Votes: 2 3.8%
  • FireFox

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Mozilla FireFox

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Not IE

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
i use opera, IE is an awful piece of software, anyone stupid enough to use IE deserves all the problems it will inevitably cause!

Opera 9, I know lots of people dont like it, but I do, not had any problems so far.

Opera is too cluttered looking at the top for my liking, it looks too top heavy and I loathe toolbars and other similar things taking up my browsing screen space, so Firefox for me, all the way.

Sorry. :)

Actually, I hate Firefox. Don't know exactly why, but I can't use it. I've been using Opera for lots of months, after leaving Firefox, that I used for 1 or 2 months. :D

Mart said:

All Opera needs is a little customisation and it becomes the slickest browser there is.

I do wish they had extensions like Firefox though. I am not to fond of the widget system.

Sorry, off-topic I know, but what do you use to make your Windows start bar, title bars etc. have that metallic look to them?

When you first download Firefox, it comes with bookmarks, and one of the bookmarks is an RSS dropdown thingy ("BBC SPORT") that lets you see all of the sports news from the BBC website. It's one of the first things I check every day.

However, in the last few months it's really started to get on my tit - when there's football and rugby going on, you get two headlines in there that BOTH say "Live - Premiership", and at the moment there is more rugby news than football news on it. Someone must have just started working high-up at BBC SPORT who REALLY loves his rugby (note: I fucking hate rugby).

Is there anything similar that covers JUST football (not neccesarily covering foreign football but that would be a bonus, as well as lower league coverage which is the priority really being a Tranmere supporter)?

Jack Bauer said:
Sorry, off-topic I know, but what do you use to make your Windows start bar, title bars etc. have that metallic look to them?

It's the alternate XP theme. No downloading or major alterations needed to your OS for it to look like that. Just right click on the desktop, hit properties, then hit the "appearance" tab. Color Scheme drop down menu, silver.

That should do it. ;) :thumbup:

Edit: Just realised you probably mean Mart's way, thats a different theme type setup. I just the Windows XP silver theme, looks similar and nicer than the usual blue and green stuff.

Last edited:
I use IE7, I have Firefox( Gran Paradiso) too but it's much slower and IE7 is much more minimalistic and not so ugly as def. firefox.
I don't have the best PC but FF(GP) opens sooooo slowly and IE7 opens very fastly.
Talking about popups, I have somekind of SpyBot popup blocker and it's just great, there aren't almost any popups popping up...
I once had Opera too but it screwed up lots of web pages...Opera took the page to one side and it looked like crap...

Back
Top Bottom