Microsoft Xbox

Yes Me too, I played FH3 but so far enjoying FH4 as well. looks amazing. Quick question for you. quick resume does not work there correct? Does it work with Gears? So far I just saw quick resume for a few games, but most of the games I got from EA play dont seem to use it.... I thought it would be all games

I have read Quick Resume is hit and miss. Personally speaking there is times it works and other times it doesn't for me.

I think because the loading times are that quick it hasn't bugged me as much as I thought, but it's a feature they waxed lyrical over so it needs fixing.

I have read Quick Resume is hit and miss. Personally speaking there is times it works and other times it doesn't for me.

I think because the loading times are that quick it hasn't bugged me as much as I thought, but it's a feature they waxed lyrical over so it needs fixing.

Same here. After restarting the console its now working. It does not work with FIFA 18 (havent tried any other newer FIFA). Dont know if its because its in my external HDD but I believe that shouldn't make a difference. But so far FH4, Madden, Gears Tactics and BF1 seem to be working properly. Ill move BF1 to the HDD and try. But yeah, it needs some ironing out.
Like you said, from menu to racing FH4 is crazy fast on cold boot so its not as annoying... FH3 on my PC with a SSD takes a while to load

EDIT:

In case someone wants to play God of War or Mario 64 in an Xbox. Would be crazy if PS2 games make it to the emulator in the future

Last edited:
MLB the show is a great game. Really hope they bring it to PC at some point, as the mods will simply be amazing!

My daughters birthday is in a month and she would like an XBox Series S (£250 one) but I cant seem to find any for love nor money.
Any ideas when stock will be due? Thanks

Also is there much difference between the Xbox One S and the Series S other than one has discs and the other doesnt? Thank you.

The Xbox X has support for 8K resolution when the TV's become available, however no game will have 8K resolution.
BF5 on PC they got running in 8K @60FPS, but they used 2x Nvidia 2080Ti's which are over £1000 each.
Tomb Raider only got to 50FPS, with minimum frames at 22.
So if two GPU's which are above what is in next gen can't do it, the Xbox Series X would be lucky to hit 20FPS in 8K.

As you stated the thing I want most is improved AI - It was on the massive improvement about a decade ago, but AI did not improve at all in the last gen and certainly needs to get better.
However for at the least the next 12-18 months we will have nothing but enhanced games for the next gen.
evitably make that ru
Online gaming killed AI improvements , certainly for sport games

My daughters birthday is in a month and she would like an XBox Series S (£250 one) but I cant seem to find any for love nor money.

Also is there much difference between the Xbox One S and the Series S other than one has discs and the other doesnt? Thank you.

comparison from xbox.com

There is quite a difference, although from this list it seems to mostly be resolution, and a smaller SSD. Load times must be slower as well, although probably not by much.

I think if you play last gen games, the Series S will play the Xbox One S version (unless its optimized, like Forza 4/Ori/Gears 5/etc). With new games for next gen coming out, Series S games should play better than the One S... I guess its more future proof. If you do get the Series S, SSD is very small ( I think its just 380GB available to use), I recommend you attach an old hard drive via USB to store games. I run my last gen games from a 1TB HDD.

I think if you play last gen games, the Series S will play the Xbox One S version (unless its optimized, like Forza 4/Ori/Gears 5/etc). With new games for next gen coming out, Series S games should play better than the One S... I guess its more future proof. If you do get the Series S, SSD is very small ( I think its just 380GB available to use), I recommend you attach an old hard drive via USB to store games. I run my last gen games from a 1TB HDD.
Thanks. Cant find them online anywhere. Any idea when they come back into stock?

Thanks. Cant find them online anywhere. Any idea when they come back into stock?

There is currently a massive worldwide shortage at the moment for silicon, especially from AMD - Too many new products hitting the market at once.
I know for the PS5 there are Discord groups, so expect there to be something similar for Xbox.

It may be a case of writing an IOU for an Xbox S for her birthday, as there should be some more stock before Easter - The last UK drop for Xbox systems was Mid December.
But your doing the right thing, definitely get a Series S over an S.

I'm in the US, and its jumps in and out of stock quite a bit, it seems to be not so scarce as the PS5 or XSX. Log into the Microsoft website and it has available retailers (a few weeks ago Microsoft had it, today BestBuy has it available). Again this is in the US but Im guessing you are in the UK so see if the MS website is the same...

Good news for sports fans if you have Gamepass Ultimate. Lineup for March:
FM21 better on PC, correct? gonna give it a go.

Xbox-Game-Pass-March-2021.jpg

Good news for sports fans if you have Gamepass Ultimate. Lineup for March:
FM21 better on PC, correct? gonna give it a go.
The full experience is available on PC, and thankfully, you can still mod Game Pass games (it's just that the install folder is in a different place).

Mods mean you can fix the unlicensed teams, add real media outlet names and more.

The full experience is available on PC, and thankfully, you can still mod Game Pass games (it's just that the install folder is in a different place).

Mods mean you can fix the unlicensed teams, add real media outlet names and more.

Ah thanks I was actually looking back at the FM thread which I asked about modding with gamepass, but you have just answered that.
I know gamepass games get installed in some protected folder with a weird name, but maybe the mods go in a documents folder or something like that.
Ill try this again.. I had fun in 20 but tbh I had no clue what I was doing... beat barcelona tho.... but lost to wolves...

Ah thanks I was actually looking back at the FM thread which I asked about modding with gamepass, but you have just answered that.
I know gamepass games get installed in some protected folder with a weird name, but maybe the mods go in a documents folder or something like that.
Ill try this again.. I had fun in 20 but tbh I had no clue what I was doing... beat barcelona tho.... but lost to wolves...
This Reddit thread should give you an idea of where the folder goes - some mods (like player faces) go into your Documents folder, but some (chiefly the licensing fixes so you get Juventus instead of "Zebre" and many more) have to go into the above folder.

The Xbox version is a slimmed-down version without as many interactions with staff to worry about, and there's an "instant result" button so you can power through whole seasons much more quickly (but where's the fun in that)...

Anyway, there's a Football Manager thread so I'll leave it there!

Installing FM and 2k21 as we speak.
Bought NHL 21 a month a go (shit game) and might have a look at Madden (though hard core football fans always slags that game)

Installing FM and 2k21 as we speak.
Bought NHL 21 a month a go (shit game) and might have a look at Madden (though hard core football fans always slags that game)

Let me know what you think about 2k21. Im debating getting it as I really cant get into BB games but for a few games here and there might be good. Installing FM now @Chris Davies (don't know if I missed it but could not find the reddit thread you were posting? Maybe i missed it gonna look again to get the mods working... )
Will skip NHL but I enjoy Madden, I'm not a hardcore player (I play in the second-third difficulty, its good for exhibitions but dont know if Id do an entire season..

Back
Top Bottom