MLB 09 The Show - PS3

Now you're making me wonder whether to cancel my NBA 2K9 order, which is the "best sports game" FFS?!

Stick with 2K9, I imported MLB for £46 in total in March, 2K9 is a lot cheaper.

I started a new RTTS recently as pitcher and I'm enjoying it a lot more than being a first base man (mainly because my timing at bat sucks at times). However the AI fielders do their best to screw me over every chance they get.

In the other modes (including RTTS as a batter), the AI fielding is fine, usual things occur but as the pitcher it can be poor at times and usually leads to runs being conceded. Its very frustrating when I throw a perfect pitch only for my so called team mate to run away from a catchable fly ball!

EDIT: My team made the playoffs and I've been promoted to Starting Pitcher!

Last edited:
Ok I downloaded the demo after hearing Tobi's thoughts on the full game. Its impossible to hit the ball! I just cant get it right at all. I always miss or end up with a foul ball. Any tips on how to bat and pitch for that matter?

I also downloaded the demo of MLB 2K9. I must say despite all the reviews I found it quite enjoyable. I was able to pitch well and most importantly hit the ball. I actually managed to score two home runs! At the moment im finding it more enjoyable then MLB 09 The Show simply for the fact that I can actually make a hit once in a while! However neither games are as good as Konami's other super series Jikkyou Power Pro aka MLB Power Pros!

You need to be able to read different pitches and have good timing. I still struggle with my timing with certain batters but I've improved a bit in recent weeks.

In the full game you can guess where the pitch is going to go and what type of pitch will be thrown but even when you know where its going its all in the timing. Brunnoce posted a link in this thread somewhere that help me with batting and timing. (I'll dig it out)

Pitching is like batting in the sense that you need to know which pitch does what and know how the ball is supposed to move. Also when I'm pitching I use the right stick to get some movement/direction on the ball.

Pitch types explanation.

I'm sure Brunnoce can explain it better.

I'm sticking to Road To The Show in this game now, the way the CPU comes back at me in Franchise games that I'm in complete control of is borderline cheating.

:BRICK:

Back
Top Bottom