Michael Richards (aka Seinfeld's Cosmo Kramer) Racist outburst

rockykabir

hello
30 March 2003
London -> New York -> San Francisco
Liverpool FC
Last edited:
Holy. Shit.

That's unbelievable, I wouldn't have belived that was him if he hadn't apologised for it, I'd have thought it was a lookalike. That is absolutely incredible.

I'm stunned, I actually feel physically sick.

Imagine if you were black JB, you'd probably be near deaths door. Seinfeld stood up for him on the letterman show apparently saying that he's not a racist and this is just a reflection of the frustrations he's going through in life, whatever....

the only problem is that if a black person said something racist towards white people, then it wouldn't be considered racist.

still, you can't just go around sprouting stuff like that, especially not nowadays

That's true, I've been to many a show where the blacks call us crackers and wiggers and Wonderbreads and everyone just laughs. It's a very touchy subject sometimes but it depends, it seems to have these strict boundaries that pertain to very specific things. Like for instance I have an Eygptian friend Moutaz who is cool, I can call him camel jockey or sand monkey and he just laughs at me or gives it back to me with Paddy or Mick or something derogatory towards the irish. Anyways, there's no definition is what i'm saying. However this case is way over the top and I wouldn't rule out him doing it on purpose to revive a very dead career a la Mel Gibson style???

the only problem is that if a black person said something racist towards white people, then it wouldn't be considered racist.

still, you can't just go around sprouting stuff like that, especially not nowadays

I don't know where you are getting at mate? Racism is wrong - no matter who it is directed to.

The non-white people who gain pleasure from insulting white people are just as bad as it is vice-versa. No sane person can justify the discrimination of another person purely on the colour of their skin.

I don't know where you are getting at mate? Racism is wrong - no matter who it is directed to.

The non-white people who gain pleasure from insulting white people are just as bad as it is vice-versa. No sane person can justify the discrimination of another person purely on the colour of their skin.

yeah I know, racism is wrong, I never said it wasn't, and people who come out with racist comments need to be dealt with

but I'm standing by my comments, if a black person (especially a rapper, cause they do it all the time) insulted a white person, it wouldn't be seen as racist, or at least nothing would be done about it, and thats just as bad

He knows that Rocky. We all do. But that's not what he was saying though.

I see where matherto is coming from and agree with him to some degree to be honest.

video is shot after kramer is going off... i wonder what happend before that also the black person shouldnt've called him a cracker white boy because thats just as bad and racist, silence is the key in these situations. But that 50 years ago shovel slave outburst was over the top.

He knows that Rocky. We all do. But that's not what he was saying though.

I see where matherto is coming from and agree with him to some degree to be honest.

I understand where he is getting at as well...but the simple matter is that it is wrong and we shouldn't accept it. If a mate had said something racist (unintentionally perhaps), I'll point it out. The problem is that - as matherto explained - too many things are just accepted more and more these days.

There are problems on both sides (so to speak) but the problem is that most people can't see it. If a rapper says something racist about white people, people should stop buying his/her songs - thats the only way these entertainers will listen. Or maybe I'm living in a dream world ;)

Last edited:
Yeah sadly that's the case. A dream world Rocky.

The world would be a much better place IF people did what you said and everyone was treated equally regardless of their skin colour, ethnicity, culture, religion, etc. etc.
But sadly it doesn't work that way. :|

We went through horrible periods of black people being unfairly treated and things that although I had nothing to do with, I'm too ashamed to even mention and what's worst is to some smaller extent I'm sure this is still going on in some parts of the world. :(

BUT what matherto was getting at and I also will back up is now the things have somewhat turned it seems and not necessarily for the better of mankind and peace. People are still not getting equal treatment and respect. Suddenly in the Western Culture (at least where I live) it's much more OKAY and widely accepted it seems for a black man to make racial remarks towards the "White Boy" but the opposite of that is ENORMOUSLY frowned upon :rolleyes: probably due to the stuff black people have been through centuries ago.

The problem is, it's not just that one black rapper that you can boycott (plus what if he makes good music. :p :mrgreen: ) it's a lot of other black actors, comedians, normal everyday people that do that too sadly.

A lot of my close homies that I pretty much grew up with since Junior High School are black. They're some of my best friends but I notice they are racist too to some degree. They don't usually mean it but they make 'White Boy' jokes and 'Cracker-ass' sorta comment much more often than they ever get racial comments directed towards them.

But this isn't something about my friends (certainly not all of them anyways) but is something I've noticed in large percentage of African-Canadians/Americans or Jamaicans, etc.

Plus, what M. Richards did here is HORRIBLE especially the 50 years go comment!! :nono:

I lost a lot of respect for him (though I never had much anyway since I didn't follow Seinfield). There is NO justification for what he did!!

BUT here's the sad part. In my opinion, a black comedian could've done pretty much the same thing and I promise you, it WOULD NOT get NOWHERE near as much coverage and bad publicity!!

In fact I've seen them make those sorta jokes (although not in angry ragy tone like Richards was doing and nothing happened.. some laughed.. some obviously didn't like the jokes but just kept silent... )

And here's where the diffences start.. it's as if to some degree, some parts of the western society at least has made it OKAY for black people to make racial insults to white people and they should just ignore them and move on... but if a white man does it even everyonce in a while where as many black people practice these sorta unattractive behaviours in their everyday lives, then you know what happens! :roll:

ALL HELL BREAKS loose!​

This is why we've gone from a period of black people unfortuantely getting unfair treatment many many years ago to a place now where people are still not treated equally and fairly as they should be. Now the white people are getting more and more used to hearing racist comments and often doing nothing about it and this has made Black people use them more and more often and think it's okay to do it...

I'd like to see that; but no matter what the apologising I wouldn't forgive the guy. His thoughts are still there.

Cheers for that Kevano.

He does look quite disturbed by it, but the way he says "sometimes I get into different characters" and "I am not a racist" makes me laugh; how anyone can forgive the guy knowing that he thinks what he thinks, I don't know (you don't just make a tirade like that if you don't think like that).

This remind me of skectch Chris Rock did called Niggas vs. Black people on his CD.

He said...

Every time black people want to have a good time, ignorant ass niggas fuck it up. You can't do shit! Can't do shit without ignorant ass niggas fucking it up. Can't do nothing. Can't keep a disco open more than three weeks. Grand opening? Grand closing!

hahahah!

Here's some more stuff http://bennun.biz/interviews/chrisrock.html

Chris Rock is brilliant!

This saddens me. He'll never get booked on a comedy club ever again. I used to do stand-up (very badly :lol: ) whenever I get heckled my reply would be: "Hey pal, do I go to where you work & tell you how bad you are at making that happy meal?"

This saddens me. He'll never get booked on a comedy club ever again. I used to do stand-up (very badly :lol: ) whenever I get heckled my reply would be: "Hey pal, do I go to where you work & tell you how bad you are at making that happy meal?"
twophases i swear i've heard that line from someone!

But still funny though hahaha!

Last edited:
it must of took some bollocks to go on letterman and apologize like that but hes still a birk, I love seinfeld too, lets just hope this all gets forgoten soon

His apology does not mean anything though. It is obvious he is a racist, whatever he says.

Its one thing to have an odd slip of the tongue moment, but he spewed that shite for nearly 3 minutes. And for what a bit of heckling, his stand up routine must be very weak if he cant handle that.

Would him have telling the heckler to fuck off while calling him an asshole have made it any better? Just because he called the heckler a racist insult, doesn't make him any worse than other people who throw around other insults all the time.

Ooooooh, you can't say the N word, it's racist! Feel free to call him every other bad thing you can think of!

I don't know exactly what he called them, and I don't care. It was an insult, which I see people throw around to each other all the time on here, on other websites, and in real life.

Last edited:
Oh, and one more thing. Why is no one demanding that the dip shit (notice the insult?) heckler apologize to Richards for trying to publically embarrass him? What a wanker that guy is.

He was provoked, he lost his cool. And every one is acting like they've never insulted any one else in their lives. You're no better off, you're same in my book.

Even if he is a racist, so? As long as he doesn't hurt any one, then who gives a shit what his opinions on black people are?

Would him have telling the heckler to fuck off while calling him an asshole have made it any better? Just because he called the heckler a racist insult, doesn't make him any worse than other people who throw around other insults all the time.

I disagree completely!! Calling someone an asshole (or any other "schoolboy" cuss) may be seen as a lil tongue-in-cheek - but it's still wrong though. However, some things are just uncalled for (such as racist remark - or even a insult to a family member) - I mean, what relevance is it that the heckler was black?

The aim of any insult is to hurt the other person's feelings. I don't care about the content, it's the intent of the insult which is what matters.

Despite my previous post, I'm not normally much of a guy who insults others if I can help it. But I did it to make a point. I probably won't get much stick for saying the things I did, but if I said the things Richards did, then I'd probably get banned.

I'm sorry, but it annoys me. His insults had the same intent of which all insults do. You can't just pick and choose. Either all insults are ok, or none are.

Oh, and one more thing. Why is no one demanding that the dip shit (notice the insult?) heckler apologize to Richards for trying to publically embarrass him? What a wanker that guy is.

He was provoked, he lost his cool. And every one is acting like they've never insulted any one else in their lives. You're no better off, you're same in my book.

Even if he is a racist, so? As long as he doesn't hurt any one, then who gives a shit what his opinions on black people are?

Every comedian gets heckled, the good one's will play along and joke back at the heckler.

And yeah its ok if he is racist, if he keeps his moronic opinions to himself (which he did not). The "50 years ago" comment was deeply insulting, he is making light of the lynching of blacks in recent American history.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom