music thread

csaunders said:
Whats everyone listening to, me lateley

Wilco with and without billy brag
I'm listening to AM right now. 8)

I have also been constantly listening to the new QOTSA record the last few weeks.

DirtyFrank said:
I'm listening to AM right now. 8)

I have also been constantly listening to the new QOTSA record the last few weeks.
im listening to Summerteeth at the moment.. great stuff

anyone here a Nirvana fan who can post a list of their best songs....?

Music from Big Pink: one of the best albums ever...
CSaunder, do you know the Willard Grant Conspiracy??? Soundsa litle bit like the Walkabouts (one of my favourite bands).
Currently i'm listening to two recent compilation albums: Yo La Tengo and Nick Cave's B-sides and rarities compilation. Great, great...
Other great music: Joseph Arthur and Joe Henry.

Professor Nutmeg...could you give me a link for a better image of your avatar? I love surfing and that image rocks!

Hello mate. Unfortunately i made it myself from a larger grab, which is below. Just drag it to your desktop.

guinnesshorses.jpg

Last edited:
awesome! back to the topic now...thanks and sorry guys!

I've been listening to the latest QOTSA album for a few weeks too and it's great! My fav rock band actually...

Anyone heard the new Oasis single Lyla? anyone care to share their thoughts on it?
I though it was alright but nothing special, I have very low expectations for their new album.

New Orders new album is fairly good though.

please don't tell me the gallagher brothers have gotten so unoriginal that they have be doing a rendition of one of Clapton's greats... unless it's a totally different song, in which case, i must look like a right wally at the moment

-fb

Clapton's classic is Layla and not Lyla...
The Gallagher brothers are big big wankers but why shouldn't they be allowed to make their own version of Layla since Clapton violated his own classic in an Unplugged version...
Clapton should have stopped 15 years ago...

Gerd, you have great taste in music, can you recommend a Joseph Arthur album? I second Joost's recommendation by the way.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with oasis im a big fan, their new song lyla isn't that great.

Recommended:
Bloc party
The strokes
Placebo

Danwin, the best Jospeh Arthur is the second, the one produced by the great T-Bone Burnett...the trouble with me is that i forget titles...but i have searched on the net and i just found the title: "Come to where i'm from"...
I have heard much good things about Ray Lamontagne but haven't bought one of his CD's...
I must say that i buy less than a while ago. I used to work for a local radio station (music programmation) and then i really followed everything in music industry. But somehow the urge has disappeared...i still like music a lot but i'm less proncipal about it. If you would come to my house you would here music that my wife and kids like (my wife: Bryan Adams my kids well kids stuff like - for the Dutch - K3) and that is totally different from the very obscure music i listen to (i have a Discman and listen a lot in my bed while reading). One of my favourites bands currently is Einsturzende Neubauten, a German group who uses tools like air compressors as instruments. Well i know my wife can't stand that sort of music...so i only listen to that sort of music on my disc man.
Anyway thanks for the tip Joost and Danwin...
I think wer should start a thread about real good music which isn't mainstream but the problem is that you can't define what is "alternative" music. To give an example (and i don't want to offend the guy), if i saw the list of Milanista in this thread to me that is very commercial main stream music although he's sure that it is alternative music...so let's continue in this thread. In a way it's better that music has become less elitist but on the other hand it disturbs that real good music is "oppressed" by prefab music like Britney, most RnB and Nu-metal...There have been thousands oof Britneys before Britney, RnB is bad soul music and Nu-metal is very bad hard Rock with fake attitude...
But there still is some very good new music...
Sorry for the rant...

Back
Top Bottom