be awesome.

Good tips, shit I never thought of it like that.
I guess it takes pin point timing.
Fair enough.

Cheers mate

Of course I use it, however I change the button configuration so I don´t have to press R3. I just move the analog to the direction I want. Using manual pass is vital for an expert. I also use the manual long pass by pressing :l1: + analog direction; it´s very useful.

Artist said:
Of course I use it, however I change the button configuration so I don´t have to press R3. I just move the analog to the direction I want.

Thats the key to using it well alright, you have to sacrifice the fancy moves like the roullette but if you make good use of Manual passing its well worth it. :thumbup:

Yeah, I use it lots. Just wish I could judge the power better though, it seems so random at times. :( Being able to control the height, and spin of it would be nice as well.

Dar said:
Thats the key to using it well alright, you have to sacrifice the fancy moves like the roullette but if you make good use of Manual passing its well worth it. :thumbup:

I used to use it pre Pes4, then they changed it so you had to press down.

are u saying i can go back to how i had it b4 mate??!?

db

As much as I would love to, it's just too much for my tiny mind to handle (i.e. more often than not it goes out of play when pressing pass puts it where I want - well, at least 50% of the time). I'd love to get into it but I doubt I ever will, unfortunately.

Now that i know you can change it so you don't have to press down I might. I was using it sparingly before.

Ezio

denirobob said:
I used to use it pre Pes4, then they changed it so you had to press down.

are u saying i can go back to how i had it b4 mate??!?

db

Yeah, just go into the controller options and it's the manual passing/analogue stick options. You can change it so instead of being -> + R3, it just shows the arrows around the analogue stick. :D

Then you can use it just like it used to be, and as Artist pointed out, to do the fancy tricks and stuff, you then press down R3 as you move the right analogue stick. :thumbup:

Mikey said:
It's better when you have to press R3. Makes you more accurate.

I dont find that at all. It's much harder to judge the power correctly that way. With just the direction press, the further you press the harder the pass. It's much more intuitive and a lot more accurate in my opinion. :)

Good sh!t guys.
Gonna try tonight after work.

I guess it would take time to master, but would make a hellova big difference when trying pull off some intricate passes that you can't normally do with X.

Cheers

i love manual passes . it make the game much more fun to play!! i use all the time. i hope konami continue improving this tipe of pass and make the players that receive this pass with better response like when you use the through ball.

Dar said:
I dont find that at all. It's much harder to judge the power correctly that way. With just the direction press, the further you press the harder the pass. It's much more intuitive and a lot more accurate in my opinion. :)

Isn't it the longer you move the stick in the direction, the harder it goes? I found having to press R3 very annoying at first, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dar said:
Yeah, just go into the controller options and it's the manual passing/analogue stick options. You can change it so instead of being -> + R3, it just shows the arrows around the analogue stick. :D

Then you can use it just like it used to be, and as Artist pointed out, to do the fancy tricks and stuff, you then press down R3 as you move the right analogue stick. :thumbup:

Sir, you are a giant amongst men.

my eternal thanks.

db

I'm trying to use it more myself as long as I have time and no faith in PES's ability to pass in the right direction. :)

Slobber said:
It's better when you have to press R3. Makes you more accurate.

I agree.

But it is still not accurate enough. I use it as an alternative to the through pass or passes in free space that the receiving player can run into or run towards. I also use it for crossing in the penalty box, especially low crosses. There are situations where a manual pass is better then cross or triangle when you are trying to reach your striker for a tap in.

Back
Top Bottom