MMA thread

Did you not think it was an unfair fight against Mendes given he only had 2 weeks notice rather than months to train?

It looked like McGregor did well with the body shots but I really got the impression that Mendes just wasn't as fit as he has been.

For sure Mendes wasn't in his best shape but Conor was preparing for a striker and then had to face the best wrestler in the division. Chad was having his way with the wrestling.

I do think a second fight will yield the same result. Chad will have better cardio but Conor would have trained for a wrestler. Mind you Conor was tagging Chad from the beginning.

UFC 193

The main card was such a let down but that main event blew everything up.

Ronda's striking level was really exposed. Holly is just a superior striker and Ronda had nothing for her. That KO was brutal!!

UFC 193

Ronda's striking level was really exposed. Holly is just a superior striker and Ronda had nothing for her. That KO was brutal!!

I'm not into all the hype in Rousey at all and think its all very ott. She's took advantage with class of fighters in the division then when a decent striker came along she got found out.

I'm not really surprised Holm won but they way it went down, wow :LOL:

UFC 193

I predicted this outcome months ago on TC-Boxing. Placebo is a member there but he hates MMA:))

It's been a wild week in MMA. Some Thoughts

TUF 22 Finale - Edgar vs Mendes: didn't expect it to be over so quick. Edgar has defn earned his shot title. I'm not sure if he can take Conor's straight left hand. That thing is an eraser.

UFC FN 80: Page Van Zant was exposed. The loss will be good for her. She's young and has a lot of time to get better. Didn't agree with the ref stand-up in round of 1 of the Sage fight. Still thought Sage would have won but still...If a guy is working on the ground let him work...Don't stand them up

UFC 194: Romero has serious power but not a lot of fuel in his gas tank. Rockhold takes him down and subs him in round 3, maybe even round 2. All he has to do is weather the 1st round onslaught from Romero. Herb Dean should have stopped that fight in Rd 3. Rockhold landed 30+ strikes from the mount in the last minute of that rd. Like WTF??? Remember when he stopped Barao vs Faber after 3/4 secs when Faber wasn't even hurt. Aldo looked nervous from the get-go. Anyone who tries to bang with Conor at 145 will get KTFO. Not so sure about 155 though. There is some serious talent up there. That said, I think Conor can hang with all of them.

Some fun fights Sat night. Diaz looked sharp. His boxing was on point for all three rounds. Deadly jab. He should box like that in all his fights. Reem is FA now. I'd like to see him avenge his losses to Silva and Browne before getting a title shot. RDA is a killer. He's now dominated and finished two of the top lightweight strikers/kick-boxers in the world. I like Conor a lot but I wouldn't favor him in this fight. Very, very dangerous fight for him if he decides to go up in weight.

UFC 195

I think that Lawler had the Champion's advantage here. Both Condit and Lawler had their rounds but the first one was really close.
Robbie made a great fight plan and went all in during the 5th round, his performance there was good enough to convince the judges imho. As a noob in all this mma stuff, I got really shocked by the final numbers in terms of striking (avg, attempts and landed). Lawler thrown about 0.75 shots lesser than Condit, but they were really precise and made him win some rounds.

Although I wanted Carlos to be the new Champion, I think the fight could've gone either way and there's no injustice in the final result. Big show by both fighters.

I also liked Poirier vs. Duffy.

UFC 195

I think that Lawler had the Champion's advantage here. Both Condit and Lawler had their rounds but the first one was really close.
Robbie made a great fight plan and went all in during the 5th round, his performance there was good enough to convince the judges imho. As a noob in all this mma stuff, I got really shocked by the final numbers in terms of striking (avg, attempts and landed). Lawler thrown about 0.75 shots lesser than Condit, but they were really precise and made him win some rounds.

Although I wanted Carlos to be the new Champion, I think the fight could've gone either way and there's no injustice in the final result. Big show by both fighters.

I also liked Poirier vs. Duffy.

I had Condit winning by a round but have no complaints about the final decision. Great 5th round. Ever since GSP retired we have had great fights at welterweight. Would certainly be interesting if he came out of retirement to fight Lawler. Cruz vs Dillishaw in a few weeks should be good

Looks like McGregor vs Dos Anjos is going to happen!

Yeah, just saw that the other day. If Conor beats RDA there will be no stopping him. RDA will be his toughest test for sure. That said, Conor is a hard hitting southpaw with a reach advantage. If RDA wants to stand and trade he's going to sleep. Good fight.

UFC 196 was saved by the last two fights. The prelims were also very good. Some nice finishes and just karma for a fighter that tried to sucked punch his way to a win. Fight party I attended went nuts after the finish of the main event. The only thing comparable was when Anderson head kicked Vitor yrs ago. Tate exposed some of Holm's weaknesses. Her ground game is weak. That said, her TDD is pretty good as she stuffed take-down attempts by Tate quite a few times. Tate's defense was good as well. She had her right hand up all the time to block the high kick. It never landed flush. Conor was over-reliant on his left hand in this fight. He barely used his right hand and kicks. He would throw wheel kicks to get Nate to circle back to his right so he could throw his left hand. For someone who said other fighters are predictable he was pretty predictable in this fight. Whenever he feinted to the right he would throw an overhand left and whenever he feinted to the left he would throw a left uppercut. He threw a lot of power punches in round 1. I think he punched himself out.

What's your opinion about next UFC events?
I was really dissapointed when I heard McGregor-Diaz was going to be the main event of UFC200, and all these injuries and stuff put a little bit of order there: three championship bouts looks promising.

I'm really looking forward to UFN Las Vegas, I think Almeida will leave the octagon with a victory.

What's your opinion about next UFC events?
I was really dissapointed when I heard McGregor-Diaz was going to be the main event of UFC200, and all these injuries and stuff put a little bit of order there: three championship bouts looks promising.

I'm really looking forward to UFN Las Vegas, I think Almeida will leave the octagon with a victory.

UFC 199 was fantastic. Even the prelims were great. So many great fights last night. UFC 200 looks to continue the trend. The card is stacked! Add Brock Lesnar to the card and it makes it even better.

Well, Here's my opinion about last week's fight marathon :D

UFN90
What a surprise! Alvarez came as the underdog and finished RDA's with a great KO. I'm not really sure what's next for Eddie, because I see a lot of fighters that deserve a title shot, but they have a fight on the next events or need to beat a big name before fighting Alvarez: Khabib is my candidate.

TUF23
Joanna made a statement beating Claudia Gadelha, and the strategy that she followed reminded me to a classic Robbie Lawler's title fight: good endurance to make the fifth round hers. I don't see anyone taking her title in the near future.

UFC200
The prelims were awesome, insane finishes and some surprises (Zingano's loss). I thought Sage Northcutt would give up on the 2nd round armbar, after that comeback I think he recovered some of that trust that he loss after his loss against Bareberena. I'm feeling dissapointed about Hendricks defeat, with this loss he's really far from another shot at the title.

Really happy about Cain's return and also with Aldo's return: he looks a bit insecure in the first round but he cleared all up with his great performance in the next ones.

Too bad that Jonny Jones couldn't be part of this event, the main card was a bit weird without him.

Yup. Alvarez lit up RDA big time. Wasn't expecting that. For me 200 was a letdown. 201 had a great finish in the main. Wow. What a year so far.

Looks very good on paper. We'll see. People said the exact same thing about 200 and look what happened.

So Bisping vs Henderson at UFC 204 in Manchester.

The time?

3 fucking AM the main card starts.

Ridiculous but i'll still probably go haha

Back
Top Bottom