• Njorgo (Njord)
  • Huylens (Huygens/Oranges102)
  • Ordaz
  • Hamsun
  • Ostwaut (Ostwald)
  • Fouque
  • Minanda (Miranda/Marinda)
Vote now!

I'd go for probably Hamsun and Huylens, to be honest. The former has a lasting 80 overall peak on PES 5, and he works very well as an attacking midfielder or supporting striker IMO, though not so well as a CF for me in the early stages TBH. Huylens has decent pace and shot accuracy :D

I added Fouque and Minanda because they can play SS position in PES 5 and later.

Castolo for me. Not as effective later on but earlier on he was the best. It seems to me more of the squad was being used in later versions as you were forced into rotating due to the fatigue problem. For me Hamsun played a lot but the player he replaced (Njorgo) never got any games.

- Ordaz
- Hamsun
- Fouque

Reasons: Relatively young age so they have time to develop. If you cross often with CAM your shooting and shot power stats tend to rise significantly. Hamsun is a stocky chap with strong physical presence, Ordaz is technical with his finish and Fouque has a solid right foot who can crack a thunderous shot 40 yards out.

After my recent ML challenge, it's Hamsun all the way for me. Turned into a cracking striker. Can't be moved off the ball and banging in goals for fun.

Ordaz then Huylens.

I can't vote for Minanda under forwards.

@Titch Yeah, Castolo (or Castello) had mid-70s stats in PES 1, which basically averages around the 80s mark in later PES.

It's strange, in the ML challenge I've been doing Castolo was so bad I've gone right off him! Not to mention he won't retire and keeps taking me for as much as he can get each season!

I'm with @mattmid, Minanda would be my choice for best midfielder so I can't choose him. I have to pick Castolo for his great performances on earlier versions of PES. It was back when I started playing the Master League - on my ISS days I'd typically spend my time playing cups and friendlies - and he single-handedly made sure I didn't lose every match, carrying our team always. As the years went buy, guys like Fouque, Ordaz and more recently Gutierrez began to shine a lot while Castolo faded into obscurity; however, if he didn't perform as he did early on on my PES experience I'd probably have lost interest in the ML - as I'd be losing every match - and I don't know whether I'd have enough knowledge about the default squad to cast my vote here.

It's strange, in the ML challenge I've been doing Castolo was so bad I've gone right off him! Not to mention he won't retire and keeps taking me for as much as he can get each season!
what PES? Not kept up well on recent posts except those relating to the wiki idea

Castolo was at his best in PES 3, where his stats were still good enough to be a decent forward and the new game engine and ball dynamics in PES 3 made him very good in the air.

Castolo was at his best in PES 3, where his stats were still good enough to be a decent forward and the new game engine and ball dynamics in PES 3 made him very good in the air.
Would have said ISSpro2 where his accuracy and power were both 16.
Stats mattered alot in that game too lol

My votes:

-Castolo:
he is the undisputed number one to me. He was the star of the early Iss Pro/Pes.. a shirt to him and ten for the others, as we say in my country. Can't remember ever leaving him out, even when he started to get worse in the latest editions.. don't know if out of affection, but I always managed to keep his performances decent, maybe due to that invisible link that made us play better on a player or another because we "feel" him pad in hand.

-Njord:
usually my first choice togheter with Castolo. Somebody said back in the days that he was the norwegian Boksic, and even if he never truly had the magical feet of my favourite croatian ever, the definition stick with him and that blonde giant became the fulcrum of my physical game, always helping me play long balls and crosses in the box, as well with epic shoulder to shoulder battles. I appreciated his heir Hamsun too, but while I more or less made him play the same when he was introduced in his place, he never had the same charm as the original to me.

-Fouque: I think I've already wrote of him somewhere else. I loved the fact that by default, he was pretty bad at everything but that really high shoot power that if I'm not wrong, nobody else had in the defaults. It made him so recognizable and standing out..
I remember that in PES5 he went on to become a decent player if you developed him enough.. in the later ones like 2011/2012 he was pretty terrible instead, but I kept find some place for him and his thunder right foot nonetheless :D.

Back
Top Bottom