Microsoft Xbox One

Good job!

Continuing the Xbone Kinect discussion, apparently there's a free kinect fitness game that's really good:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...es-xbox-fitness-is-kinda-hidden-kinda-awesome

Xbox Fitness, friends, is kinda hidden. It’s below a few menus and not really advertised beyond the exploration pin that’s sitting on the dashboard right now. It’s in the middle of virtual nowhere, and only folks actively searching their system for things to do will likely find it.

Here’s the thing, though. Xbox Fitness is currently the most impressive thing I’ve seen from the Kinect…since…ever.

YouTube - Announcing Xbox Fitness

Read in one of the pre-launch reviews that a reviewer tested this, but he had a long standing (excuse the pun) condition with his right leg that made it work slightly less effective as the left.

Kinnect flagged this up in the exercise app and highlight the leg in red to show it wasnt at the same level as the left.

Something like that. He was really impressed anyways.

Yeah the Kinect fitness is very good. I've been doing Insanity for over a year now so it was interesting to see how this worked.

Impressed.

Oh I'll have a look for that after work. I wonder if it will tell me my left leg is fucked.

Edit: just pinned it with smartglass to download when I get in. We should be able to record it from that really.

Last edited:
My console makes a small noise when I play a game from a disk (no major noise when I play Fifa). It bothers me a little when I watch TV since I keep my volum low.
Should I worry and exchange it?

My console makes a small noise when I play a game from a disk (no major noise when I play Fifa). It bothers me a little when I watch TV since I keep my volum low.
Should I worry and exchange it?

If it's this then I'd take it back.

YouTube - Francis HATES Microtransactions and In App Purchases

And the serious version:

YouTube - On Microtransactions and In App Purchases

EDIT: Holy crap. Just saw this at NeoGAF, WOW!

I'm amused by the fact that Boogie cited Blizzard expansions as the predecessors to DLC when in fact the very first game expansion disks were, oddly enough, extra cars for a driving game.

Back in 1989.
A driving game that is near and dear to my heart.
Test Drive II: The Duel.
Which, I owned for the Commodore 64 and then subsequently repurchased for the Amiga.
I still remember purchasing the Supercars and Muscle Cars floppy disks from my local computer shop (which was called Neutron Computers).

$T2eC16V,!wsE9suw)ph9BQvMvhzWJ!~~60_35.JPG

How many cars did you get on this disk? 5
You got a Lambourghini Countach, a Corvette ZR1, a Porsche 911 RUF, a Lotus Turbo Esprit... and, my favorite, a Ferrari Testarossa.
And it retailed for about $25 or thereabouts.

628815915_tp.jpg

The fun twist is this.
Test Drive II: The Duel was developed by Distinctive Software and published by Accolade.
This studio was purchased a couple years later in 1991 by Electronic Arts and remolded into EA Canada.

And who conceived the first ever expansion disk for a driving game back in 1989? Distinctive Software's co-founder... who happens to be this guy...

Don-Mattrick-president-Interactive-Entertainment-Business-at-Microsoft-1904037.jpg

MIND BLOWN. There are no coincidences...

Last edited:
Got hands on with the Xbox controller a couple of days ago and I was very impressed. Feels a bit smaller and slightly heavier than the last one, which I like. D-pad is much better too. Also got to see the console itself and I like it. Looks classy.

Automatically saving video clips after certain accomplishments is annoying. My upload folder is packed with saves, punches and long shots on Fifa, none of which I wanted to record. Battlefield also saves clips when you rank up. Again, I just then have the chore of deleting them.

Knocking off the record feature works, but I like using the "record that" voice command when I actually do want to save something.

Automatically saving video clips after certain accomplishments is annoying. My upload folder is packed with saves, punches and long shots on Fifa, none of which I wanted to record. Battlefield also saves clips when you rank up. Again, I just then have the chore of deleting them.

Knocking off the record feature works, but I like using the "record that" voice command when I actually do want to save something.

They delete on there own.

http://kotaku.com/installing-xbox-o...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

"Installing Xbox One Games Takes Way Too Long"

How Long Your First Install Will Take On PS4 And Xbox One

Assassin's Creed IV:
Xbox One (offline, no update): 5 minutes 50 seconds
Xbox One (with update, fastest connection): 7 minutes 2 seconds
Xbox One (with update, 10Mbps connection): 10 minutes 32 seconds
PS4: 42 seconds

The rest of these were tested on our office Wi-Fi which is around 9-11Mbps. It may have been faster on a wired connection, but you can compare your own connection speed here. These are our results:

Need For Speed Rivals:
XBO: 09:25 (including update)
PS4: 00:32

Just Dance 2014:
XBO: 08:48 (including update)
PS4: 00:45

NBA Live 14:
XBO: 16:26 (including update)
PS4: 00:35

FIFA 14:
XBO: 16:06 (including update)
PS4: 00:34

Madden 25:
XBO: 9:38 (including update)
PS4: 00:38

Worth bearing in mind that this is not an XBox/PS forum. This is a PES (and in recent years FIFA) forum. As such, the XBox and PS threads are for XBox and PS discussion, one way or the other, and should not be deemed as blinkered havens for XBox and PS fans respectively.

Users posting their own negative opinions relentlessly is something that should be stopped (so no constant sniping from PS fans or whinging about how PCs are better from the undersexed and undersunned), but if there's a news story about the XBox One that paints the console in a bad light, then the XBox One thread is exactly where it and discussion of it belongs. The same goes for any console, game, TV show, whatever. The point of each of these threads is not to solely post positive news/views and censor anything else. This isn't North Korea.

Last edited:
Worth bearing in mind that this is not an XBox/PS forum. This is a PES (and in recent years FIFA) forum. As such, the XBox and PS threads are for XBox and PS discussion, one way or the other, and should not be deemed as blinkered havens for XBox and PS fans respectively.

Users posting their own negative opinions relentlessly is something that should be stopped (so no constant sniping from PS fans or whinging about how PCs are better from the undersexed and undersunned), but if there's a news story about the XBox One that paints the console in a bad light, then the XBox One thread is exactly where it and discussion of it belongs. The same goes for any console, game, TV show, whatever. The point of each of these threads is not to solely post positive news/views and censor anything else. This isn't North Korea.

Agree! I vote for romagnoli as the new xbomb thread mod. You're fired Scutch!

Back
Top Bottom