Monday Night Football : XB/XB360

Re: Monday Night Football

:| Monday week... I thought that meant... "Monday this week"... Which is... Today... Hm.
violent-smiley-093.gif

PES5 PC? if so im in if your doing another mini tourney.

DJ

The first post in the thread says XBOX so I'm presuming it's XBOX... At least I hope so!!

csaunders said:
dudes, can you guys play guys in the USA on xbox?

I would assume so though couldnt tell you for definite

Arent there differences between the way WE9 (USA) and PES5 (EUR) works in terms of online play?

DJ

I have a feeling WE(US) wont work with PES. I havent managed to meet a single American player yet on live, and this seems to be the case with the PSP version as well. Lets hope I'm wrong.

It all depends how good you are though in saying that looking at our applicants there may be an open slot for you regardless of how good you are

haha i dont quite think so, check my record ive not played that many games, infact ive only played 2 online games in 06 i think. its shit online.

Milanista said:
I just need to know the time you guys are probably going to play to confirm I can play.

At a guess it will be sometime between 8 and 11 on Monday GMT

I am still the Evo-Web Champ following our only Tourny so far

Last edited by a moderator:
CWright said:
At a guess it will be sometime between 8 and 11 on Monday

I am still the Evo-Web Champ following our only Tourny so far

Your days are numbered Wrightmeister................... 8) ;)

My PES5 arrived today... Questions, though.

A) On the PS2, I'm used to pressing L1 for cursor-change and L2 (now the left-trigger) for whatever else. Looking at the control options, it doesn't look like you can have it that way around on the XBOX - I don't see a way to assign controls to L1 and R1. Is that right? Any way around this?

B) On the PS2 version, you held down R2 to do a low shot... On the XBOX, if I hold down R1 (which is incredibly hard to get used to, but anyway), will that perform a low shot? Or have some controls been removed for the XBOX version?

C) Will I be able to play in this tournament if I've only had one or two games by the time Monday rolls around?!

Cheers lads.

A) I dont think you can I would suggest a PS2 Convertor connector so you can plug a PS2 Pad into your Xbox.
B) It does the same as PS2
C) not sure

You can't solve the L1/L2 problem, they've coded it in so that the L2 button (or 'white button' on the Xbox I think) can't be remapped. They did it in PES4 and there was a lot of complaining then, yet they leave it in PES5 as well. :roll:

I'd suggest getting the Dreambox converter if you want to play with a PS2 pad, it works wonderfully. Unfortunately it doesn't work on 360, only the old Xbox. I don't know if there's a good PS2 - 360 pad converter available, I haven't any.

WE/PES was designed to be played on Sony's pad, other ports just don't feel right. :(

ClassicD said:
WE/PES was designed to be played on Sony's pad, other ports just don't feel right. :(
Damn right... Which is a shame seeing as XBOX Live is far better than Sony's efforts. Cheers for the info, guys.

I've got a two-month Live subscription here, I think I may try to get my (60-year-old) dad into playing it. He loved playing it online on his PC - he just can't seem to get into the 360 pads, though. Manages a 0-0 on 3 and 4 star every time - just can't pass properly. Would you want him in the tournament so you can all rough him up?

(I was going to enter with both of us playing on the same side with my Gamertag but after seeing him play today I don't think I want my reputation damaging THAT badly)

Last edited:
Ok lads, on Monday Night Football, it will feature Spainish Club sides without Barca, Real Madrid and maybe Valencia and Ath. Madrid. Teams will be allocated randomly, so please say whether you want to play on Monday Night or not, just so I can get the Tourny set up and have the fixtures listed. We could have a minimum of 4, or 6, but would prefer 8 people. Thanks.

Can you not Sky Plus, tape or watch the feckin Omnibus Kev? Is your life really that sad you have to watch a TV soap rather than play videogame football? ;)

Back
Top Bottom