Microsoft Flight Simulator [PC/Xbox]

the more i see the more i want to fly... :D

should be an ever evolving game... i bet they add so many new stuff over the coming years! man... i thought i was done with open world... and now, they pull me back in! :...

what are you guys thinking, will the XSX run this game on the highest settings!?

Last edited:
what are you guys thinking, will the XSX run this game on the highest settings!?

Looking at some of the PC performance videos, the Series X will most likely be played at Medium settings @60FPS or HIGH @30FPS.

Even PC gamers are going to need a serious rig to play this game in Ultra, and looks most likely it will take another GPU generation to be able to hit 4K Ultra @60FPS.

Last edited:
No one really knows how powerful the GPU is at the moment in the Series X, they have given it TFLOPS information but not much else, what I read most people think it will be equivalent to an RTX 2070.
Looking at some of the videos in 4K, the Series X will most likely be played at Medium settings @60FPS.

Even PC gamers are going to need a serious rig to play this game in Ultra, and looks most likely it will take another GPU generation to be able to hit 4K Ultra @60FPS.
i'd be good with 1440p and 60fps i guess... native 4k aint that big a deal to my eyes compared to 2k or that checkerboarding stuff from ps4. i'd prefer the 60fps over the native 4k res any time. i have hopes on the MS "special sause", some optimization for the XSX that results in better performance on that machine.

i have this game marked down!

i'd be good with 1440p and 60fps i guess... native 4k aint that big a deal to my eyes compared to 2k or that checkerboarding stuff from ps4. i'd prefer the 60fps over the native 4k res any time. i have hopes on the MS "special sause", some optimization for the XSX that results in better performance on that machine.

i have this game marked down!

I am not sure if consoles will go down the 1440 route, will most likely be just HD or 4K.

Since I recently went from a 4K monitor to 1440, TBH graphically the difference between 4K and 1440 you can tell, but not massively, unlike HD to 4K where the difference is quite big.
1440 is considered the sweet spot amongst PC gamers as you get over double the frame rate compared to 4K, but don't lose much graphical quality.

I am not sure if consoles will go down the 1440 route, will most likely be just HD or 4K.

Since I recently went from a 4K monitor to 1440, TBH graphically the difference between 4K and 1440 you can tell, but not massively, unlike HD to 4K where the difference is quite big.
1440 is considered the sweet spot amongst PC gamers as you get over double the frame rate compared to 4K, but don't lose much graphical quality.
i'm with you here.
and what i said is just my personal preference.

yes, i read your latest comments (and @Chuny's) about the monitor testing of yours and such... interesting! fps over res (to a degree i guess)! :D

Last edited:
I purchased the game pass, as Microsoft are currently doing a special offer.
£1 for the first month and then £3.99 a month, instead of £7.99. So at £3.99 a month, I will just always subscribe.

a couple of questions:

-can i play this game with mouse or with an x-box controller?
-(i know it's a strange question)i'm not good with x-plane..quit after 10 min because i don't want to create route ..enter huge amount of detail etc.. can i just put AI on command and just see the flight?

thx

a couple of questions:

-(i know it's a strange question)i'm not good with x-plane..quit after 10 min because i don't want to create route ..enter huge amount of detail etc.. can i just put AI on command and just see the flight?

thx

The game ia coming to the xbox ao I imagine you can use the controller.
As for just autopiloting it I dont know but i imagine there is some way just to let it go for you at somepart of the flight or make the physics very arcady. Will have to wait till release to see the options

Purchased the Premium Deluxe version and this (coming out at the end of September) for my dad's 50th as he's a huge fan of the series. In other words, I've forced him to spend a couple grand to be able to play it :LOL:
41iQ7y3k5jL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Purchased the Premium Deluxe version and this (coming out at the end of September) for my dad's 50th as he's a huge fan of the series. In other words, I've forced him to spend a couple grand to be able to play it :LOL:
Class, you better pop to the fancy dress shop and get him a pilots outfit to look thr part
41iQ7y3k5jL._AC_SY400_.jpg

a couple of questions:

thx
That's a good question,I'm pretty sure it will be booth.
I'm playing Modern Warfare with keyboard and mouse on my X,and this being a game sprung from keyboard/mouse gaming I'm sure you can play it anyway you want

That's a good question,I'm pretty sure it will be booth.
I'm playing Modern Warfare with keyboard and mouse on my X,and this being a game sprung from keyboard/mouse gaming I'm sure you can play it anyway you want

I am not sure about Xbox Series X, but the PC version you can play with anything you like.
Mouse + Keyboard, Joystick, Xbox Controller...

One video I watched stated it played really well on the Xbox Controller, and the developer clearly put a lot of work into the different controls.

I am not sure about Xbox Series X, but the PC version you can play with anything you like.
Mouse + Keyboard, Joystick, Xbox Controller...

One video I watched stated it played really well on the Xbox Controller, and the developer clearly put a lot of work into the different controls.
Cool man,,I'm shit with the keyboard.
Could be a good solution incorporating both (keyboard for airplane meters/stuff).

a couple of questions:

thx
if anyone can prove it..specially about the 2° point..would be great..thx

Pre load was completely pointless..
Launch the game and it has to download an additional 100GB

I had a bunch of problems getting it to run it seems due to preload I had to uninstall (seems preload was only 1GB of isntallation). Been going back and forth trying to make it work... finally downloading update.

If anyone gets stuck in loading screen uninstall and run as admin. Worked for me

Installed without any issues for me.

So just loaded it up for a quick try.. Only one thing to say.. It is absolutely impossible to play on mouse and keyboard.

Instantly love this game. Looks awesome...and to have the whole planet to fly around in, with such amazing detail and beauty, just blows my mind.

I've never played a flight sim before and was expecting to have to spend hours wading through tedious technical documentation to work out how to fly a plane but it's surprising easy. I've only taken the first lesson, which covered basic in-flight controls, and was able to take-off and safely land a little propeller aeroplane (in a field) without even doing the subsequent lessons that covered this. So it's much more instantly accessible than I expected.

I can see me spending literally thousands of hours just chilling out with this, simply flying around all parts of the globe.

I haven't even checked what all you can do but am presuming there'll be some sort of multi-player online capability too....pretty sure I've seen youtube videos of this for the previous MS flight sim, with someone playing as air-traffic controller...so that could be fun.

Instantly love this game. Looks awesome...and to have the whole planet to fly around in, with such amazing detail and beauty, just blows my mind.

I've never played a flight sim before and was expecting to have to spend hours wading through tedious technical documentation to work out how to fly a plane but it's surprising easy. I've only taken the first lesson, which covered basic in-flight controls, and was able to take-off and safely land a little propeller aeroplane (in a field) without even doing the subsequent lessons that covered this. So it's much more instantly accessible than I expected.

I can see me spending literally thousands of hours just chilling out with this, simply flying around all parts of the globe.

I haven't even checked what all you can do but am presuming there'll be some sort of multi-player online capability too....pretty sure I've seen youtube videos of this for the previous MS flight sim, with someone playing as air-traffic controller...so that could be fun.

It's been ages since i played the previous version.. take a seat in front of my pc.. dim down the light. headset on.. and take a chill with dusk flight..

Sadly i have moved my pc next to my tv as entertainment "big monitor" in living room. Probably should manage the convenient room setting for this. Sit down in front of pc desk is the best though.

Are most of you guys using a Joystick? I had planned to use my DS4 as a controller but it doesn't play nice and with a keyboard its manageable BUT very inconvenient.... Might have to find a used xbox controller or just cheap joystick

I play in Medium settings and its quite nice (not as nice as the videos) but even the missus was impressed when I showed her our home

Back
Top Bottom