massive difference between ps2 and 360 version?

drew_3

League 2
27 November 2005
its all in the title really i am thinking of getting the ps2 version of pro evo 6 to play on my ps3 but was wondering if there is much difference compared to the 360 vversion which i already have?

I've only played the 360 version, I think the only game play difference people have mentioned is the way players sprint (the animation).

i own the 360 version and played the ps2 version 2.

i think the ps2 version is much better.
shooting, speed and gameplay

for me the 360 version is too slow and the shoots are horrible!
you cant score very well. also i think the defenders are better so its harder to score. passing is quite okay AND adriano on the 360 is like a MONSTER he can do EVERYTHING he wants. he is nearly unstoppable.

On the 360, a tap of the button and it's over the bar. On the PS2, a tap of the button and it's a normal shot. Plus on the 360 you can't choose to control the CPU team, on the PS2 you can.

The PS2 version is far superior, in my opinion (and everyone I know personally's opinion).

360 version sucks majorly compared to PS2 version. I am not sure what Konami where doing when they made that version. If I were you id stick to the PS2 version.

I've got both mate. Not the best version on either system.

Very different though. I'd say PS2 version is better.

As weird as it sounds if you are using xbox360 with the AV cable switched to 'TV' instead of 'HD-TV' and set the 'VIDEO' to 4:3 instead of 16:9 the game plays faster. Much. To the extent that I wont play it in HD anymore!!

(If there are any doubters out there then please try it before slamming my post)

The PS2 version, however, just feels better. Better response, better control, better shooting, better passing.............

Just my opinion of course.

martd im so glad you said that! I noticed this back in the day when the missus had a SD telly and before I moved in and we got our 50" HD Plasma! It seemed to run a lot faster in SD.

djdoc - have you tried it since, switching to SD on the Plasma?

It took me a while to figure it out - thought i was going mad at first!!

I have indeed since and yes the difference is pretty radical! the game almost runs in slow mo in HD... Weird eh?

It's been discussed on here before. In-case you don't know why it appears to be slower/faster in different display modes, it's actually a trick of the eye. If you play in 4:3, the "players" are running across a small square area. If you play in 16:9, the image is expanded, and so the graphics are expanded. A player has to reach the middle of the screen in the same time that he does on 4:3, but because the image is stretched, it appears that he reaches that point quicker.

Put it like this. Say you play a video on a 4:3 TV of a man running from the very-left to the very-right of the screen, and it lasts for one second. Then you take that same video and you play it on a one-hundred-foot long specially made widescreen TV. It wouldn't take a longer time for him to run that distance, because it's the same video and the video is being stretched to fit. It would still take one second for him to move from the very left to the very right of the screen, which would make it look like he was moving at 100ft-per-second. :mryellow:

If the video was stretched uniformly, though (i.e. if it kept the same ratio, 4:3 to 8:6 or whatever - if you watched it on any square TV and then a different square TV, 21" to 30" or whatever), it shouldn't appear to run faster, because the stretch is being performed in a "proper" way. But because Konami refuse to implement a proper widescreen mode, that outputs in 16:9 natively, it will always be stretched and always appear to run faster when you play the game in widescreen.

I'm hopeless at explaining, but that's the reason, anyway.

Last edited:
^ thats a helpful post... we were discussing the differences between the PS2 and XBox 360 versions.....

I've bought my PS3 yesterday (along with PES6/PS2).
Somehow I like the speed and shooting of the 360 version.

I still have problems getting used (again) to the six axxis/PS2 version in common. I've played PES1/2/3/4/5/5 and WE7/8/9/10 on the PS2, so i should know how to use a PS pad.

shooting is different, but I think you can do good shootings in both versions, though it took me a while to get it on the 360.

passing (for me) is much better on the 360. In the first matches I've played with the PS2 version, almost 50% passes went to the wrong receiver ! (-> makes it unplayable for me at the moment)

16:9 is important to me, so another point goes to 360

as you can't play with edited teams online, the missing edit mode on the 360 does not count for me.

As mentioned above, I DO like the speed of the 360 version. The PS2 version is too fast/arcady to me (maybe I'm getting old)

more impressions to come after the weekend. And yes, I bought the PS3 just to play PES6/PS2(... and PES2008) with a PS pad

And yes, I bought the PS3 just to play PES6/PS2(... and PES2008) with a PS pad

Yeah, well, I bought the 360 to play PES6 but I gave the game back because it truly sucks and I probably would have sold the 360 had it not been for Gears of War.

If PES7 sucks then I’m gonna constantly bang my head on the wall. Then I'll bleed. Not pretty.

The major difference is of course the very important edit mode.The only thing I like about it is the fact that it's harder to score against the CPU that's all.Apart from a very very crap first attempt on the next gen.PES 6 on xobx360 is the guinea pea of next gen pes so that's why I expect a huge improvement

In all honesty it was just Konami getting a game released on a Next Gen console without having to think too much about it.

How many people here reckon its crap but STILL own a copy?
I bet there are a fair few.

PES 2008 looks the B****ks but, as always, i'm just waiting to be disappointed.

I played ISS64 the other day. Mazin!!!!

Back
Top Bottom