Monday Night Football : XB/XB360

Carl

Ban Master
Staff
27 December 2001
N.I.
West Ham United FC
Who cares about Spurs and Bolton, this is the real football, as a tester to maybe bigger and grander things, this Monday Night we shall be trying out a 8 player PES 5 Mini Tourny, kinda like the Old Euro Championships when it was much smaller.

Bascially 8 teams in 2 groups of 4, A + B; this each person plays at least 3 games, and in one night that is not very much, Winner of Group A plays runner up of Group B, Winner of Group B plays runner up of Group A, the winners of the semi's play in the final.

So as that is the format, we should have a few players already :

Holio (Me ;) )
CWright
ReActor
ClassicD (Maybe)
Flawl3ss
Kevano
Peat
Stasman

(They have been reserved as the people above have taken part in other Live Events organised by Evo Web)

Thus 5 places have been taken for the inaugural Tourny unless any of the above reply and say they do not wish to take part. Therefore we have 3 places left, Kevano and others from the XB thread will have to post in here to take up a place.

Stipulations for the competiton will mainly start we having to be on Live on Monday the 7th of Nov, participants must use a microphone during the competition to allow banter and also let people get to know fellow Evo Webbers. If you cant do either of those things please dont ask for a place.

The Organisers decision if final, that'll be me then, ;) When we have 8 players it will be determined if we use International teams or Club sides, and also whether it will be totally random teams or randomised from a chosen 8 sides, any thoughts please post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Monday Night Football

I probably won't be able to take part, since the only evenings I can play on Live are Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturday (after 11) and Sunday. I work the rest of the week

• Staff

Thanks Flawl3ss, it is just a water tester, there may well be more Tourny's or Leagues to come; so Kevano as taken one place, while another one has opened up due to Flawl3ss not being able to do Monday Night.

So we still need 3 more people.

i've got pes5 on xbox and ive been playing xbox live and its all good... gamertag - wozisthedaddy

I may or may not be able to take part this week. I've got something pre-arranged for Monday at 6:30pm and I'm not sure if it'll take half an hour or a couple of hours. Do what you will with that, maybe best just to leave me out for this Monday's efforts.

I'm available every Monday after this Monday. :(

• Staff

I'm thinking KO would be about 830, yet to be confirmed tho.

I will play if its ok.
tag - manxspanna

(ex division 3 leader when the plug was pulled :) )

If there are any spaces left then i'm interested, if not then stick me on the reserve list.

GT - Mr Stasman

It looks like we have our 8 then people, tho Classic is down as a maybe at the mo we could need one more.

I really hope people re-read this thread now...

The Draws have taken place :

As we only really have 6 players who say they can take part, there will be one group of 6 teams, top 2 play in a final, or we could have 1st play 4th and 2nd play 3rd. Below this is another draw in case we do get the 8 players needed for the format above, Classic and Flawl3ss's names have appeared beside them, but that is only for the draw process, and anyone wanting to take their place can post in this thread.

Option 1 Draw, 6 teams, 1 Group = Allocated teams.

Kevano : France
Wrighty : Italy
Holio : England
Stasman : Czech Republic
Peat : Spain
ReActor : Netherlands

Option 2 Draw, 2 Groups of 4 Teams, Team Allocated and Group :

Group A

Peat : Portugal
ReActor : England
Noted : Netherlands
CWright : Italy

Group B

Stasman : France
Kevano : Czech Republic
Holio : Spain
ClassicD : Germany

So as Classic is a maybe and Flawl3ss is a no chance, if you would like to enter the inaugural Evo Web Mini Tournoi please post in here and the teams will be allocated via heads or tails. ;)

That completes the draw for the Monday Night Football. I will post Gamertags of the players who are in when they confirm they can play, so please confirm asap.

Wozbacca, if you can play in the Tourny please say so, and you can have Flawl3ss's place, thus leaving one place for the maybe Classic

Last edited:

I know Wrighty says he'll play, so come on lads, can the rest of you confirm, I can see a 4 player Tourny being played..............

just a thought, what if some of us cant connect to each other!?

this could seriously wreck it. I cant connect to a few people on my friends list, but ive beat...sorry played CW so i know i can beat...oops....play him

Noted, you can have Flawl3ss's place, more to confirm, so others can still apply for the places. This is also a first 'trial' kind of tourny. So far confirmed are Wrighty, ReActor, Kevano, Noted and myself, so we have 5, 1 or 3 more needed :D

Last edited:

OK, until I get more confirmations, it will become a 4 player Tourny, Noted, you must confirm, till then it's ReActor, Wrighty, Kevano and Myself.

So therfore the teams and Gamertags are :

Kevano : France : kevano22
ReActor : Netherlands : LemonJelly
CWright : Italy : cwright2000
Holio : England : Judge Shredd

Last edited by a moderator:

If Noted and Classic can join, you will be either Spain or Czech Rep, unless the others confirm and we can move into a 2 Group Tourny, fixtures etc will be put up at 820 or so, players have until then to confirm there places. After the fixtures are done, please enter into the Live arena, it will be upto players to send invites to the other player in there first fixture etc, after the fixture is played please post the result in here, then play the next fixture. I'll collect the data and post a table of sorts.

This is for FUN lads, ok, if your the best player ever and you want bragging rights, this aint for you, there is no prizes and no need for ignorance, if you get a whipping take it, if you give the whipping dont gloat about it, and in the honour of sportmanship I would like the players to allow throw in space, and let people take short kick outs without having your striker stuck on the defender, play the game, not the result. Game on, see ya later lads, :D

awwwww i was looking forward to whipping CW and just hurling abuse down the mic :(

JUST KEEEEEEDING

edit: WOOOOOOO IM FRANCE

Last edited:

kevano22 said:
awwwww i was looking forward to whipping CW and just hurling abuse down the mic :(

THat aint happened yet Kev, why would tonight be any different ;)

Stringer Bell said:
So CWright do you allow member to verbal abuse you on online games and you won't ban them on your site lol.

It all depends on the level of abuse

Ok, so we have 5, we need just one more person to make this viable at any sort of rate, Stasman, if you want Sweden I'm sure we can allow that, though your allocated teams via the draw were Czech Rep in the 6 player tourny and France in the 8 player one, I'll check back in about an hour, we have until then to find one or three more players, till then lads, keep it sweet. ;)

Nah i'll gladly take the Czechs if not to complicate things, its just that i've been playing with Sweden a lot offline and have grown to like them.

I played with france yesterday, in pre match warmups with other chumps online, and i was shocked to see no Cisse in the squad, but Wiltord. gay. Oh well, i saw this "Henry" guy, he looks ok, i guess he'll have to do.

Fixtures :

Match 1

LemonJelly 1 v 1 Wrighty
Mr Stasman 1 v 0 ClassicD
Kevano22 0 v 1 Judge

Match 2

ClassicD 0 v 1 Kevano
Wrighty 3 v 1 Stasman
Judge 1 v 0 LemonJelly

Match 3

ClassicD 2 v 1 Judge
LemonJelly 1 v 1 Stasman
Kevano 1 v 2 Wrighty

Match 4
Wrighty 1 v 0 ClassicD
Judge 0 v 3 Stasman
LemonJelly 1 v 1 Kevano (Pools panel decision)

Match 5

Judge 0 v 0 Wrighty
Classic 4 v 1 LemonJelly
Stasman 0 v 0 Kevano

Last edited:

Kev 0 : 1 Judge
Judge 1 : 0 LemonJelly
Classic 2 : 1 Judge
Judge 0 v 3 Stasman
Wrighty 0 v 0 Judge

Last edited: