MMA thread

Rampage vs Griffin soon :))

Bad point is that the Setanta twats have bought the exclusive rights. So no more main events on a Sunday with Bravo :((

this is interesting

"The Spider" is in 2 rankings as well becuase hes that good :))

This system ranks the Top 10 MMA fighters from all across the world in each of the six most widely accepted weight classes.

Taken into consideration are a fighter's performance in addition to his win-loss record, head-to-head and common opponents, difficulty of opponents, and numerous other factors in what is the most comprehensive rankings system in the sport.

Fighters who are currently serving drug-related suspensions are not eligible for Top 10 consideration until they have fought one time after the completion of their suspension.

Fighters must also have competed within the past 12 months in order to be eligible for Top 10 consideration.

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

3. Randy Couture

4. Josh Barnett

5. Tim Sylvia

6. Andrei Arlovski

7. Fabricio Werdum

8. Gabriel Gonzaga

9. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic

10. Aleksander Emelianenko

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205-pound limit)

#1 Light Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Quinton Jackson

2. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

3. Chuck Liddell

4. Lyoto Machida

5. Wanderlei Silva

6. Forrest Griffin

7. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

8. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

9. Keith Jardine

10. Thiago Silva

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)

#1 Middleweight Fighter in the World: Anderson Silva

2. Paulo Filho

3. Rich Franklin

4. Robbie Lawler

5. Kazuo Misaki

6. Yushin Okami

7. Nathan Marquardt

8. Dan Henderson

9. Gegard Mousasi

10. Denis Kang

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170-pound limit)

#1 Welterweight Fighter in the World: Georges St. Pierre

2. Jon Fitch

3. Thiago Alves

4. Josh Koscheck

5. Matt Hughes

6. Matt Serra

7. Jake Shields

8. Diego Sanchez

9. Carlos Condit

10. Karo Parisyan

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (160-pound limit)

#1 Lightweight Fighter in the World: B.J. Penn

2. Takanori Gomi

3. Shinya Aoki

4. Tatsuya Kawajiri

5. Gesias "JZ" Calvancante

6. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro

7. Mitsuhiro Ishida

8. Josh Thomson

9. Joe Stevenson

10. Sean Sherk

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION (145 pounds and under)

#1 Featherweight Fighter in the World: Urijah Faber

2. Akitoshi Tamura

3. Hideki Kadowaki

4. Hatsu Hioki

5. "Lion" Takeshi Inoue

6. Masakazu Imanari

7. Mike Brown

8. Jeff Curran

9. Rafael Assuncao

10. Wagnney Fabiano

I watched UFC 86 last night

Rampage vs Griffin could have gone either way. Griffin hurt Rampage with the leg kicks but Rampage rocked Forrest on more than one occasion.

They showed Guillard at the end and hes fast becoming my Favourite fighter. He is very very fast and dont miss a punch how can you not like him :))

osa4bm.jpg

that was only the end, he had him down within 10 seconds before that

i aint fussed what there like out of the ring im never gonna be there mates or anything :))

All i wanna see is good fighters and he is very good

Rampage got some serious power in those gloves :D very entertaining fight against Forest imo :)

shite - i forgot about setanta. The useless gits do no advertising anywhere else than their own channels so i had no idea they had exclusive rights to ufc now. i thought the uk one was a one off or something. So that's the last 2 ufc's ive missed :(

Attention UK FANS Affliction: Banned on BRAVO!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Affliction: Banned - Sunday 20th July, 9pm. Bravo

UFC Fight Night - This Saturday

Description: For the first time on Spike TV - Watch LIVE nationwide at 6pm pacific time and 9pm eastern time.

In Canada - watch live on Rogers Sportsnet.

In the UK - watch live on Setanta Sports.

In AUSTRALIA - watch live on Fuel TV Sunday, July 20th at 11AM Local Time

On the Internet - Live on UFC® ON DEMAND™ (excluding U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, and Philippines).

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=1485

Last edited:
2672780186_3d89149539_o.jpg
2672780180_cdd895f103_o.jpg
0715_rampage_04_full.jpg

Quinton Jackson was pulled over this afternoon and taken to police headquarters after a car accident near Newport Beach, CA. He's been charged with felony hit and run, reckless driving and felony evading arrest.

According to the Costa Mesa police, an officer observed him driving with a flat tire and talking on his cell phone and attempted to pull him over. He ignored the officer and continued driving with the officer in pursuit. Police had received a report of a vehicle with his photo on it involved in a collision on the 55 Freeway in Costa Mesa, that struck other vehicles and fled the scene, according to Lt. Paul Dondero.

The chase continued with the vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, including at one point driving on the wrong side of the road and even on a sidewalk, scaring pedestrians.

The officer saw the vehicle in a second collision while driving toward Newport Beach. Nobody was believed to have been injured in the collisions.

The car continued to Newport Beach where the tire blew out and came off the rim and he was arrested with a gun pulled on him and taken into the Orange County jail, where he is being held on $25,000 bail.

UFC president Dana White flew to Orange County upon getting the word of Jackson's arrest and was driving to the county jail, believed to be to post bond.

Last edited:
lol, what the fuck, Rampage sounds freakin retarded even more than usual! :lmao:

UFC Tonight on Setanta 2 remember! It's on at 2am!

The fight will be broadcast live on Setanta Sports 2 and repeated on Setanta Sports 1 at 19:05pm on Monday July 21st, for Freeview viewers.

-

Attention UK FANS Affliction: Banned on BRAVO!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Affliction: Banned - Sunday 20th July, 9pm. Bravo

FROM THE BRAVO FORUMS
http://www.bravo.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26982
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we will be unable to show Affliction: Banned this Sunday at 9pm. Not our decision, not theirs, but I can't say any more than that.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay. We are hoping to show the event as soon as we can but know it's not ideal.

Rest assured, we'll keep you posted as to what's happening. Thank you for your patience and support.

Last edited:
Only started watching UFC a few weeks ago friend told me to watch Ultimate Fighter latest one and was hooked.

I known about it for long time but never bothered to get serious into it watched best of 2007 other day some amazing fights. Mirko Filipovic(Cro Cop) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga was one of stand out that leg kick was insane from Gonzaga come out blue.

Really enjoyable fight Rampage vs Griffin they seemed really down to earth on Ultimate Fighter together shame to see Rampage getting into trouble.

For me though i thought Rampage would of shown better fight then he did all hype and me being new to it i expected better. Saying that was good strategy from Griffin to go for legs i discussed with friend he said that he thought Rampage wasnt ready for fight as he been doing alot of promotional work etc and kind of underestimated him.

I should think rematch is on cards and Griffin did admit he was expecting one should be cracker. :)

Looking forward to seeing next UFC :))

I hate Setanta

they do shit footy coverage and now they have stole UFC

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Agree cant stand Setanta cant stand PPV full stop ruining sport mainly boxing.

Anyway managed to watch this morning UFC

Good win for CB Dolloway very much needed for him got Jesse in favourite move peruvian neck tie. Jesse given another chance in UFC after his antics on Ultimate Figther.

Kevin Burns rather fortunate with win over Anthony Johnson he got poked in eye. Nice to see good sportsmanship after with Anthony telling crowd to applaud Kevin after they was booing him.

Poor show from Vera but got the win good message to Rampage after aswell.

Wowwwwww what win for Silva that was over quick :SHOCK::applaud:

Cracking kick from Rory Markham in end fight also.

Last edited:
Donald Trump would just throw loads of cash at him

i cant see him ever going to the UFC while hes in charge of Affliction

Back
Top Bottom