Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosaNostra

Conference
1 November 2001
Holland
Well, the old one is really f**ked, but we still have to talk movies right?

Went to see Cidade de Deus yesterday (City of God) and I was totally blown away. It's about the favela's in Brazil, one in particular, and follows how kids turn into savage animals.
The place is happy and tragic, violent, but full of hope, at least that's how I felt leaving the cinema. 10/10

I went to the Cinema Saturday night & watched a class film.

THE RULES OF ATTRACTION

It stars the guy from Dawsons Creek but don't let that put you of because he's complely different in this.
If you love college films which are a little weird & full of Sex & Drugs you're going to love this one!

Theres a rank sex scene at the beginning which is really funny but im not going to say no more than that.

I give it the Dazza Recommended 8/10 :D

Go see it Now!!

Dammmmm Joost Ive been tellin people to see this for the longest time...

Its a brilliant film I think the acting was first class the kids in it we're really good, I also like the way that when the credits we're rolling (as we we're rolling spliffs for the road) they showed the real pictures of the people portrayed and an actual interview that was shown in the film......

Classic everyone must see this movie.....

that and Donnie Darko (out now on DVD)......

Yup, Vanniz.... Funny thing is, somewhere on the forum you mentioned it a while ago. After i read that, i looked it up on www.imdb.com and i just had to see the damm movie.

And it was a very very very good movie. Maybe even in my personal top 10. I like the way they've shot the movie. It's very colourful and lots of music, so you think "hmmm, this life isn't too bad after all". The contrast between that thought and what really happens is very big. You leave the cinema with a very conflicting feeling about the movie. You've got the killings, rapes etc and on the other side there's happiness, music, in other words, they've done a real good job describing the life of kids in the bad part of Rio de Janeiro (i guess)

joostebrood said:
Yup, Vanniz.... Funny thing is, somewhere on the forum you mentioned it a while ago. After i read that, i looked it up on www.imdb.com and i just had to see the damm movie.

And it was a very very very good movie. Maybe even in my personal top 10. I like the way they've shot the movie. It's very colourful and lots of music, so you think "hmmm, this life isn't too bad after all". The contrast between that thought and what really happens is very big. You leave the cinema with a very conflicting feeling about the movie. You've got the killings, rapes etc and on the other side there's happiness, music, in other words, they've done a real good job describing the life of kids in the bad part of Rio de Janeiro (i guess)

Glad you liked it fella, alot of big film studios dont take risks with thiese sorts of films and IMO thats why 95% of films that get released nowadays are straight ass....

Theres a similar movie based in the same place but the titles all in spanish with no translation (ony subtitles on my copy) I'll post it up when I get home, its pretty good but its hard to top C.O.G which is defo in my Top 10 of all time fave movies.......

If you like documentary style movies that take risks as you say I would recommend Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine". First Class film.

gunnerglory said:
If you like documentary style movies that take risks as you say I would recommend Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine". First Class film.
Yep, great film. that and donnie darko are the best films I've seen in the last few months.

Anyone see Mike Basset England Manager on Saturday? Love that film, got it the day it came out on DVD. Absolutley p*ss funny. :mrgreen:

gunnerglory said:

it's very good - opens your eyes too!

i think it just won an oscar too, for best documentary... :D

TheMonkeyJuggler said:
gunnerglory said:

it's very good - opens your eyes too!

i think it just won an oscar too, for best documentary... :D

When me joostebrood and a few others went to City of God, we saw the poster for Columbine Monkey, joost said he had heard great things about that one.

And yeah, Donnie Darko is great ;)

I saw a column on Colin Columbus in Columbine while I drew a semi-colon on Kolo Toure's colon.

I'm jus' done watchin' me Slingblade

Hmmhmmm

I reck'n y'all should go watch it yerselves too

slingblade.jpeg

hutch said:
Anyone see Mike Basset England Manager on Saturday? Love that film, got it the day it came out on DVD. Absolutley p*ss funny. :mrgreen:

I saw it and it was the worst film i have ever seen, so not funny it was unreal, u could see the punchlines a mile off.

And Bowling for Columbine fully deserved the Oscar, cracking Film/Docu

Oh i watched Swordfish for the for time the other night, another film well worth a watch. Kinda like Oceans Eleven which is a very good thing :)

Oceans Eleven is one of the best movies I've ever seen, it is awesome. Though swordfish I found was a little dissapointing. :D

BroodjeGras said:
I'm jus' done watchin' me Slingblade

Hmmhmmm

I reck'n y'all should go watch it yerselves too

HmmmHmmm

Yeah, that's a good'un.

Yes, im the name thief. Oh and swordfish is better than oceans eleven.

gunnerglory said:

Any idea when that'll be out on rental - I don't think its out yet!

We have been kicked out of the other thread so i am posting my things here again :)

Did anyone watch Leon tonite?
Seen it before but its always well worth a watch

Cosa is COG only available with english subs??

im also after some scary films to watch.

I watched Deathwatch a few days ago which i was told was scary and was **** (i should be a film critic )

So im after horrors, preferebly about ghosts like The Sixth Sense and Blair Witch.
And if ur into scary films i recommend "The Eye" its jap, Jian Gui or somethin, very scary.

So come on gimme so scary films to watch!

COG is subbed only Coopz, but you get used to it really fast.

The Others is a good film, not really scary but pretty good

What Lies Beneath is another recent Ghost flick, pretty good as well actuallyl.

Yeah I want to see both of them Cosa, look good.

Is there not a Japanese film 'The Ring' that's meant to be good too. Deathwatch is meant to be sh!t anyway, I wanted to see that however missed it in the pics. Have to admit The Sixth Sense wasn't scary for me, although Blair Witch was.

Well I haven't been watching movies recently, however watched...

Ali G..........I quite like him, so it was quite funny as I expected, although I do find him better to watch when doing his interviews and stuff.

Memento........finally watched it, enjoyed it although a pretty bizarre film. It was great watching the way things played out throughout the film.

FD

MrCoopz said:
So im after horrors, preferebly about ghosts like The Sixth Sense and Blair Witch.
And if ur into scary films i recommend "The Eye" its jap, Jian Gui or somethin, very scary.

So come on gimme so scary films to watch!

'Coopz' The Evil Dead fims are class not that scary but very funny :D

'The eye' is good, but its not that scary. I saw it a few weeks ago and found that the scary scenes were tame compared to other films. Nevertheless, some bits genuinely are frightening. Definately worth seeing.

CITY OF GOD THE BEST MOVIE

city of god, one of the best movie i ever seen, not just cuz im brazilian, but, they really show the life of most of the poor people in brazil, a lot of rich people in brazil, were like, surprise when they watched the movie, they didn;t know ( or didnt want to see) that reality, they didnt want to show the movie to the rest of the world.. aahahh fools, i dont even know what i am talking about... i watched the movie like 3 times, and i have the cd from kazaa too, great movie

pict2.jpg

TomC2k3 said:
'The eye' is good, but its not that scary. I saw it a few weeks ago and found that the scary scenes were tame compared to other films. Nevertheless, some bits genuinely are frightening. Definately worth seeing.

Hehe, like the 'why are you sitting in my chair?' scene. I nearly shat myself. Damn, that's a scary scene. I saw 'The Eye' again the other day and that scene scared just as much this time. It's extremely well directed and edited in places. I wonder when the obligatory American remake is coming?

zebula77 said:
Hehe, like the 'why are you sitting in my chair?' scene. I nearly shat myself. Damn, that's a scary scene. I saw 'The Eye' again the other day and that scene scared just as much this time. It's extremely well directed and edited in places. I wonder when the obligatory American remake is coming?

Haha thats the bit that got me as well, i think that is number 1 in the scariest things in films for me :)

TomC2k3 said:

Like fcuk you've seen the Eye. Liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom