Microsoft Xbox One

I forgot just how great Titanfall is until today. Picked it up while it's on sale with all the dlc and pass content for £10.

Picked up power star golf, I've been holding off on the off chance it went on sale but its not part of the current sale so stuff it.

It's pretty good though. Very like everybody's golf.

I've recently been playing on my Xbox One properly (since I've bought it when it came out) and I have to say that I'm loving it....

Titanfall is prob my favourite game so far, great total carnage in all game modes, loving the Frontier Defence mode (loads of XP) love grabbing a machine gun and just going all hell on the grunts and spectres.

Forza Horizon 2 is probably my best driving game ever (informally won't go for driving games) but since my brother told me how good it is, I went out and bought it and I have to say it's amazingly good. Graphics is really nice, love the photo mode, I can spend ages in there just taking pictures. The gameplay is awsome, esp with the human A.I technology they have put into this game.... Makes you want to beat your friends and family when they pop up in your race or a rival match.

Power Star Golf is actually quite addictive, esp if you like Everybody's golf, it isn't the same but plays very similar. The character have their own specials for instance the magician can use his special to split a flying ball into 5 and the ball closest to the hole becomes where you take your next shot from. You get credits to buy packs, in which it gives you a couple of items that could be useful or not depending on what's items you have already.

I have other games but these are my favourite games so far....

NBA Live 15 is free now on EA Access.

Always enjoyed b ball back in the day but have never enough to buy any of them once next gen hit so definitely gonna grab this.

Any Brazilian's want to give me their social security number so I can buy credit from the Brazilian Xbox store? :D

Sony have blocked that now, can't play The Order anymore.

Game sharing?

It still works for me in ps4.
I've not tried it on Xbox though as I'm thinking it'll lock out my sub accounts from accessing my dlc ? Anyone know if that's that case?

Some really sick stuff at the Xbox Press Conference I have to admit. Backwards compatibility, the new controller and Hololens.

Nabbed this from elsewhere. It's the XBox summary: Very good read indeed if you missed the show.

First off Microsoft came out swinging with Halo 5. We saw a live demo of them playing the game on stage and it looked gorgeous! 2 teams of 4; one led by Master Chief and the other led by Spartan Locke. Playing as the Chief or Locke you can command your team to do things. The game also features a 'drop in/out' co-op system.
They said it will ship with 20 multi-player maps and future DLC will be free.
They also showed off a new multiplayer mode called 'WarZone', which kind of reminded me of Firefight.
Overall a solid showing for Halo and I am so excited for this! I am a huge fan of Halo and this looks brilliant!
Halo 5 Campaign Demo here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwjwJ9Z_XYs
WarZone Trailer here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=av-N5smXFpw

Next up was a game called Recore. Made by the folks who bought you Metroid Prime! Game looks interesting!

After that was a huge announcement: Phil Spencer on stage boasted that the Xbox One will be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games! This caused the crowd to go wild and made me scream like a little girl! 100 games supported at first, and then hundreds added later. No charge to play games you already own on the 360! Absolutely Brilliant news! The 360 games also run natively on the Xbox One and developers do not need to do ANY work to bring their 360 games to the Xbox One – all they have to do is say YES.

Next up: Fallout 4! I know a lot of people are extremely excited about this one! The game looks stunning. There was a gameplay demo which ran very smooth and played well. Big announcement with this one too – Fallout 4 will come with Fallout 3 included AND WILL SUPPORT PC MODS! Mods from the PC version can be used on the Xbox One and also shared on the Xbox One! For those in the know, the modding scene is massive and bringing this to the Xbox One is huge news! Very impressed and excited about this!

EA Access: EA took to the stage and talked all things EA Access. Titanfall is joining the Free to Play EA Vault next week, followed by Dragonage Inquisition later this year! This really is a bargain of a service! If you don’t already have it, get it, it’s great! EA Access is also going to be FREE for 1 week – download and play any of the games for a week (Xbox Live GOLD only).

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2: This is a popular game for some people, looks similar to the first Garden Warfare game and still fun. Coming next Spring.

Forza 6: It wouldn’t be E3 without Forza – Turn 10 are back with their latest instalment ‘Forza 6’. As usual, the game looks beautiful! The stage even had the new Ford GT lowered on to it. If you’re in to racing games, you have to see this! Game releases September 15th 2015! Gameplay Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBbXxfZYTAA

DarkSouls 3: I’ll be honest, I am not very familiar with Dark Souls! (Yes, shoot me!) – however I am interested after seeing the trailer! Trailer here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpm4Q-EL_mA

The Division: Ubisoft once again teased us with ‘The Division’, I’ve been excited about this game for a while now! As usual, it looks amazing and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Exclusive BETA for Xbox One coming in December!
Multiplayer Reveal: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp34RxlfGQg

Rainbox Six: Siege: Once again from Ubisoft, game looks very interesting and good looking! Also announced with Siege: Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2 come bundled with Siege for FREE!

Gigantic: New game for Xbox One and Windows. Don’t know too much about this one!

Then they showed a montage of tonnes of indy titles coming to the Xbox One – including a new Goat Game! They also said that the have over 1000 developers working on indy titles!

ID@Xbox: New games include ‘Tecoma’ (first on Xbox One and Windows), ‘Ashen’ (Xbox One Exclusive), ‘Beyond Eyes’ (first on Xbox One and Windows) and ‘Cuphead’ (Xbox One Exclusive).

Cuphead looked like a lot of fun from what I saw and has a unique style! Very cool looking game!

Xbox Game Preview: It’s like ‘Early Access’ on Steam. Developers can make titles available early as Free to Play, then after a trial period you can ‘purchase the game early’ and ‘have an impact on its development’. Games include:DayZ and Ion.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: Coming November 10th this year, Rise of the Tomb Raider looks magnificent! If you’ve played Tomb Raider on the Xbox 360/One/PC etc, you’ll know that this is one to get! Looks like it plays like the original and looks spectacular! We were shown a live demo on stage and it looks epic! Exclusive to Xbox One (most likely a Holiday 2015 exclusive by the looks of it). Gameplay Here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGFfeNjxnb0

RARE Replay: For all those ‘RARE’ fans out there, this is big news! This collection called ‘RARE Replay’ includes 30 (yes, THIRTY) RARE games and a gamescore of 10,000! Games in the collection include RC Pro-Am, Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie! ALL FOR $30! That’s a huge bargain for 30 games! Trailer here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaieVt3M72c

RARE then showed off a new IP called ‘Sea of Thieves’ – looks like a game where you are a pirate on the open seas and battle other pirates! (Xbox Exclusive)

Fable Legends: We already knew about this one, its coming to Xbox One and Windows, has cross play and is also Free to Play!

They then announced that Xbox has teamed up with VALVE VR – they did not elaborate on this but by the sounds of it, it could be big! They also talked about how Xbox has teamed up with Oculus; every Oculus Rift comes with an Xbox One controller. The Xbox One can also stream games to the Oculus Rift! Looks like the Xbox One has 2 VR options now! Brilliant news!

Hololens: Ok, firstly I just want to say that I am EXTREMELY excited about Hololens. I have been since I first laid my eyes on it. I think the whole world wants to try this out. It looks insane! They showed a live demo on stage playing anew version of Minecraft! It started out with a dude playing Minecraft on a virtual screen with his lady friend on stage joining his game via her Surface tablet. He then looked at a table on stage and said “Create World”. Just like that, a digital holographic world was built! The amazing thing was, the lady playing via her Surface tablet was running around this world in real time! He could see her character on the table! It was fascinating to watch! He could even manipulate the world whilst she was playing in it. Very very very cool indeed and is looking to be a game changer sometime in the near future! This technology looks outstanding! The crowd went crazy after this demo! Watch it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgakdcEzVwg

New Xbox One ELITE Controller: We all knew a new controller was coming, but we just thought it had an added 3.5mm audio jack and ‘improved bumpers’. How wrong were we? This ‘NEW ELITE CONTROLLER’ is a work of art! It has changeable sticks, a new changeable D-pad, SCUF buttons on the back, remappable buttons and a whole host of other features. There is only one way to describe this controller: “BAD ASS!” – this thing looks amazing! See more here: www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783211/microsoft-xbox-one-elite-wireless-controller-announced-e3-2015
Elite Controller Trailer Here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJAix3h-1DM

GEARS of WAR: Ultimate Edition: Coming this August, Gears of War Ultimate Edition is a remaster of the original Gears of War. Boasting 1080p graphics at 60fps! The Multiplayer Beta is available on Xbox Live… NOW!! So damn epic!

GEARS of WAR 4: Here we have it! Finally. We got to see Gears 4… and it was totally worth the wait! The live demo on stage was insanely great! Honestly, I am mega excited for this! It had the ‘Gears of War’ feel to it! The style, the chainsaw, the blood and bullet trails, everything was spot on! This game is going to be huge! If you were a fan of Gears, then this is a dream come true! Holy god I can’t wait! (Releasing Holiday 2016) Gameplay here:www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bro5YugsPDg

After all this, the show was coming to a close. They mentioned other games like ‘Crackdown’ and ‘Quantum Break’. They also said that a brand new Xbox One user interface is on the way!

Overall, this was most certainly one of the best E3 showings I have seen in years! Microsoft really did come out swinging and didn’t seem to be relentless! This was an obvious attempt at showing the world what they are made of; and in my opinion, they made their point! This was, in a word, outstanding!

I'm a total Sony Fan-Man but I feel that Microsoft absolutely had a better show this year. Maybe because I don't have any nostalgia towards FF7 or Shenmue.

I'm a total Sony Fan-Man but I feel that Microsoft absolutely had a better show this year. Maybe because I don't have any nostalgia towards FF7 or Shenmue.
Ditto. I was surprised so many critics have been saying that Sony "blew Microsoft's show out of the water" (literally every gaming website I know). I'm a big PS4 convert, buy most games on PS4, I think it's the better console, but... It seemed like a load of remakes and some not-very-interesting games to me (with the exception of No Man's Sky).

The backwards compatibility feature is great and a big "fuck you" to Sony and their PS Now service (which I hate - you want us to pay a subscription fee to play games we've already played, with no improvement, via a stream, with controller lag, when we have the original games at home just sitting there, and you think this is a great deal?). But as good as the backwards compatibility is, it's yet more blast-from-the-past. If old games are that important to you, you don't sell your 360/PS3 and life goes on.

The current gaming climate seems to be all about games from the 90s, or indie games, with no real in-between (except the likes of The Witcher 3, which is phenomenal, and what I want to see more of in terms of production value and content).

My favourite bits of E3 so far have been the Fallout 4 announcement, the Forza vids, the FIFA news (defending is fixed, let the good times roll) and the Hololens stuff.

Last edited:
I think xbox had the better conference in terms of 'this is our console, these are the games you will be able to play THIS YEAR and here's the future'.

Whereas Sony went for the 'playstation is becoming the home for the big games' by getting the cod dlc, destiny content and basically doing what xbox did during the 360 years. Getting exclusive dlc and hyping it like its a big deal.
FF7 had me super excited. But they'll probably fuck it up with modern tweaks and active battle mechanics. All the shit that ruins the new ones.

Shenmue I'm not that interested in, but its cool they're doing it. The same with last guardian.

I think Sony 'won' because they seemingly pulled off 3 big announcements. And people aren't looking past that.

I personally think the Xbone had the best E3 I think the features it showed off means they were looking to improve the Xbox Experience... Sony showed off games that won't be available until my daughter is retired.

The Hololens looks pretty cool, and backwards compatibility and being able to stream the Xbox to any device running Windows 10 were both really good ideas.. Microsoft are really thinking about improving the experience for the people who use the system, who wouldn't want to sit on their Windows laptop/tablet on bed and just play a game.

I'll send you (and anyone else who asks) one when I get hone from work. I'm in till 4ish.

It takes 24-48 hours (so I'm told) for xbox to confirm my invite at which point you'll get a pm from xbox asking you to download the preview app. Its linked in the message.

Then you need to register your device. Then wait for the update to come. Mine came around 12 hours after I registered, other it was 24 hours or more.

And that's it.

I'll send you (and anyone else who asks) one when I get hone from work. I'm in till 4ish.

It takes 24-48 hours (so I'm told) for xbox to confirm my invite at which point you'll get a pm from xbox asking you to download the preview app. Its linked in the message.

Then you need to register your device. Then wait for the update to come. Mine came around 12 hours after I registered, other it was 24 hours or more.

And that's it.

Thanks a ton Rad.

< my GT :)

Back
Top Bottom