Microsoft Xbox One

I would have seriously thought about getting the PS4 but I've already got an Xbox live subscription, two of my mates that play FIFA bought the Xbox One and I prefer the controller on the Xbox. FIFA and Forza look great. I won't be playing it side by side with a PS4 or with a high end PC so I'm fine with my purchase. Just enjoying the gaming :)

p.s. what's the free golf game? is it kinect only?
Powerstar Golf. I've not tried it myself but supposed to be decent.

Anyone tried this months free games on Gold? Are they worth playing?

Cheers, Jay.

I've not really touched anything else except Forza Horizon 2, it's just that good. I'm not a massive racing fan but I do like them every now and then. But this just seems to take the best bits of racing games that I like and put them into one package.

Probably one of the best games I've played in the last few years.

managed to get

xbox one
COD (due out soon)
Alien Isolation Nostromo Edition x 2 (yes two of them)

for £319

I am selling the two Alien games, looking at £30 to £35 each

then that makes the deal a good one. for sons xmas

Maybe the honeymoon period but turned on my PS4 earlier and it just felt like a backwards step.

First of all it said I had a message, so I went to the message itself and read it. Exited out of the message app and it still said I hadn't read it as the loading circle was still spinning :/

Then tried loading my friends list to see what people are up to and it just felt so slow to load.

Next I loaded DriveClub to see how it felt after playing Forza 5 ... and couldn't get online. Started a race, hated the AI, turned the console off.

The problem I've got is that all of my games on the PS4 are digital so I can't even sell some to get on the Xbox One. Even the DualShock 4 felt a bit ... flimsy compared to the Xbox One controller.

As I say, it may be the honeymoon period and the "shiny, shiny" effect. I was all set to just use the Xbox One for exclusives and get multi-plat games on the PS4 but I'm expecting to change my mind.

Im in a dilly of a pickle.

Had an Xbox1 and sold it due to lack of gaming. Got itchy fingers a few weeks later and got a PS4 and am loving the new PES15 But..........I just prefer the feel of the Xbox1 and really want to get it back but then PES15 wont look as good due to only being 720 on the XB1.

Annoyed.

Im in a dilly of a pickle.

Had an Xbox1 and sold it due to lack of gaming. Got itchy fingers a few weeks later and got a PS4 and am loving the new PES15 But..........I just prefer the feel of the Xbox1 and really want to get it back but then PES15 wont look as good due to only being 720 on the XB1.

Annoyed.

Take both.

Last edited:
Take both:FAIL:

Why is it a fail? Some people might not have the means or space for two consoles.

Anyway, I've really gone off my PS4 since the DriveClub mess ... in fact PSN was playing up before that but DC pretty much cemented it.

Now when I turn the PS4 on, I just feel ... bored. And I've got a good few games on there as well but it just doesn't feel as good as the XBox One does. Maybe that'll change with the 2.0 OS firmware though.

Is it confirmed that PES will be 720p on the XBox? Seems an odd resolution given that other games are 900p or 1080p.

Here both consoles. No game for PS4, Xbox way better, but I keep the Sony thing until PES 15 is here for comparing both versions.
You are right, no fail.

Why is it a fail? Some people might not have the means or space for two consoles.

Anyway, I've really gone off my PS4 since the DriveClub mess ... in fact PSN was playing up before that but DC pretty much cemented it.

Now when I turn the PS4 on, I just feel ... bored. And I've got a good few games on there as well but it just doesn't feel as good as the XBox One does. Maybe that'll change with the 2.0 OS firmware though.

Is it confirmed that PES will be 720p on the XBox? Seems an odd resolution given that other games are 900p or 1080p.

So is it the lack of games or the console OS that makes you bored? I don't know about you but I spend maybe a minute tops in the OS, I'm generally straight into a game so it doesn't bother me at all - what do you expect to see in there? If it's the lack of choice in your game library I guess it's time you added something else?

Why has this thread turned anti-PS4? Xbox undoubtedly has the better exclusives at the moment but putting things into perspective the cross platform titles are really behind performance wise. I don't care pretty this console may be its going to struggle later on in the generation.

So is it the lack of games or the console OS that makes you bored? I don't know about you but I spend maybe a minute tops in the OS, I'm generally straight into a game so it doesn't bother me at all - what do you expect to see in there? If it's the lack of choice in your game library I guess it's time you added something else?

Why has this thread turned anti-PS4? Xbox undoubtedly has the better exclusives at the moment but putting things into perspective the cross platform titles are really behind performance wise. I don't care pretty this console may be its going to struggle later on in the generation.

It's not the lack of games, far from it. I've got far more games on the PS4 than the XBox.

But things like being able to snap achievements during play, the friends list and activity list are things I actively use while playing games.

I own the PS4 and don't own an Xbone...

But I do know a few people who have sold their PS4's and bought an Xbone due to how incredibly shit the PS4 OS is and the severe lack of features the console has..

The majority of people I know who have owned both consoles funnily 100% of them prefer the Xbone.

Also if you think the Xbone is going to struggle compared to PS4 later on in it's lifetime read up on DX12(obviously completely dependant on whether developers take advantage of this)

Last edited:
My white xbone has arrived :COOL:

FwJ0gPu.jpg

Well done Lami. The white actually looks better than I originally thought. That multi-coloured object sitting on the floor by the window, is that the Wii U?

Yep I'm very happy with how this bundle looks. Even though it's a monster but it feels much sturdier than the PS4.

Downside, I didn't know now we're forced to install games. What's worse is that they take too long. I stopped playing Sunset Overdrive because the kids around and thought I'll go ahead and try FH2. Put the disc in and was forced to install, but it won't and it's queued because Sunset is STILL installing. Sigh.

Are they fixing these install times at all?

Overall, I like how snappy the OS is. I switch off the console, back on and can continue where I left off playing.

EDIT: Must add the sticks are even better than 360's and the triggers are so well made!

Last edited:
Yep I'm very happy with how this bundle looks. Even though it's a monster but it feels much sturdier than the PS4.

Downside, I didn't know now we're forced to install games. What's worse is that they take too long. I stopped playing Sunset Overdrive because the kids around and thought I'll go ahead and try FH2. Put the disc in and was forced to install, but it won't and it's queued because Sunset is STILL installing. Sigh.

Are they fixing these install times at all?

Overall, I like how snappy the OS is. I switch off the console, back on and can continue where I left off playing.

EDIT: Must add the sticks are even better than 360's and the triggers are so well made!

Yeah they're looking at install times as a priority...I read that recently.

Coming from a 360, I love being able to exit a game to do something else and go right back into the game without having to exit out and restart. So handy and time saving!

So true.

Though I'm having a hard time trying to find games for gold in the Oz store.

On the One? You're right - they don't make it easy to find. I just go to games and then somehow stumble upon it lol. I will have to write it down as I do it so I can tell you.

Thanks man.

The 360 is still much simpler imo.

EDIT: Picked this up from JB yesterday, a stereo headset adapter to use with my Samsung S2 headphones.

Silly Microsoft including just a chat headset and adapter instead.

Last edited:
I need to get one of those to use my Playstation Gold headphones. £20 is ridiculous though.

Yep but what to do. They could've easily packed it with the xbone instead of the silly chat-only headset, or just a generic output like the DS4.

I have Sennheisers that I used to plug into the TV so I could crank up the sound late at night. Could I plug those into the adapter without having to have the extension cord run all the way to the tv?

Yep. I have my Galaxy S2 headphones plugged in. Any stereo headset should work. It also comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable if you need it.

Yep. I have my Galaxy S2 headphones plugged in. Any stereo headset should work. It also comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable if you need it.

Hrm I didn't know about this. Does the sound come through the TV still?? So in effect, you can convert normal headphones into "quasi" wireless headphones? I could use it for movies and games!

Back
Top Bottom