Master League Adventures and other ML stuff 2011!

I really hope the opposition AI is better in PES 2012 - I just can't get into the offline modes of 2011 in single player.

It's not challenging or realistic - under CPU control, Rooney is no more dangerous than Heskey, United are just as easy (if not easier) to beat than Birmingham...

There is still fun to be had by trying to score skilful and/or spectacular goals, and doing little mazing runs to skin defenders etc. but the actual challenge of slugging through a tough few seasons until your team improves just isn't there for me.

It's always a laugh in co-op though, there can be some comical defending if you don't work together properly :LOL:.

I hear you on the AI, I played my ML on Top Player for the first time and it seemed great at first, the AI tried to attack. A while later and every team plays the same, they wedge 9 players deep in their own half and spam through balls until one of them gets through. Same every time. Mostly it doesn't work, bur if it does, and it goes 1-0 up, they instantly shut up shop and even timewaste. Out come the ridiculous defensive formations and it's a huge slog to get a goal back. Variation isn't the AI's strongest point.

As for my ML update, I'm pressing on to try and build my club further, that's been a lot of fun. Season 2 is over, I won a cup double, the French cup and beat Spurs 1-0 after extra time to lift the Europa League trophy, Schwarz netting a scruffy winner. The game itself was great, a rare case of the AI trying to play properly, and became a tense midfield battle for the most part.

I finished second in Ligue 1 behind Lyon who were almost invincible, they won 30 of their 38 league fixtures! Schwarz finished top scorer with 24 league goals, 34 in all competitions, with Pavluchenko on 20 and Modric a revelation in the midfield 'hole' scoring 17.

So on to season 3, I'm straight away tempted to sell Santon as Roma have bid £45M. I signed him for £5M and his value has skyrocketed in just one season. I'm teyng to sign a French striker called Remy, he looks amazing, but his club won't sell him.

Last edited:
Im kicking off a new ML.. using a Aston Villa or Tottenham, maybe go a little lower down the table or possibly with my favourite team Manchester United and their full squad lists, to tide me over till PES2012
any ways i will keep you guys up to date with 1/2 season updates :)

Maybe it's because I'm fairly new to PES but I'm really enjoying ML, I am Man City, made some good transfers and really enjoy the fact I have to rotate and move my team unlike FIFA. Also loving taking the Wenger approach of buying in young players and building them up.

Maybe it's because I'm fairly new to PES but I'm really enjoying ML, I am Man City, made some good transfers and really enjoy the fact I have to rotate and move my team unlike FIFA. Also loving taking the Wenger approach of buying in young players and building them up.

tis the beauty of ML that you just keep playing to keep the team running, like i will be sticking with my Crystal Palace ML, after realising my Ageing team will need some changes, so i want to know which avenue to take next! its a great mode, shame the AI ruins game play!

Well pre season is upon Marseille before season 3 starts, and it's all change. Roma offered £56M for Santon, a figure I couldn't refuse. It's a massive amount for a right back, and I only paid £5M for him. A profit of £51M in one season is crazy.

So Santon left, and I chose to sell Affelay Sporting for £37M too. His stats are crazily good now but he just doesn't ever seem to make the impact other players make. Time to cash in with another good profit on a signing.

Also going are El Moubarki, he was a week away from being out of contract and refusing to sign a new one, then decided to change his mind and accepted a contract. Half a week later, PSV came in and offered nearly £5M for him! Not bad for a fairly poor original ML player. Out also went a couple of reserve keepers who never played on free transfers.

So with a depleted squad and the prospect of the Super Cup and Champions League to come, I needed some serious strengthening. With around £100M in the bank, most of it from profits from player sales, I've done some good business, albiet with a decidedly 'Arsenal' feel to it. Hargreaves will now take Santon's place at RB as he's a decent replacement there, so in comes Diaby from Arsenal for £25M as his CM replacement. He offers a new dimension, particularly in the air.

Also coming in are Samir Nasri, also from Arsenal, for £25M too, and in comes Adebayor from Liverpool (who'd previously bought him from Real Madrid). Finally, also coming in are Nigerian left back Taiwo for £8M, and striker Edouard Butin from Inter for £5M (he originally starts playing for Sochaux in France).

So that's it I think for the new season. I've added a new defender, two quality midfielders, and two strikers to add to Pavlyuchenko and Schwarz. It's a versatile and good squad now, but I did have to beat off a lot of offers from various clubs for Modric, who's become a world star in the game now. Offers are going past the £50M mark so far but he's not for sale!

It's a strange mix now of original ML players like Ruskin, Schwarz, Palmieri, Schmidt, and the likes of Ettori in reserve, up and coming players bought like Miljevic, Ayew, Perin, and some genuine world stars now that the Champions League is on the horizon. It's been fun doing good business on players, Affelay and Santon came in for a total of £21M and just over one season later they've been sold for £93M, making a profit of £71M on just two transfers.

Last edited:
When you have a shake-up like that in the transfer market LT, the next season feels like a new game altogether. It injects a renewed interest and spark as you judge your new signings over the coming months. New heroes are born, and flops found out. Oh the joy of ML, I miss it.

Santon was a REALLY good right back, was strong, reasonably fast, got forwards, could cross, basically did everything he needed to. It was a wrench to sell him, but that kind of money for a full back is crazy. It allowed me to get Nasri and Diabi in return. Hargreaves is a good stand in, and is versatile to play in other areas when needed. He's a decent right back in real life too (when not injured of course) but seems to have been rarely used there in his career. I think he played occasionally at RB for Bayern but no so much since. But Diaby has made all the difference, I no long find myself giving away posession from most goal kicks because he wins so much in the air, and I'm slowly going to mould him into a Viera type midfielder.

Too true Jimmy, for every Santon, Miljevic, or Perin signed on the cheap who make it big, the fun is also in determining what works and what doesn't. I bought several players who haven't been as successful for whatever reason - Affelay was a good player, but just never made the impact that Ayew, Modric or Valbuena did, but then he was still a very good player, just someone who stuggled to hold his place, so doubling my money was also a great move and allowed an almost straight swap for Nasri. But developing his stats then selling him for more than I bought him for is really good fun.

Likewise, others like Bojinov came and went on loan with a view to buying permanently, and was sent packing for failing to make sufficient impact, and I looked elsewhere. Great fun. In many ways the ML wheeling and dealing is making me more excited for PES2012's new mode where you end up being a club owner. Very intriguing!

One thing I always find funny though is how Ruskin of all people is still able to hold his place. That will be challenged now with Taiwo arriving, but he beat off competition from other signings who came and went so fair play! He gets all over the place for a left back, pops up in the opposing box a lot, and it's a quality I really like with him.

Last edited:
Ruskin :LOL:

Honest, that little fella has given me nightmares when playing against him in MLO. I've played decent squads on MLO, and some still retained Ruskin, the only default player left in their squad. He does a job, there is no denying that. You gotta love him. :)

Ruskin is immense, but the transfer system isn't. You get some ridiculous transfers taking place for similarly ridiculous fees. It's the same as last year in that respect. Players value increases hugely as soon as you win things (as does their wage demands), and then the ridiculous offers for mediocre players come in. But, hey, I'll take 50 million if it's being offered.

My ml youth team is broken! All my players are over 20 and are the former lineup of Crystal Palace? seems like i have to start again regardless, shame, i was really liking that one :(
Anyone got a suggestion of a team to start with? Seeing as im going with Fill squad this time around? :)

Last edited:
My ml youth team is broken! All my players are over 20 and are the former lineup of Crystal Palace? seems like i have to start again regardless, shame, i was really liking that one :(
Anyone got a suggestion of a team to start with? Seeing as im going with Fill squad this time around? :)

Weren't you something like 15 or 20 years into the game though? Maybe it would do after that amount of time!

Just beat Arsenal 2-0 to win the Super Cup! Pavlyuchenko and Modric the scorers. It's really sad but I've managed to capture every goal scored in my entire ML so far on video, gonna pick out my favourites and post them some time. All of them might be a bit too much! But it's cool seeing all my old goals from season 1 to the beginning of 3. I've realised how I utilize my formation, and the vast majority of my goals actually come from getting wide and crossing the ball in, or cutting in from wide angles. I think it's something to do with the way the AI sets out French Ligue 1 teams, they all seem to be exceptionally deep lying and focus on drowning out your players in central areas, hence the need to get the ball wide in attacking positions. Also explains why I've largely got a squad of players who can play wide.....but a LOT of my goals are headers from crosses, particularly since I recently learnt a new type of cross where, say, if you are running left to right, and cross the ball to the left, you'd aim up and towards their goal and hold R2 before and during the charge up. Sounds odd, but you get a flatter, arcing cross that gets into that vital space between the keeper and his defenders.

Agree with you lot, Ruskin has to be the best default ML player - Ximelez, Ettori and Castolo aren't bad either!

Minanda is always my captain! Once he retires Shimi though :)
Im starting my new ML with Sunderland, Bolton or Aston Villa cant decide?!
Blackpool :WORSHIP:

Last edited:
Just moved Schmidt on for 65million crazy money for a player whos overall decreased!
And signed Luciano a 16 year old right midfielder!in 2018/19 season now! Loving Crystal Palace!

I have quite a few original ML players still at the club and Ruskin, Palmieri, Schmidt, Schwarz, Shimizu and Fatecha are all prominent players now. Just rejected a bid of £6m from Man Utd for Fatecha, who's rated at 80 now. Palmieri is now rated 93, Schmidt 83, Schwarz 82 but just scored 36 goals in all competitions.

I still have the likes of Ettori, Jaric, Van Den Berg etc in reserve and they do okay so long as they don't all play at once! Still can't believe though that someone bid £5m for El Moubarki though!

Last edited:
I feel quite racist at the minute, I don't have a black player in my starting 11. PES has never made me feel racist before. I think it's highlighted more in this case because I happen to have 3 attackers (from my youth system), who are all black, on my subs bench. Usually what I do is sub my 3 white attackers for my 3 black attackers at around the 70 min mark. So when they all come off and the subs come on it looks a little weird. Complete coincidence of course, I'm just bringing on my fresh youngsters for some first team action. But it makes me feel slightly racist, when I'm absolutely not :) Let's hope for a superstar black player from the youth system at the end of the season.

As for season number 2 itself, I'm 10 games away from becoming premiership champions. I hold a 6 point lead over Chelsea, the rest are miles behind. Got knocked out of the cup at the semi-final stage once again (same happened in my first season). Chelsea beat me 2-1 after extra time, disappoiting as both goals were corners and I usually defend them much better. Little worried there may be a bug in my game at the minute as Palmieri has been purple for 6-7 games in a row! It's looking good for a league title though, I've played most of the difficult teams (had a fixture list of Tottenham, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City in the space of 5 games!). Although I still have to face Chelsea so that game should be a good one.

I have quite a few original ML players still at the club and Ruskin, Palmieri, Schmidt, Schwarz, Shimizu and Fatecha are all prominent players now. Just rejected a bid of £6m from Man Utd for Fatecha, who's rated at 80 now. Palmieri is now rated 93, Schmidt 83, Schwarz 82 but just scored 36 goals in all competitions.

I still have the likes of Ettori, Jaric, Van Den Berg etc in reserve and they do okay so long as they don't all play at once! Still can't believe though that someone bid £5m for El Moubarki though!

on my ML:
Fatecha didnt get signed by me, but Manchester United took him, and sold him to AC Milan
Palmieri is 104 overall
Schmidt hit 91 overall, but has gone down to 89 when i sold him for £65m
Schwarz is 97 overall, turned down a £99.7million bid from Juventus
Shimizu is 98 overall
Pelaez is up at 96, and still growing fast, incredibly from a player who didnt grow at all in first 2 years.

:OT:on a side note, anyone noticed that retronym posting in the PES2012 discussion thread? bit of a tool in my opinion, seems like he has joined just to insult the current members and bitch and moan about a game which, has only one flaw so far as people are saying, something which may not even be included in the complete game or demo for that matter, total asshole :)

I aint read any of his posts to be honest, not sure where he came from, possibly here ?

bellend-682_506248a.jpg

I aint read any of his posts to be honest, not sure where he came from, possibly here ?

bellend-682_506248a.jpg

:APPLAUD::WORSHIP:

Lets hope he crawls back once the demo comes out and he releases there is no problem after all, merely a blip in the build, my opinion possibly konami trying to exagerate the AI movement to support the attack so as to make it noticeable, but by doing this it has made Defenders follow the same pattern and become an over stated factor in gameplay

anyways lets try and keep off pes2012 and on ML here!

Won the premiership by 12 points in the end, Chelsea fell away and I kept finding a way to win some tough, tight games. Sold Palmieri to Arsenal for 5m, not much for his potential but he was purple every week so there was no point keeping him. Brought through a number of youth team players, used my funds to put youth team up to lvl 5 along with fans. Improved my coaches as well.

Started two games of the new season (third season), won them both, for my first involvement in European football I get Real Madrid, AC Milan and Zenit in my Champions League group! Will be a very tough group for my useless guys to come through. We'll see how it goes.

first season with new Athletico Madrid ML... during the winter transfer window had 89MM euros offered from Inter to buy Aguero... and i tried to get it up to 93MM and they walked. dumbest move i have made. could have bought a lot with that!!

first season with new Athletico Madrid ML... during the winter transfer window had 89MM euros offered from Inter to buy Aguero... and i tried to get it up to 93MM and they walked. dumbest move i have made. could have bought a lot with that!!

Agueros value should sky rocket after a couple of years, becomes one of the best players in the game!

Back
Top Bottom