Middlesbrough FC - Throw Down The Anchor!

Quedrue, I thought, was great today. His run for the first goal was excellent.

I think even the most passionate Middlesbrough fan would have enjoyed the game for how it was played. One of the best games I've ever seen.

STR said:
Quedrue, I thought, was great today. His run for the first goal was excellent.

I think even the most passionate Middlesbrough fan would have enjoyed the game for how it was played. One of the best games I've ever seen.

Summed up nicely there. Despite losing i throughly enjoyed the game and i usually dont take defeats too well ;)
But brilliant stuff really the boro game ive seen in awhile. By best i dont mean the result i mean the quality of the game (since the Cup final was the BEST boro game ive seen in the sense of the result).

As for the performance i dont know where to start. We passed shoddily in the 1st half, Cooper was unlucky against Henry his old legs just couldnt keep the ball out. Then we started to play and a BRILLIANT goal from Job. Funtime Franky was amazing a great run and some good stuff. Second half we played some great attacking football, passing was 200% better and it showed having Jimmy up front. Defensively we were pretty bad, but missing 'Gate and Ugo against Arsenal i wasnt expecting much.

Play like that the rest of the season and we'll finish top 6. Good game Arsenal enjoyed it and cant wait to put one over you at the Riverside later on ;) :)

COMON BORO!

Well played chaps, you have given us the biggest fright of our run and on another day may well have turned us over. You are definately heading in the right direction and a top 6 finish is not out of the question if you continue to play like that!! Ugo and Gareth are due back too so things are looking good.

Still wish Parlour was a gooner though, you have got a steal getting him on a free.

I couldn`t recognise boro after jobs goal! We we`re lucky in the first half, could have been 3,4-0, but in the second half we were a bit unlucky i guess. But by all means, it was a fair result of a thrilling game, reyes impressed me alot in the the first half. He`s really grown into his (right)shirt as it seemed like he played for us when we knocked out arsenal in the cup last season (nice own goal).. Quedrue was boros MOTM in my eyes, with an always hard-working boateng close to him. It`ll be hard to top this one!

Got to say Boro look to have a great team now, i predicted top 8 and it looks a good shout

If they can keep everyone fit they could beat anyone on there day (apart from Arsenal :P)

To anyone in the US who wants to see this amazing game: FSW is showing the whole game on Tuesday night. Check your listings for the time, but it should be at 11pm Eastern.

GReat game. All 3 Boro goals were sick sick sick!!

So the excitement of Sunday behind us we look forward to Fulham and our defence is in the balance:-

Southgate - Doubts whether he'll be back rated at 50/50
Ehiogu - Again doubts whether he'll make it, rated less than 'Gate
Riggott - FIT
Cooper - No injuries but only played a very small part in pre-season so could be dead after 90mins vs Arsenal
Davies - Broken Leg

Parnaby - Getting back to full fitness
Reizieger - Having treatment on shoulder. Looking dodgy
Queudrue - Recovering from groin injury hopefully no reaction after sunday

So we could have everyone bar Davies back, OR we could have a load of youth players in. Scary stuff. On the upside - Viduka and Jimmy upfront. BRING IT ON :D

Brilliant result today! Away to a midtable team is usually the sort of game we lose but we played our game well. Brilliant ATTACKING football, spraying the ball around well and we looked comfortable. The wings looked nice, Zenden and Funtime looked strong while Parnaby had a great game - Mendi was off colour somewhat. Upfront Jimmy and The Duke seem to be hitting it off well so all in all you cant complain.
Loads of chances, brilliant crosses, brilliant passes, solid committed defending and a clean sheet. Oh and the jawdees couldnt beat norwich.

51218718.jpg

EIO EIO EIO EIO! :D

Middlesborough fans please ask your club to make the names on numbers and the back of the shirts white please its driving me mad

i can't see any bloody players names on secondly it just looks silly every other team with read shirts have white numbers its common sense please make my feelings known ;)

Lol nah its a call back to the 1970's, as is the white hoop on the shirt. We're going retro for our first season in europe and remembering our past.

Speaking of the shirt hopefully ill have my hands on one on friday.

Those red shirts are fuckin' tight. Might have to add one to the collection.

I like the black lettering, too.

Where is this Quedrue guy from originally.

Boro, can you post the lineup/positions here for the last game. Thanks.PEACE

Queudrue = French = Best kept secret in the prem ;)
He's brilliant yet nobody knows him.

As for the starting line up vs fulham you wanted ghazi...
-------------------------Schwarzer--------------------------
Parnaby---------Riggot------Southgate------Queudrue
---------------------------------------------------------------
Mendieta---------Parlour-----Boateng----------Zenden
---------------------------------------------------------------
------------------Hasselbaink-----Viduka----------------

Uefa cup draw tommorrow :D

JeJe said:
Fantastic score! Didn`t see that coming.. Did u get to see the game boro? Was the Duke decent? MoTM?

I didnt see it, i listened to it on the radio and saw the 50min highlights on tv. The Duke was pretty good just lacking abit of match fitness but him and jimmy look like they'll have a good understanding after a few games. Man of the match? From what i saw Zenden :thumbup:

MIDDLESBROUGH 2 - 1 C(h)RYSTAL PALACE

Good result today. Needed to grind it out as we werent very impressive. Palace played well, they broke us up and worked hard giving us very little space.
From a boro perspective we didnt pass well, and lacked width and shape at times. Up front Jimmy was emense as usual even without service. Nil each at half time and crying out for Mendi to be taken off - he is still off colour and was utterly rubbish today. 2nd half and we give away a stupid penalty - i think it was Riggott. Then Nemeth and Downing came on for Mendi and Zenden. Inspired stuff! They both starting tearing them up on the wings and we looked likely to score. Brilliant mistakes from their dodgy keeper (i want to sign him and sit him in the reserves just for novelty value) and it was a matter of if we score one we'll score more. Then the O.G came. Excellant ball in from Boro lad Stuie Downing and Popovic scored with the flair you'd expect from Emerson, turning to backheal it in. Then came Jimmy's freekick. What a strike. From their we took our feet off the pedals for abit and strolled home with a few more efforts. Good result - the old boro would have typically lost that. Up to 4th tonight as well cant ask for much more.
MotM:- Parlour - ran and ran.

51231049.jpg

Did look as a typical 0-1 loss for boro, and i was kinda surprised when the lads managed the turnaround. I can`t remember the last time we turned a 0-1 score around, when the opposition scored in the 2nd half. Boro: Did southgate pull of 90 solid minutes? Let`s hope we get our super duo (ugo-`gate) back together soon. It`s only i matter of time before Downing is in the starting line-up..

Yeah Southgate managed the full game, and it was clear we've missed him as it was vs Fulham. Not only his crunching tackles but just the way he organises everyone around him. Parnaby was constantly giving their left bak too much room to get the ball in, but 'Gate showed him how it was done sprinting over and putting him up in the air and coming away with the ball. Ugo was on the bench so he'll be back for the Brum game in 2weeks.

Ive got a sneaking feeling Downing will start vs Brum as well, i think Mendi needs to be dropped to show him if his performances dont pick up he's not gonna get in the team.

Noted said:
Why do Boro have black numbers and lettering, Boro?

Because we had blak numbering in the 1970's, and this seasons kit is a flash back to that era - one of our most famous eras. The white band across the chest and black lettering were both used bak then.

MIDDLESBROUGH FC 2 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY

3 wins on the bounce and we're up to 4th (joint 3rd if we want to be picky) - and we're loving every minute of it. It seems is the magic number, 3 wins, 3rd *cough*, 3 goals from jimmy, 3 goals from The Duke. Granted we havent hit form yet either, we showed flashes of brilliance today but let them back into the game in the 2nd half with the help of the ref (worst ever? possibly im suprised they didnt get a penna the way he was going). But hey we'll be devestating when the form comes.
Nemeth in for the injured Mendi - good choice - he played a cracking game and deserves to start on thursday. A right midfielder who runs at players, gets down the line and cuts inside, but we'll let him off as Parnaby is getting forward on the overlap well enough. Zenden started to find his feet again today but failed to make enough runs for jimmy. Meanwhile Jimmy and Mark look fantastic together and can only get better. Defensively we looked slow and sluggish and 'Gate didnt look himself today.
Anyhow role on thursday and our first EVER game in europe. Banik Ostrava. COMON BORO!

51288834.jpg

I`ve honestly never seen Netmeth play "crushing" game.. Maybe he`s a winger! He do have the skills of an winger more than a forward in my eyes. Is Downing injured?

JeJe said:
I`ve honestly never seen Netmeth play "crushing" game.. Maybe he`s a winger! He do have the skills of an winger more than a forward in my eyes. Is Downing injured?

Nope benched - wasnt needed zenden played well - although i fully expect him to play some part on thursday :D

Had to laugh at big Marko Viduka kissing the badge after his first goal last night, he does it everywhere he goes - then he goes :mrgreen: .

BoroUEFA1.gif
MIDDLESBROUGH FC v FC BANIK OSTRAVA

Finally the night has arrived, our first European match. Its live on Channel 5 tonight 8pm K.O for anyone remotely interested. JeJe will you be able to watch it over there?​

MIDDLESBROUGH FC 3 v 0 BANIK OSTRAVA

We have officially arrived in Europe\\:D/

230641_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg

ERIMUS

Boro said:
Because we had blak numbering in the 1970's, and this seasons kit is a flash back to that era - one of our most famous eras. The white band across the chest and black lettering were both used bak then.

Those are the baddest shirts in the EPL. . . :applause:

i think they suck, and its the sponsor part that i think sucks, it looks weird, i like boro's last year, i think fulham have the best in the prem

Back
Top Bottom