MLB 09 The Show - PS3

I'll have to download this later today. I'm sure i downloaded last years demo and thought it was really good fun.-

I tried ordering rockband 2 from that site and TSB blocked it and then phoned me the next day to tell me thats they think someone else was trying to use my card.

Sure Becanes can fill you in on the intricate details and rules, but from what I understand...

USE THE WOOD STICK TO HIT THE WHITE BALL FAR, FAR AWAY...

Hope that helps.

I get the pitching bit but is the batting just down to timing or can i aim and stuff?

Whilst you are waiting for the pitch, hold down R2.

This is the 'guess pitch' feature. Choose a direction with the left stick and a pitch type with the face buttons. If you get the pitch type right, the outside of the strike zone will flash, if you get the direction right, the quadrant you chose will flash.

If you get both right, you will get the 'sweet spot' come up where the ball is going to go and you have a much better chance of hitting.

I usually chose high or low and always the fastball type pitch (4SFB, 2SFB) as if I dont get any flashes I know it will generally be the opposite (low if I chose high) and an offspeed (slower) pitch.

You can also aim with the left stick as the ball comes in. In 08 I had an option selected that gives you a bat aiming indication over the plate which is like a yellow circle that you can aim around with the left stick - I've not activated it in the demo yet, but its in the options menu.

Fiiiiiinaly, before the pitch, if you press the right stick up you are more likely to hit high (fly) or if you pull down low (grounder).

After the pitch, if you click in L3, you can see a report of your last swing - showing where the ball went, where you swung and if you were early/late.

Not much to it really! :LOL:

The batting is going to take a while to get used to.

I don't get the batting. the ball comes in - i attempt to do the guess thing, it get a green flash. then what am i supposed to press to hit the ball? X?

When i press x all of my guys swing with the force of a snails wet fart.

Does it have analogue pitching/batting controls yet?

nope placebo...from what the devs says i really think this aint the direction this franchise is going, there was evan a pool about this at OS and if i remember correctly over 75% of the users didnt want this "inovation"

the thing is that i feel the fanbase of this game is made mainly from Highheat and ASB series fans, like me, where the concensious is that stats are the most important thing , than comes all the other stuff(mechanics, gameplay itself,gfx)

But i must tell u that 2k9 is looking quite good, and they surely are heading in the direction ure looking for, i suggest u to stay tuned on that one. I think 2k will be at least a solid game this year since they changed development studios to the same ones that make NBA2k series... :)

Last edited:
Reminds me of NBA 2K9, very nice.

If Fifa had less cut scenes and more real time things going on then it would be a step in the right direction.

nope placebo...from what the devs says i really think this aint the direction this franchise is going, there was evan a pool about this at OS and if i remember correctly over 75% of the users didnt want this "inovation"

Damn shame, analogue controls made a huge difference IMO to the immersion you feel.

But i must tell u that 2k9 is looking quite good

Watched some trailers last night and I thought it looked shite.

Damn shame, analogue controls made a huge difference IMO to the immersion you feel.

Watched some trailers last night and I thought it looked shite.

i personally dont like 2k player models and gfx as a hole, but there are lots of people who dig it, so i thought maybe u would like it too.

btw, about that last blog updated of the show, im still baffled with this:
" For example, a Red Sox/Yankees game should always be packed, and depending on where it is, Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium, there should be a mix of both fans. Now if you’re playing a game down in Florida with the Marlins, well you’re not going to see as many fans and you just might see more fans of the visiting team on certain days or nights."

now this is something i really hope a football game can portrait one day.

I finally got round to downloading this.

Very impressed I have to say. Haven't really played many baseball games, save Wii Sports, but from what I've played it seems like a huge game. The attention to detail is breathtaking. I might be swayed into getting the full game, at the right price of course.

I finally got round to downloading this.

Very impressed I have to say. Haven't really played many baseball games, save Wii Sports, but from what I've played it seems like a huge game. The attention to detail is breathtaking. I might be swayed into getting the full game, at the right price of course.

I am selling '08 - which is equally as awesome - virtually the same gameplay mechanics, without some of the extra frills.

PM me if you are interested...

Didn't want to start a new thread off for this but I downloaded the 2K games baseball game the other day and it's really good stuff. But it doesn't really explain how you do things.

Does anyone know how the hell you pitch with speed?

Nah, thought about getting it but didn't really get along with the demo for some reason.

I should have it by the end of April, my current rotation is in desperate need of a refresh.

Ordered the game today, hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

I lost my first game 9 - 0 :LOL:, I then spent some time in the practice mode and in addition to the video that brunnoce linked me too (:COOL:), I managed to score 2 runs in my next game, including a home run.

I also had two occasions where the bases were loaded (I was losing 3 - 2 at that point) but I buckled under the pressure and eventually lost the game handsomely.

I know very little when it comes to teams and players, what team should I play mostly with? I played one game with the Yankees, I then switched to the Phillies (whom I played with in the demo) and I feel more comfortable with them.

The screenshot feature is awesome too, it has to become a default feature in all upcoming PS3 games.

No BAP for me tonight, I'm going to be playing this.

Played the demo a little more and so far my 4 year old is the only one to have hit a home run!

Its taken me a long time to get to grips with this game and Baseball in general but now I have and its the best sports game I've ever played.

Watching Baseball in 16:9 recently drives in how realistic the game is.

Back
Top Bottom