Mod Chips and online gaming....

G

GoaGuru

I just read the other thread with the same topic and it was too confusing for me so im starting another one...sorry!!

In that thread i couldn't find a definate answer on the question if it was possible to play online with a mod chip and the original game. Some said it was possible and some said that it would get you banned for life.

The way I understood it was that it is possible as long as your chip has the feature to turn itself off. I have a DMS3 or a DMS4 and im pretty sure that that chip has that feature to be turned off. I just dont know how?! Can anybody tell me how I turn it off? It says something on their homepage "Disable the Modchip in software by pushing Square on the Joypad" But how do i get in to the software?? Also, how do I know that the chip has been turned off though I doubt it will appear on the screen "Mod chip deactivated"....

I just dont wanna risk getting banned and not being able to kick all your asses online... ;)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a search for the DMS4 manual mate, im sure its on the web in PDF Format and it should tell you how to switch the chip off.

DJ

uhmmm...haha....will do....but is there any1 that have the dms chip and could give me a quick answer? and is it possible to play with the original game without disabling the mod chip?

GoaGuru said:
is there any1 that have the dms chip and could give me a quick answer?
dont know exactly with dms, but for most chips to have mod disabled just hold the reset button 5 seconds when booting the ps2

GoaGuru said:
and is it possible to play with the original game without disabling the mod chip?
no, dnas would detect the mod

ps. strange nickname for a pes player :) blast like crazy

haha Cheers!

Soon u will see GoaGuru flying up the ranking! If the dnas detect the mod what happens then? Banned? How can i be certain that the mod is disabled?

GoaGuru said:
haha Cheers!

Soon u will see GoaGuru flying up the ranking! If the dnas detect the mod what happens then? Banned? How can i be certain that the mod is disabled?
no u wont be banned, but u cant play. if u pass the dnas with original game modchip is disabled.

what you need to do is disable the chip and try loading a backup game , if it's been disabled correctly it will come up with a red screen saying please insert a ps2 compatable disc, then simply insert your pro evo original and away you go . :)

any idea how i can find out what mod chip i got installed?

i can't remember which i went for when chipping my ps2...:roll:

found a manual on my chip dms3 on dms3.com but it doesnt say how i disable it....just when i should disable it...does anyone know? gonna try the reset button thing now hope that works otherwise im screwed

I have the ripper modchip and play online with the original game.
I use the stealth mode - press the on button for like 1,5 secs.

found the solution to my problem...with my chip i have to press the eject button...:)

Back
Top Bottom