Middlesbrough FC - Throw Down The Anchor!

Congratulations Middlesbrough, on your good performance last night! I have to say one thing though, who chooses your kits? He needs to be sacked. It looks like a rugby shirt!

Boro said:
. JeJe will you be able to watch it over there?[/left]

No way.. We`re too busy to show our loosing club teams, though Bodø Glimt deserved a win against Besiktas (1-1) and Odd Grenland did quite well against Feyenoord (0-1), it was a poor performance from our norwegian clubsides. But boro won! That`s the most important thing! Any news about the toffies game, boro?

Toffies game K.O at 3pm tommorrow. Ugo and Mendi out, everyone else is fine. Viduka still short on fitness, he was injured for the international break. I wouldnt expect the whole team to play the 90mins there will be a few tired legs out there tommorrow.

Arghh.. 90 minutes without one f***ing chance, unbelievable.. No worries though, man yoo: UR GOING DOWN! Boro, show yourself! Make ur match-reviews when we`re loosing too..

JeJe said:
Arghh.. 90 minutes without one f***ing chance, unbelievable.. No worries though, man yoo: UR GOING DOWN! Boro, show yourself! Make ur match-reviews when we`re loosing too..
Ha ha ha ha - this made my evening . . . . Its LOSING not LOOSING by the way . . . .

ninjabreakz said:
Ha ha ha ha - this made my evening . . . . Its LOSING not LOOSING by the way . . . .
I`m glad.. Ur name made mine! Would be a boring world without grammar-glitches, and the fact that u actually live in heaven makes me feel privileged, fuck-face.

See yall at the weekend and keep a lookout for our new forward...dont worry,hes just 18,cant do nothing much but I bet Rustu Recber has something to say about that. ;)

JeJe said:
I`m glad.. Ur name made mine! Would be a boring world without grammar-glitches, and the fact that u actually live in heaven makes me feel privileged, fuck-face.
Ha Ha Ha Ha - I reckon you are gonna LOOSE on the weekend, especially if that boy ROONEY is playing.

ninjabreakz said:
Ha Ha Ha Ha - I reckon you are gonna LOOSE on the weekend, especially if that boy ROONEY is playing.

the reason why I fancy us to win on Sunday is that Boro are gonna be streched with playing away in Europe and they arent used to it, I see how it effects us and we play in europe every year.

Of course I could be wrong.

Not to mention we owe you's big time for the 3-2 at OT last year!!!!

ninjabreakz said:
"That boy Rooney"? Hehe. How old are you? 12 or 13?

Vannizzlefashizzal: Well, that wasn`t the first time. McClaren knows ManUtd, and it shows.. But with Jimmy , Reiziger, Viduka, Job, Ugo, Riggott and Parlour all absent, my hopes aren`t too high..

If Man Yoo show us some serious "ninjabreakz", we`re screwed.. That name is so cool!

JeJe said:
Vannizzlefashizzal: Well, that wasn`t the first time. McClaren knows ManUtd, and it shows.. But with Jimmy , Reiziger, Viduka, Job, Ugo, Riggott and Parlour all absent, my hopes aren`t too high..

I didnt know that many people we're out, I've not seen Boro play since the Arsenal game.

With us being unbeaten since the 1st game of the season and winning the last three in a row I'm expecting/hoping for a win.

Very very important game tonight, 3-0 will do it I think, but never underestimate Banik, I have seen weirder things happening in my life.

JeJe said:
"That boy Rooney"? Hehe. How old are you? 12 or 13?

If Man Yoo show us some serious "ninjabreakz", we`re screwed.. That name is so cool!
Oh dear . . .

1-1, good enough for the next round, but I'm worried about Queudrue. It's not neccasarry to grab a yellow when you've already won the first game 3-0. Great to see Morrison score.

Hoping for a Dutch opponent for the Boro! I might go there then.

I agree with you Jooste, the Boro lads looked good today on the park, but whether they can continue to hold such good form is anyone guess. I too look forward to seeing them meeting a Dutch opponent if they do I think Boro may be in for a footballing lesson.

the real slim shady said:
I too look forward to seeing them meeting a Dutch opponent if they do I think Boro may be in for a footballing lesson.
No worries, boro plans to football all season, though they have concidered to go Basketball around Xmas..;)
All the norwegian teams were knocked out last night so i don`t really care who`s next, as long as it gets entertaining. If Quedrue gets suspended, it won`t come as a surprise..

I think you're right Slim Shady. I suppose Boro can't compete with Dutch footy at the moment. The likes of AZ, Heerenveen and Utrecht might be a bit too much for them. We'll see

joostebrood said:
I think you're right Slim Shady. I suppose Boro can't compete with Dutch footy at the moment. The likes of AZ, Heerenveen and Utrecht might be a bit too much for them. We'll see
Are you for real?

joostebrood said:

I think its pretty safe to say that the English Premier League is a few nothces below the Dutch League, the Dutch have produced many wonderful championship winning teams, like the mighty Ajax and the fantastic Feyernord and brillant PSV Eindhoven while the English have floundered at the elite level, Arsenal are the perfect example of English teams doing crap in the champions league and Millwalls efforts in the cup was abysmal it brought shame to the English game. Shame that may haunt the English game forever.

Personally I think Boro's only chance of progressing to the next round is to hopefully draw a crap opponent, theres a few floatin around like Rangers, Newcastle and Dinamo Tbilisi.
Good luck to the lads in the European adventure, but on the form the Dutch teams are going to easily win the cup this season, they are just too good

Hehe, classic! Can`t wait, i hope they`ll face all the teams u mentioned as they probably belong with the lower seeds. We`ve all got opinions..

Looking good now!! I`m seriously impressed over McMahons debut! Downing has been excellent!
7280.jpg

Last edited:
I coudln't agree with you more Slim Shady. I think Boro have a decent squad, but Dutch rejects like Boateng, Zenden and Hasselbaink won't do the trick. I think Boro are in for a tough second round and I just hope they will get through, but I am surprised if they will. My pick would be FC Utrecht to win this cup though.

But nevertheless: come on the Boro!!!

joostebrood said:
I coudln't agree with you more Slim Shady. I think Boro have a decent squad, but Dutch rejects like Boateng, Zenden and Hasselbaink won't do the trick. I think Boro are in for a tough second round and I just hope they will get through, but I am surprised if they will. My pick would be FC Utrecht to win this cup though.

But nevertheless: come on the Boro!!!

1-1 at old trafford with 5 regulars, 4 reserves and 2 youth players speaks for itself.
Look at the lineup: Schwarzer, McMahon, Riggott, Southgate, Parnaby, Zenden, Morrison, Mendieta, Boateng, Downing, Nemeth.

Ofcourse that's a good result mate, but you must not forget it's Man U. They have been struggling for 2 seasons now and I don't consider them a top squad, bar that 6-2 against Fenerbache. If Boro get to play top teams, I don't see them getting results, I hope they do 'cause I'm a fan. But we have to be realistic here.

congrats to southgate, and at times riggot, for a stingy defence that saw rooney get frustrated all match long.

another bloody draw :(

-fb

Well done today, Middlesbrough - I gotta be honest, I`ve enjoyed watching you at times this season, got some great new signings. Talk about you guys being our bogey team, man, we need to beat you! Next time, at the Riverside, we`ll see . . . . ;)

I think that is great of Ninjabreakz, that is exactly what I mean in the thread about the Greek football going down.

My compliments Ninjabreakz, at first I thought you weren't such a nice guy, but I was very wrong. You are just a very nice guy it seems.

joostebrood said:
I think that is great of Ninjabreakz, that is exactly what I mean in the thread about the Greek football going down.

My compliments Ninjabreakz, at first I thought you weren't such a nice guy, but I was very wrong. You are just a very nice guy it seems.
Thanks Joostebrood - I have my moments :) But Middlesbrough have a great team and manager now, McClaren has learnt from the best ;)

Back
Top Bottom