Marvel's Spider-Man [PS4]

I know what you mean mate, I am skint as well! I do like the idea of waiting on it until Chrimbo. Sony will almost certainly have thrown out a deal by then. Also, seems like a very fitting Christmas game.

I definitely have it on my to play list but don't see the point of buying it fullprice right now with so many other games on the horizon, Tomb Raider in a few days, then Fifa19 then Red Dead Redemption 2.

Actually I'm struggling to get into it. Whereas Arkham felt like a game specifically designed for Batman. This feels like and generic open world game with Spider-Man added to it.

It's solid enough but not inspiring. What's really annoying me though is the hand holding. I don't understand why I need to be told how to open a door after the 50th time and why I can't work out where I need to go in the lab without a massive yellow diamond counting down the 3 metres to the desk. At least have an option to remove the assists.

I'll play it today and tomorrow and hopefully it gets better. This is the first game I'm playing after God of War so maybe that's thrown my standards off a bit.

Bought the game yesterday. Was going to wait because I have a backlog of games, but the superhero in me could not resist any longer.

I have always been a big fan of Spiderman and the thought of being able to websling my way around New York was reason enough.

What can I say : the game looks amazing! Love the lighting, I simply love just sitting on top of a building and watching the city.
I’m old skool so only wearing the original spidey suit.

The combat is absolutely amazing. Only downside – for me – is that I’m turning 50 next year so I’m basically an old fart with deteriorating reflexes :P
I have died many times already just because sometimes it’s all a bit too quick for me. But I refuse to go below the amazing level.
Must say I’m getting a little bit better already. I didn’t use circle/evade enough in the beginning and that will surely get you killed.
Now that I do use it I’m already doing better.

So far I have done just a few missions and am right now focusing more on the towers, the backpacks and stopping crimes when going from one location to the next.

This game really brings out the kid in me again.
As said I’m almost 50. I have 2 kids of 14 and 16 yrs old. Yesterday my wife running a bit late so she asked me to start cooking as soon as I got home from work.
It didn’t turn out so well……..she came home and caught me playing Spiderman and not having done anything regarding dinner, you can imagine the nice conversation we had but It was something along the line of me not being a kid anymore. (says who?).

Anyway, loving the game and can’t wait to get back into it tonight.

One question : how do you make a selfie?
I have seen photo mode somewhere in the menu, but is there an easy/quick way to do it when in game?

One question : how do you make a selfie?
I have seen photo mode somewhere in the menu, but is there an easy/quick way to do it when in game?

When you go into photo mode, there is an option I think on the first screen. I forget what it's called but it's the top one I think, and if you right/left arrow over you'll find the selfie option. I missed it for some time too.

But yeah, the game is superb. It's a little behind God of War in terms of GoTY for me and I have my criticisms but it's still excellent. Once you master swinging and combat, it's a total blast.

Just wish it was more difficult. I know New Game+ is coming with a harder difficulty setting but one of my biggest criticisms of this generation's games is they tend to be too easy.

Think I'm about 75% finished and I've actually been delaying playing again just 'cause I don't want it to be over.

When you go into photo mode, there is an option I think on the first screen. I forget what it's called but it's the top one I think, and if you right/left arrow over you'll find the selfie option. I missed it for some time too.

But yeah, the game is superb. It's a little behind God of War in terms of GoTY for me and I have my criticisms but it's still excellent. Once you master swinging and combat, it's a total blast.

Just wish it was more difficult. I know New Game+ is coming with a harder difficulty setting but one of my biggest criticisms of this generation's games is they tend to be too easy.

Think I'm about 75% finished and I've actually been delaying playing again just 'cause I don't want it to be over.

Game was way too easy. The boss fights are easier than the goons. Clocked it on the hardest difficulty in 3 days, God of War took me weeks.

Game was way too easy. The boss fights are easier than the goons. Clocked it on the hardest difficulty in 3 days, God of War took me weeks.

Yeah, totally. I've hardly bothered at all with any of the suit powers, as well as whatever the three other things are called that you can sub in and out, because there just wasn't any point.

And I hate this modern design trend of having skill trees but no matter which way you play you're gaining them all and the only variable is in which order.

Like I said, I have my criticisms but for the most part it's a superb experience. Solid story telling and one of the best voiced protagonists ever.

So you guys recommend jumping straight into the hardest difficulty?

Yeah, I clocked it with he's regular suit, didn't like the new one so went back to the old one. Also even though your skill ranking goes up, you don't actually need any of the new abilities to complete the game. The skills you start with are enough. I used the L3+R3 special move less than 10 times throughout the game.

I'm taking it slowly. Want to enjoy this for as long as i can.
I was on New York last year and now find myself slinging around the city, going to places where i was.

The city is absolutely gorgeous, could swing around there all day.

about 70% trough the story, a lot of stuff collected... i'm getting tired a little.
i will end the story this week and will probably not collect all items.

it really is a nice game. 8/10 for me but not on a long stretch!

about 70% trough the story, a lot of stuff collected... i'm getting tired a little.
i will end the story this week and will probably not collect all items.

it really is a nice game. 8/10 for me but not on a long stretch!

I'm actually the complete opposite. I'm about 85% complete and stretching it out as long as possible.

Really, really impressed with the game and looking forward to playing again on Newgame+ once the DLC content is out.

I'm actually the complete opposite. I'm about 85% complete and stretching it out as long as possible.

Really, really impressed with the game and looking forward to playing again on Newgame+ once the DLC content is out.
Finished the story 2 weeks ago and sold it. It’s gotten repetitive. Freaking collecables. Drones, birds, cats... all that stuff blow it up. Polished with the nice web swimming. Fight system and combos where great. The story itself too. But it got so repetitive. Boss fights had easy pattern but where good presented.
8/10 and I go on.

I took the plunge on this on the Black Friday deal. Really enjoy it. Found myself playing into the night because I didn't want to stop. It reminds me of Sleeping Dogs, with the big city and endless collectibles. Also, pretty sure SD had a match frequencies mini games as well!
They nailed the swinging too, brilliant how it actually doesn't shoot Web until you have something to connect to. So it's quite realistic, if that can be a thing in a Spider-Man game. I am playing on the hardest difficulty so I do get killed quite a bit but the combat is slowly sinking in and the suit powers really help.

Also, holy shit this game looks well, Amazing. Spectacular, even.

Last edited:
This game is really hard for me now when I am about two thirds through it. After a certain event in the story it's just confrontation after confrontation and even enemies who are unaffected by Web attacks.

This game is really hard for me now when I am about two thirds through it. After a certain event in the story it's just confrontation after confrontation and even enemies who are unaffected by Web attacks.

Yeah, the last 2/3s is a decent challenge because of some of the new enemy types. Personally I'm looked forward to NewGame+ once some more of the DLC drops.

I powered through the rough transition into the last third of the game, didn't lower the difficulty as I was thinking about, and it came out alright. Still a bit annoyed with baddies being almost all over the map but once you get into the fighting rhythm it's not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom