Middlesbrough FC - Throw Down The Anchor!

boro were unlucky again, jimmy and viduka came close on seperate occasions, but it was good to see boateng save steve mcclarens side...

for those who watched the match: was the send off but the dismissal of a penalty fair?

it sure seemed a spot kick from TV, for i think boro could have very easily won that match

-fb

Definite penalty, the contact was just inside the box.

Can you please give us Ray Parlour back? We could use a guy like him right now.

We should have gotten a 3-pointer last saturday. And we`re out of the cup. I guess we`ll have to win the uefa-cup instead..

You were outplayed by a much better team in Bolton. Lucky to escape with the point should have been three points for the waderers.

with the evident issues sven goren eriksson is having on the left side of midfield, i've just a question for you lot at the riverside:

stewart downing, england first team material? or should he develop at the U21 level first?

-fb

the real slim shady said:
You were outplayed by a much better team in Bolton. Lucky to escape with the point should have been three points for the waderers.
Hehe.. Keep it up!

About downing, i would give him another year or so, he`s doing fine as it is.

Brilliant result for us yesterday!

Hard luck boro, but don't take it to heart - have a look at Vila-real's last 15 home European games:

(INTERTOTO 2003)
Vila-real 2-Brescia 0
Vila-real 2-Brno 0
Vila-real 0-Heereenven 0

(UEFA 03/04)
Vila-real 0 Trabzonspor 0
Vila-real 2-Torpedo Moscow 0
Vila-real 3-Galatasaray 0
Vila-real 2-Roma 0
Vila-real 2-Celtic 0
Vila-real 0-Valencia 0

INTERTOTO (2004)
Vila-real 2-OB Odense 0
Vila-real 1-Spartak Moscow 0
Vila-real 1-Hamburg 0
Vila-real 2-Atletico Madrid 0

UEFA (2004/2005)
Vila-real 3-Hammarby 0
Vila-real 2-Middlesboro 0

No one's scored...:shock:

Woo, thats some record!! I thought Boro played very well in spells yesterday, and Viduka, in particular, was unlucky not to get on the score sheet. But looking at those results it seems there must be some kind of hex on the away team at VillaReal!!!

Didn't see the game, but having beaten us last week, I can't quite believe you've fallen to the same result against Spurs. After-effects of Europe?

ClassicD said:
Hard luck boro, but don't take it to heart - have a look at Vila-real's last 15 home European games:

(INTERTOTO 2003)
Vila-real 2-Brescia 0
Vila-real 2-Brno 0
Vila-real 0-Heereenven 0

(UEFA 03/04)
Vila-real 0 Trabzonspor 0
Vila-real 2-Torpedo Moscow 0
Vila-real 3-Galatasaray 0
Vila-real 2-Roma 0
Vila-real 2-Celtic 0
Vila-real 0-Valencia 0

INTERTOTO (2004)
Vila-real 2-OB Odense 0
Vila-real 1-Spartak Moscow 0
Vila-real 1-Hamburg 0
Vila-real 2-Atletico Madrid 0

UEFA (2004/2005)
Vila-real 3-Hammarby 0
Vila-real 2-Middlesboro 0

No one's scored...:shock:

The games against Celtic and Torpedo Moscow were the standout performances for me. Torpedo were unlucky not to score, they had a clear goal disallowed for offside, but full credit vila-real shame they can't have all there matches at home.

JeJe said:
Hehe.. Keep it up!

About downing, i would give him another year or so, he`s doing fine as it is.

Brilliant result for us yesterday!

I post something about Bolton and look what has happend to em now, they haven't won a game since and have twice thrown away leads to Norwich and Everton. The boys need to shape up.

Well, we`re through in e-cup now, lets hope get a shitty opposition. We were kind of lucky against villa, but we were very effective, which is something rather new on teeside..

Oh what a result for us yesterday! i was busy catching the norwegian season finish, and that was awesome too. Last night was truly my greatest soccer night ever, with Vålerengas league title and a boro victory to remember! Let us hope we can keep the form up now, we`ve been a bit unstable so far to say the least :) ...Only victories over man utd and arsenal at home!

Back
Top Bottom