• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Mod Chips and online gaming....

G

GoaGuru

I just read the other thread with the same topic and it was too confusing for me so im starting another one...sorry!!

In that thread i couldn't find a definate answer on the question if it was possible to play online with a mod chip and the original game. Some said it was possible and some said that it would get you banned for life.

The way I understood it was that it is possible as long as your chip has the feature to turn itself off. I have a DMS3 or a DMS4 and im pretty sure that that chip has that feature to be turned off. I just dont know how?! Can anybody tell me how I turn it off? It says something on their homepage "Disable the Modchip in software by pushing Square on the Joypad" But how do i get in to the software?? Also, how do I know that the chip has been turned off though I doubt it will appear on the screen "Mod chip deactivated"....

I just dont wanna risk getting banned and not being able to kick all your asses online... ;)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djdoc

Have a search for the DMS4 manual mate, im sure its on the web in PDF Format and it should tell you how to switch the chip off.

DJ

G

GoaGuru

uhmmm...haha....will do....but is there any1 that have the dms chip and could give me a quick answer? and is it possible to play with the original game without disabling the mod chip?

Y

yddaki

GoaGuru said:
is there any1 that have the dms chip and could give me a quick answer?
dont know exactly with dms, but for most chips to have mod disabled just hold the reset button 5 seconds when booting the ps2

GoaGuru said:
and is it possible to play with the original game without disabling the mod chip?
no, dnas would detect the mod

ps. strange nickname for a pes player :) blast like crazy

G

GoaGuru

haha Cheers!

Soon u will see GoaGuru flying up the ranking! If the dnas detect the mod what happens then? Banned? How can i be certain that the mod is disabled?

Y

yddaki

GoaGuru said:
haha Cheers!

Soon u will see GoaGuru flying up the ranking! If the dnas detect the mod what happens then? Banned? How can i be certain that the mod is disabled?
no u wont be banned, but u cant play. if u pass the dnas with original game modchip is disabled.

mickyiz29

Non-League
7 August 2003
Liverpool
what you need to do is disable the chip and try loading a backup game , if it's been disabled correctly it will come up with a red screen saying please insert a ps2 compatable disc, then simply insert your pro evo original and away you go . :)

OPM

2 June 2003
Budapest
any idea how i can find out what mod chip i got installed?

i can't remember which i went for when chipping my ps2...:roll:

G

GoaGuru

found a manual on my chip dms3 on dms3.com but it doesnt say how i disable it....just when i should disable it...does anyone know? gonna try the reset button thing now hope that works otherwise im screwed

Androctonvs

Discovered The FK Bug
30 November 2003
Portugal
SL Benfica
I have the ripper modchip and play online with the original game.
I use the stealth mode - press the on button for like 1,5 secs.

G

GoaGuru

found the solution to my problem...with my chip i have to press the eject button...:)

Top Bottom