Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3 (Trailer in Real-Time)

Holio said:
Solid Snake has now become Billy Connolly........ ;)

billy-connolly.jpg

Stick an eye patch and a bandana on him and bingo, a movie hero is born...
"Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!"

"Fuck off!!"

Don't think that vid's workin, sounds like somethin silly anyway.

Hope there'll be a new trailer at E3!

Thanx. I havent even played a MGS game before but this game looks amazing. I feel like playing the older games that I missed out on.

Might start with Twin Snakes on the Gamecube.

Start with the original mgs1 for psx (or pc..), it's much better than the twin snakes. Beginning with Twin Snakes totally changes the feel of the game.

The problem with Twin Snakes is that they just applied the MGS2 gameplay elements to the original MGS1 levels, which weren't designed for that kind of gameplay. The result is that you could walk into any area and just take out all the guards in the first person view mode.

The main character in Metal Gear Solid 4 is actually Solid Snake and not Big Boss. The reason Snake looks so old is because he suffers from accellerated aging because he's a clone. And that thing on his eye that looks like an eye patch is actually called the Solid Eye System (or something like that), it's something that has a stuff like a scope and other things, which you can see in the trailer.

The action added to cinematics in Twin Snakes is also plain ridiculous, it's so out of place. The voice acting is less impressive also, as well some apparent useless editing to the dialogues and the new music. But one of the main things that made twin snakes much less enjoyable for me than the original is due to the lack of atmospehere in twin snakes.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not one to make a big deal of a game's story and cinematics, but those cut-scenes were rediculous. Unlike the rest of the Metal Gear games, this was not directed by Hideo Kojima. Some scenes in Twin Snakes were better suited for the Matrix movies rather than Metal Gear Solid, such as back-flipping through bullets.

Don Domenico said:
Start with the original mgs1 for psx (or pc..), it's much better than the twin snakes. Beginning with Twin Snakes totally changes the feel of the game.
Thats what all my mates told me but one of them pointed out that if you've never played the original, then you cant possibly feel that change in the game cuz you havent played the PSX version to compare it to.
So really, I have nothing to lose if I play Twin Snakes.

RuneEdge said:
Thats what all my mates told me but one of them pointed out that if you've never played the original, then you cant possibly feel that change in the game cuz you havent played the PSX version to compare it to.
So really, I have nothing to lose if I play Twin Snakes.

I'd nonetheless so say, play MGS1 on psx. Regardless of graphics, the psx version is simply the superiour game.

How is it superior?

If you want to play the orginal MGS with better graphics, get yourself bleemcast disc and enjoy it on a DC! :D

Don Domenico said:
I'd nonetheless so say, play MGS1 on psx. Regardless of graphics, the psx version is simply the superiour game.

I'll agree with that ;)

The Metal Gear Series haven't exceeded MGS1 imo....A remake of that and FF7 would definitely make me buy a PS3 ;)

But Twin Snakes was already the remake, and my did it turn out to be the better game..... :rolleyes:

I don't want to see remakes, or else every time a new machine is released you get 'Final Fantasy VII Remake Edition 49', etc. She'll still die!

New balls please!

Twin Snakes wasn't balanced. It had potential to be a great new experienced, but I don't think Konami wanted other developers (Silicon Knights) fucking with their precious MGS series.

ClassicD said:
I don't want to see remakes, or else every time a new machine is released you get 'Final Fantasy VII Remake Edition 49', etc. She'll still die!

New balls please!

Yes exactly, if you want a remake; just play the original again. Replaying the original, always adds a certain nostalgic experience as well.

About MGS 4 :

« - Original TGS trailer was only intended to be 10 seconds long. It was to show Snakes new model. It was just him standing up with his bandana waving in the wind.
- Kojima decided while putting that trailer together that he wanted to include alot more and so the trailer went from 10 seconds to 9 minutes.
- Otacon's final model differs greatly from his TGS model.
- Textures were a rush job to get completed.

Essentially everything you saw in the trailer aside from Snake was them rushing to get something together by that time. Which isn't all that surprising since Kojima later admitted to EGM that during the process they didn't have enough time to include civilians in the trailer. So you can pretty much expect the E3 trailer to look alot different from what we've got now. »

:)

Last edited:

An interesting fact about Snake's model from last E3's trailer is that the number of polygons in his mustache alone is about twice the number of polygons in an MGS2 soldier.
I'm wondering if they can actually pull off what they did with the trailer on an actual PS3.

lumlum said:
Twin Snakes wasn't balanced. It had potential to be a great new experienced, but I don't think Konami wanted other developers (Silicon Knights) fucking with their precious MGS series.

Remember people did miss out like myself on the greatest FF so if they remake that i wont mind one bit!

In fact please remake for launch it will sell a shit load of machines

Well Sony are going to be doing that virtual console thing on the PSP where you download PS1 games, a bit ambitious if you ask me.

It seems the e3 might even feature a demo instead of just a trailer for MGS4, though of course not playable for the audience.

As it says, he's said it before, but always chances of prequels anyhow, I would doubt Konami would kill the franchise as I doubt Kojima owns the rights to himself, it would be like Seabass saying this is my last WE/PES, someone else would produce the game.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3

Yeah, but the fans would know it's the last 'real' version, someone else would more than likely feck it up. I think it will be the last Kojima MGS, he's been saying for years he wants to do other things.

Back
Top Bottom