Microsoft Xbox

I've just realised that if I get either console (I'm getting an Xbox, hence why I'm posting it here), not only do I need a new sound system (because the new consoles have no optical ports on them)

Jesus Christ, why!!! Was there something wrong with Optical? Because HDMI has been a bit wonky from the beginning. Bloody Hell, Microsoft and Sony. To the corner with the both of you, stand there and be ashamed.

They really could have thought of far better names. XBOX was great, and then Xbox 360 was just fine.

They could have gone with something snappy/interesting after that. Xbox One was just an awful name and confusing.

thats a good idea.

series x preordered. game pass secured until december 22. all set for november! can't wait!
and german retailer otto actually offers the possibility to receive your console on the 6th of november if you pre-register on a specific site. cool idea. glad i got my pre-order through there.

I know you can play many or maybe even most 360 games on the Xbox One, are they available for purchase digitally or do you need the disks?

I know you can play many or maybe even most 360 games on the Xbox One, are they available for purchase digitally or do you need the disks?
The backwards-compatible games are available digitally. In-fact, that's how they all play - when you insert a supported Xbox or Xbox 360 disc, it doesn't run off the disc - it just lets you download the download package (free) and play the game (free), for as long as the disc is inserted. That's so that you get any available updated textures and/or changes to how the emulator code runs (they all run through an emulation process).

But not all games are backwards-compatible, largely for licensing reasons. I miss playing Rock Band Blitz, for instance (but the licensing for the songs ran out years ago). I can only run that game through an original Xbox 360.

Amazon New Cloud Gaming Plataform

Don't know if this is too much related to Xbox, but given it will be a competitor de Xcloud I guess its sort of on topic.
Amazon will offer a gaming services very similar to Stadia.... Hopefully it doesnt suffer from low game count or lack of AAA as stadia which is whats holding it back... well one of the reasons..

Football Manager 21 is coming to Xbox, no details are available.
Might be the perfect version, as could be cut down just enough from the PC version to be amazing.

Football Manager 21 is coming to Xbox, no details are available.
Might be the perfect version, as could be cut down just enough from the PC version to be amazing.
when I played it years ago, I always used keyboard and mouse. I just can’t see myself sitting in front of the TV and playing the game with a controller. This one is an „sitting in an office chair in an actual office„ kind of video game, to me. Sounds weird, I know. ;)

Last edited:
when I played it years ago, I always used keyboard and mouse. I just can’t see myself sitting in front of the TV and playing the game with a controller. This one is an „sitting in an office chair in an actual office„ kind of video game, to me. Sounds weird, I know. ;)

The one released on Xbox years ago, wasn't that bad TBH.
But I am pretty certain this will allow mouse and keyboard.

I personally think they will be able to get the perfect balance between the hardcore PC version and the Touch version for console.
Like SI always do the 1st implementation might not be great but FM 22, will be very good on console.
I just hope you can add the graphics, as FM out the box really doesn't feel right.

Ah, well after thinking about it, I think I might cancel my XSS pre-order....
I think its going to be a great console at that price point but right now there is nothing really pushing me to next gen (gonna focus on upgrading PC later on)....

I was looking forward to fast loading times (wonder how much faster its going to be vs an SSD. Console is def more "practical").

I kinda wanted a new gadget, but thanks to MS strategy I already have access to a bunch of games on my GPassUltimate on the PC (have installed a total of 2).

I might revisit getting the console later, but for now I'm just leaning toward cancelling it.... Just not gaming like I was before...

I would say that the Next Gen games, have probably not been fully optimised.
Are there any next gen games out yet though (for either console)?
Pretty nice that this gen will have faster loading screens.... no more loading and making a sandwich

No but even games for the next 6-12 months are just going to be current gen games with better visuals.
I would assume that games being updated like RDR2 have not been optimised for the Series X yet.

Lets wait for the only true NG game Flight Sim to be released on Series X and see how it performs.

I would say that the Next Gen games, have probably not been fully optimised.

No but even games for the next 6-12 months are just going to be current gen games with better visuals.
I would assume that games being updated like RDR2 have not been optimised for the Series X yet.

Lets wait for the only true NG game Flight Sim to be released on Series X and see how it performs.

I know, just seemed like a weird twitter complaint for not talking about next gen games that haven't launched on a hands-on about a console that hasn't launched.
And yes, I think it'll take some time to see the real grunt of these new consoles...

Back
Top Bottom