Marco Tells the press what he said to Zidane

Himawari

Far from home
3 March 2006
Philly, PA
A.S. Roma
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...id=127&lid=8&title=Marco+reveals+Zidane+taunt
This news is a bit of a suprise to me, its a bit late, but peiceing together the motion that Zidane made with his shirt, and his previous record of rowdyness, this hits me as logical.
The bad rep that Marco's gotten is really annoying me, I really do enjoy watching him play, and the image that the french have made him out to be is really unfair without knowing exactly what happened. Thats just my oppinion, it was really sad to see such a player go off the field in such a manner. After his beautiful PK conversion, but no one will remember him for that, they will remember the headbutt.

The only thing that is unfair is the fact that he got a longer ban than De Rossi, or banned in general. Also the fact that Zidane won the award for 1 good performance.

I thought that Cannavaro played a spotless world cup ;)
And if that deserved a Ban, than where were germany's yellow card for Ballack's face grab dive in the Arentina game, means Maxi was given one for a "dive" (dive? Bah.), along with the Card for virtualy assualting the Argentine goal keep? As much as I love my home country, even the Italian Penalty Kick against Australia was a bit in the grey area, and I will admit that (Even world class has its days off). The fact that the ref's in the world cup were horrible in most cases, the Italia-Germania semi was very well handled, and the final up untill the point of being banned for two games on marco's behalf :(

Interestingly enough, Buffon came out and asked why they took the call without question, and that (exactly as you stated Milanista) Marco's ban was unfair.(later in that article they called out a FIFA rep for leaving the finals when italy won, heh.)

Back
Top Bottom