Middlesbrough FC - Throw Down The Anchor!

Were goin to cardiff!!!!!!!!
woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
bring on bolton!!!!!!!
ole ole, ole ole, juninh-ho-ho-ho, junin-ho-ho-ho

1 stevie gibson! 1 stevie gibson!

Any its MIDDLESBROUGH! MIDDLESBROUGH FC! We're the finest team in football! The World has ever seen!

Who do you think you are kidding mr wenger?
If you think the we're on the run!
We are the boys who will stop your little game!
We are the boys who will make you think again!
So who do you think you are kidding mr wenger!
If you think THE BORO'S done!

congrats to the Boro. youve also gone 20 games with only 3 defeats now!!! gona bea good final JJ vs Juninho.

Yeah well done Boro. Showed the desire needed, and Europe is now just a game away. Certainly have the squad now to do well in the league, cups and europe, it's gonna be just a matter of time. Strange how the two teams i wanna put in WE to play against, have reached the final of this cup.

Im reliving it all on ITV now. I love football.

"On the 8th day, Juninho Created GOD"

Comon BORO!

Only saw brief highlights, cheeky finish by Zenden,

From what I saw Reyes stole the show though, what a goal, nicks it off the players foot, first time strike, lovely goal, :)

Could be a good final, it'll mean everything to the fans, if Arsenal or one of the other big teams in europe got there it wouldnt have taken as serious IMO. So i'll be looking forward to that, i'll be putting my money on Bolton but i'd like Boro to win so I can laugh at the geordies.

gooner2005 said:
Errr..... Bolton aren't geordies you dum fuck!

I think he's refering to the fact that Boro can win something unlike the Geordie rivals who are only playing for 4th place.

Alittle harsh that comment :shock:

By the way well done Boro, I think we matched you with 10 men but you just created the more clinical chances. Our players scored more goals than yours though ;)

SulphuricX said:
Im'a Cheer for Boro. Becuase bolton beat chelsea ;).

I would like to see Boro win their first ever trophy, that would be great for the fans, but I would like to see Big Sam get some reward for what he has done at Bolton over the years with fuck all to spend.

I think i'll end up neutral.

Nice one Boro! You deserved it over us. That's the second time in two games that Zenden has scord from that angle, I knew it was coming as soon as he got the ball. Damn.

Nickybaker said:
I would like to see Boro win their first ever trophy, that would be great for the fans, but I would like to see Big Sam get some reward for what he has done at Bolton over the years with fuck all to spend.

I think i'll end up neutral.

I know its a hard one, there are things about both teams that make it hard to hate either, even though Bolton fans hate United.

Should be a good final...

STR said:
Nice one Boro! You deserved it over us. That's the second time in two games that Zenden has scord from that angle, I knew it was coming as soon as he got the ball. Damn.

Yeah well done the boro overall you lot deserved it over the two legs. Looking back at the boro-marathron, Boro got their precious carling cup and we got our important fa cup/league games both teams not to dissapointed with the outcome. Slightly dissapointed for the youngsters who needed a cup final to add to their experience. But for the likes of Vieira, edu, parlour, europe, league and the fa cup is where it really lies. Arsenal now have bigger fish to fry with the wolves game on saturday, and that celta vigo first leg game coming at the end of the month!

14_Henry said:
Yeah well done the boro overall you lot deserved it over the two legs. Looking back at the boro-marathron, Boro got their precious carling cup and we got our important fa cup/league games both teams not to dissapointed with the outcome. Slightly dissapointed for the youngsters who needed a cup final to add to their experience. But for the likes of Vieira, edu, parlour, europe, league and the fa cup is where it really lies. Arsenal now have bigger fish to fry with the wolves game on saturday, and that celta vigo first leg game coming at the end of the month!

Well its this sort of thing that makes me glad Boro and Bolton are in the final.

And dont kid yaself mate the FA Cup is exaclty the same as the league cup now, infact Bolton and a few other teams can barley be arsed with putting a full team out so dont try and beliitle it now cos your out, this will be a big day for both sets of fans and im sure they will fill the stadium unlike the last time the arsebandits played there....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
14_Henry said:

Well its this sort of thing that makes me glad Boro and Bolton are in the final.

And dont kid yaself mate the FA Cup is exaclty the same as the league cup now, infact Bolton and a few other teams can barley be arsed with putting a full team out so dont try and beliitle it now cos your out, this will be a big day for both sets of fans and im sure they will fill the stadium unlike the last time the arsebandits played there....

I really wanted us to win last night cause my mate's a Bolton fan and we was going to have a cup final day out in Cardiff. I was a little pissed off after the game. Then if you don't have your strongest team out you can't expect to win can you.

Yeh to sum it all up you guys got the league win you needed and chance for a 3rd FA Cup in a row. We got our best chance for a trophy yet. All in all a good series of matches. I would have taken it on the 1st of Jan. So tally-ho! Its gonna be a cracing day out, my first final and im still on cloud 9 now. Currently organising how were getting down there and everything. Cant Wait!

Boro said:
Yeh to sum it all up you guys got the league win you needed and chance for a 3rd FA Cup in a row. We got our best chance for a trophy yet. All in all a good series of matches. I would have taken it on the 1st of Jan. So tally-ho! Its gonna be a cracing day out, my first final and im still on cloud 9 now. Currently organising how were getting down there and everything. Cant Wait!

Justr make sure you leave the place in a good state for when we go there on May 22nd ;) :mrgreen:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:

I dont know how you can say the fa cup is in the same league as the league cup. the fa cup will always have that extra magic to its name, and teams like arsenal always give it 100%, just look at our record in recent years. Just because man utd havnt had a good run in recent years you dont have to catergorise it in the same state as the carling cup. I wouldnt say the carling cup is compeltely worthless as its a chance to give our youngsters a good run out in the first team and am quite dissapointed for them that they couldnt taste cup glory. Sure Bolton with okotcha is barely putting a full team out. Good luck to them and boro for it should be a great final to watch.

Boro said:

Just take good care of our second home away from highbury. Should be a good day out for you boro manics!

Damn right. We'll warm it up for you guys, although it'll be a better final than yours ;)

Im currently struggling finding out how to sort tickets out. Me and some friends want to go down, and we;re gonna use the official transport. But im the only one with a season ticket. So im guarenteed my seat, but my mates arent. Now we'll be down there Q'ing from the day before they go onsale, however we want seats all together. So its gonna be tricky arranging something.

Anyway, the build up starts here. The town is buzzing today, and fans are upbeat and the doom and gloomers have fecked off somewhere. Bring on Bolton!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Only saw brief highlights, cheeky finish by Zenden,

From what I saw Reyes stole the show though, what a goal, nicks it off the players foot, first time strike, lovely goal, :)

Could be a good final, it'll mean everything to the fans, if Arsenal or one of the other big teams in europe got there it wouldnt have taken as serious IMO. So i'll be looking forward to that, i'll be putting my money on Bolton but i'd like Boro to win so I can laugh at the geordies.

Agh cmon how can you say other big teams in europe wouldnt have taken the final seriously. Look at man utd as a fine example fielding a FULL strength side with van Nistelrooy in the notworthy cup but sadly lost to liverpool who were also at full strength. OH DEAR

Boro said:
Damn right. We'll warm it up for you guys, although it'll be a better final than yours ;)

Im currently struggling finding out how to sort tickets out. Me and some friends want to go down, and we;re gonna use the official transport. But im the only one with a season ticket. So im guarenteed my seat, but my mates arent. Now we'll be down there Q'ing from the day before they go onsale, however we want seats all together. So its gonna be tricky arranging something.

Anyway, the build up starts here. The town is buzzing today, and fans are upbeat and the doom and gloomers have fecked off somewhere. Bring on Bolton!

Well being a STH. I'm sure you get first hand on the tickets so its very likely you get to hand pick where you want the tickets to be located. Shouldnt be a huge problem getting tickets all sat together. If not you can get a seat along the same seat number but a row above/below still sat closer to eachother.

jonesinho10 said:
Boro's lightweight Brazilian :( .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_football/3453957.stm

"He was first choice throughout last year's Confederations Cup campaign - the first time since the 1966 World Cup that Brazil failed to qualify from a group of four.

On all these occasions he was outdone by the extra pace and power of the game, and his defensive weaknesses were frequently exposed."

Sounds like we've signed a cracker ;) .

he is a left mid, and his style of play its like zidane, but off course he doesnt play like zizou :P , just the style.

14_Henry said:
Agh cmon how can you say other big teams in europe wouldnt have taken the final seriously. Look at man utd as a fine example fielding a FULL strength side with van Nistelrooy in the notworthy cup but sadly lost to liverpool who were also at full strength. OH DEAR

It speaks for itself, of course we had to put a full team out against the scousers but when we lost we still had the The CL and Prem to fall back on so it was forgotten about and since we're Champions of the whole country we just dont/didnt care, and thats the point, if it was a team not in europe or from lower leagues it would be a FINAL rather than the side dish for the "bigger" fish.

You get the same for a FA Cup as you do for the league cup, yeah when it was at Wembley it felt special, I know Ive been to enough cup finals, but after going to Cardiff last year and not even watching a final since we won it in 99' it shows the FA Cup is dying a death, even more when the UK TV figures for the past few seasons have been the worst in history. Maybe if the winners got a CL spot it'd make it interesting but that aint gonna happen.....

LETS GO BORO! how do things look for boro bolton? how have you lot faired against the wanderers lately?

-azn

Back
Top Bottom