MMA thread

Re: PRIDE

well there is rules but yeah Pride rules!

shame DSE are struggling big time and UFC will probably buy the Pride product. Rumors are that Fedor will joining Bodog Fight. Also UFC will not pay Silva the same money he was earning so he may leave also. think he might end up in K-1.

its a new MMA promotion who have serious financial backers. they are forming an alliance with cage rage and K-1.

they have events in the US and Russia. Next Pay per view is april 14th with Fedor fighting Matt Lindland.

http://www.bodogfight.com/

Well Sokoudjou won, great fight. PRIDE FC game coming ?!

"Impressed by Sokoudjou's talent, Executive Director Takada himself inquired, "You're only 22 [years old] right? How far are you going to go?" Sokoudjou said that he will continue to fight and train, and that he hoped to appear as a character in the next PRIDE game: "I want the artist to draw my hair so that everyone will know it's me."

APX - I saw that KO of Cro Cop and it was a beauty! Have not seen him taken out like that before, so I guess the pounding he took on the ground before that really took it out of him.:D

Mirko didnt look motivated at all. he threw no strikes at all! the thing I hate about UFC rules and fights in the cage are when guys are on the floor rammed up against the cage and elbows are thrown down on them. it happened in this fight and I think it is cheap. I hate seeing it so much! I have never been a fan of fights held in the cage.

anyway the PPV sucked and i was so glad i never paid for it. Not sure if Mirko will be back from this.

We all know elbows and knees are the most damaging and elbows especially imo are a cheap shot as kobashi said. Mind you, its more full on than K-1 is these days and less freaks. Wanna go back to early K-1 days!

No, but then at the same time, I wouldn't like to meet any of them in a dark alley. Kick in the back, cock in the ear, wouldn't be pleasant.

Some good matches last night in UFC 80

BJ Penn looked good and there were alot of awesome KO's. Kendal Grove's KO was the best he got hit loads of times before going down

Oh and Brock Lesner fights in the UFC for the first time on February the 2nd

Haha when I read the title I thought "Gay Pride? That's not a sport?!"

Oh dear. Didn't realise it was just some half naked men jumping all over each other and causing some pain.

Another revive to this thread

UFC has been awesome lately and UFC 85 is in England tonight and live on Setanta

Former two-time UFC® welterweight champion MATT HUGHES begins his run for an unprecedented third title against a young gun eager to take his place near the top of the 170-pound ladder in Brazilian slugger THIAGO “PITBULL” ALVES. Plus, exciting bouts featuring Michael “The Count” Bisping, Brandon “The Truth” Vera, Fabricio “Vai Cavalo” Werdum, Mike “Quick” Swick, and Marcus “The Irish Hand Grenade” Davis.

Should be another good un :))

Piss, i missed it and by the looks of it Bravo won't be showing this event!

It's repeated tonight at 11pm on Setanta 2 so i'll catch it then

Just watching it now..

Shame the first fight ended with a TKO - im guessing the ref stopped it as he wasn't really doing anything other than blocking and taking a load of hits. Rematch no doubt.

Second fight was F'Ugly - 2 big hits in the first and that piledriver at the end lol - that was awesome.

The first match was a joke, very disappointed in it.

The second match was shocking, I couldn't believe the blood! And the piledriver! :shock:

Just watched the Babalu v Heath fight :shock:

That match was just wrong, never seen so much blood, nasty!

Watched it all now... it was all ok. Not the best i've seen but some good moments for a best of clip show. Glad our boy won as well

I'm assuming you're talking about Matt Hughes? I've only seen the first half of the show so I don't know how that fight went ... guess I do now :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom