15 March 2003
France
Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3

Solid Snake Old ??? :shock:

me000060735728pk.jpg

otacon9kd.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3

No, I think its a continuation of MGS 3, where you're using Big Boss instead of Solid Snake... so in the story its BEFORE MGS 1 and 2, but after MGS3.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3

that looks weird with did you say big boss and is it only for the ps3

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3 (Friday first video in Real-Time)

Can't wait.

Love MGS.

2 bad I don't understand a thing that is written there. Gonna try and find something in engrish about it :p

Those mech type thingy's make it look quite futuristic so im guessing its in the timeline after mgs2 (around 2010). hence big boss looking as old as that.

yeh, that's what's supposed to have happened. but i read somewhere that in the old MG games (the ones before mgs1) big boss might not died after all and with this being a kojima game u can expect more twist and turns then and f1 track.

also the latest news on ign about mgs4 mentions something about 'Solid Eye' as the keyword. seems pretty convincing evidence this is either A) Big Boss or B) another clone of big boss...maybe combining the dna of big boss and solid snake. same as they did with solidus snake which combined the resesive genes of solid and the superior genes of liquid

Milanista said:
It cant be if Big Boss died BEFORE MGS 1.

It may be Solidus Snake.

TGS 2005: First Metal Gear Solid 4 details
Surprising trailer will show an older soldier that resembles Solid Snake, hinting at a futuristic timeline.

Director Hideo Kojima's trailers for the Metal Gear Solid series have always contained surprises. Back when Metal Gear Solid 2 was first shown, audiences at the Tokyo Game Show were fascinated by the high-quality graphics rendered in real time on the PlayStation 2, with some visitors mistaking that it was a prerendered movie. Metal Gear Solid 3's trailer teased gamers by hinting that it would take place during the Cold War, making everyone wonder who the main character was. The trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 that will be shown during the Tokyo Game Show 2005 this weekend will undoubtedly surprise fans of the series once again.

It's only a matter of days before Konami shows off its first real trailer of Metal Gear Solid 4 at the Tokyo Game Show, and the latest issue of Famitsu disclosed preliminary details on what event attendees will be seeing. As gamers may expect, the trailer will show how Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the most realistic-looking MGS yet, thanks to the PlayStation 3's high-quality graphics.

But the greatest change in Metal Gear Solid 4 may not be on its surface. In what may come as a huge surprise to gamers, screenshots in Famitsu show a character resembling series hero Solid Snake--as an elderly man with gray hair, wrinkles, and a moustache. Though the older man hasn't been confirmed as Solid Snake, he seems to have all the hero's trademarks, including a gray bandana, a muscular physique, and the habit of smoking cigarettes. The man wears a mechanical patch on his left eye (making him look similar to Metal Gear Solid 2's Solidus Snake), which seems to be a high-tech scope connected to his new small mech partner, Metal Gear Mark II. Metal Gear Mark II looks identical to the robot that appeared in Konami's classic game Snatcher, one of Kojima's early works. A screenshot from another scene shows a man resembling Otakon, who looks like he's in his 30s or 40s.

Other screenshots hint that Metal Gear Solid 4 will take place in a desolate, futuristic city rather than in a jungle like Metal Gear Solid 3. Soldiers, tanks, and two-legged mechs are seen on the roads. Talking to Famitsu, director Kojima confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4 will take place in a war zone. The game will feature multiple countries waging external wars and suffering from internal strife. Kojima plans to add realism to the relationships between Snake and the countries to make it more than just a simple character-enemy relationship. For example, if Snake kills a soldier from one country, he may end up allying with its opponent.

Kojima says that he hopes to make Metal Gear Solid 4 more "natural" than previous installments in the series. With the hardware shift to the PlayStation 3, the developers will be able to give natural motions and facial expressions to the characters--eliminating the need for exclamation points to appear above soldiers' heads when they recognize something.

During the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Kojima said that he wanted to develop elements that weren't "visible by the eye" in Metal Gear Solid 4. He revealed to Famitsu his plans to include "mind games," which will have opponents' concentration depend on their mental condition. For example, soldiers may become weaker if they get intimidated.

For fans of Metal Gear Solid 2's Raiden, Kojima confirms that he will be making a comeback in Metal Gear Solid 4.

GameSpot will have more details on Metal Gear Solid 4 from the floor of the Tokyo Game Show.

source: gamespot.com

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3 (Trailer in Real-Time)

Solid Snake has now become Billy Connolly........ ;)

billy-connolly.jpg

Stick an eye patch and a bandana on him and bingo, a movie hero is born...

Last edited:

MGS 4 real time on the trailer but :

P.S. It bears repeating MGS4 is currently running on a PS3 dev system with:
75% the Clockspeed of the final CELL
Rambus RAM only 75% percent as fast as the stuff in PS3
An off the shelf GPU that runs 30% slower than RSX
A PCI-Express memory bus FIVE PERCENT as fast as a PS3

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!! :shock: :applause:

ThomasGOAL said:
MGS 4 real time on the trailer but :

P.S. It bears repeating MGS4 is currently running on a PS3 dev system with:
75% the Clockspeed of the final CELL
Rambus RAM only 75% percent as fast as the stuff in PS3
An off the shelf GPU that runs 30% slower than RSX
A PCI-Express memory bus FIVE PERCENT as fast as a PS3

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!! :shock: :applause:

yeah but surely they will NOT optimise the graphic style though,just maybe the textures etc.

Revan said:
It may be Solidus Snake.

you have to remember that this is many years after MGS2, Snake will have aged and Solidus Snake was an aged version of Snake, I'm currently playing through MGS2 for at least the millionth time, having completed MGS and Twin Snakes again for the millionth time, technically I should have played on MGS3 first.

I am a big Metal Gear freak

Metal Gear and Man Utd fan = Metal Gear United? lolz MGS4 rocks!

Fuck. I still havent played my copy of MGS3 and just bought God of War yesterday. Dont know when I'll have time with my schedule to do anything until december.

. . and of course i am already getting the Xbox360 in November. :lol:

I should stop pretending i have the time to finish these games.

ghazi said:
Fuck. I still havent played my copy of MGS3 and just bought God of War yesterday. Dont know when I'll have time with my schedule to do anything until december.

. . and of course i am already getting the Xbox360 in November. :lol:

I should stop pretending i have the time to finish these games.

what you w8ing 4?
The game starts slow but it keeps getting better and better.

I especially loved the sniper boss. frack me, I had to suffer to find the old man. But hell it was rewarding putting a bullet in the back of his head. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Agreed. And the story line was just fantastic. One of the best, if not THE BEST, story line for a videogame.

winsonkoh said:
Metal Gear and Man Utd fan = Metal Gear United? lolz MGS4 rocks!

never thought of it that way, Metal Gear in a United kit, interesting lol

MGS4 will be even better once launched

GO HIDEO!

MasterM said:
its snake, cuz of the fox die virus he is aging faster!

That's a good theory!

Actually since MSG1, we haven't heard about the fox die virus. There was a rumour that Naomi is to appear in MSG4., the hot doctor that created the fox die virus.

Yes it seems to be Solid Snake himself.

That comic sux, sorry. Matlock jokes were funny in the Simpsons, 15 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom