music thread

Anyone heard the new Oasis album yet? Any opinions? I have only heard the stream that NME.com have at the moment, from what I'v heard it's pretty good. It's Oasis so there is no "new" sound that people are always looking for, but it's solid and if you like oasis then I am sure you will love it.

The new Coldplay album is sounding great too, can't wait for that one.

I have listened to it a couple of times and I like it, I think it will be a grower. Its different to their other stuff, it sounds more raw if you know what I mean. Also Noel has penned only 5 of the tracks, which is unusual, Liam has penned the other 3, Andy Bell 2 and Gem 1. More thoughts when I have listened to it more times.

Got that song I was looking for btw, 'Sick and Tired'. Guess there's no better place to ask than a Anastacia forum. :mrgreen:

FD

Really loving the new Foo Fighter's album 'In Your Honor'. CD1 is rock and CD2 is acoustic with guests such as Norah Jones and the Zeppelin bassist.

Ok, the new Green Day tune "When September Ends" gets listed as explicit on iTunes. I have listened to it a fair few times now and cant fucking find any swearing in it at all.

On a completely unrelated note, Arctic Monkeys will be huge

ReActor said:
Anyone heard the new Oasis album yet? Any opinions? I have only heard the stream that NME.com have at the moment, from what I'v heard it's pretty good. It's Oasis so there is no "new" sound that people are always looking for, but it's solid and if you like oasis then I am sure you will love it.

For me it is a return to form for Oasis. The last two albums were average to say the least but as you say this album is solid. I don't think there are any weak songs on the album, however there aren't really any standout tracks either, maybe TIOBI which I would say is my favourite especially after hearing it live a couple of weeks ago. A lot of people are saying it's another disappointment and complaining it's not as good as DM or MG but I think you'd be a fool to expect something of that quality again. Personally I am one happy Oasis fan, I'm just unsure whether I'll regret not getting a ticket for Hampden :eh:

Oasis are so fucking over-rated, second only to U2 perhaps. Their recent albums have been really average.

danwin said:
Oasis are so fucking over-rated, second only to U2 perhaps. Their recent albums have been really average.

That's fair enough but you can't deny that they've made 2 of the best albums ever. As for U2 well I've never really been into them.

Definately Maybe was a good album, still overated in my opinion though, they wouldnt be in my top 250 albums.

Last edited:
Oasis are overrated yes, they are not in my album top 250, or did someone mention that before? Was it Dan?

joostebrood said:
Oasis are overrated yes, they are not in my album top 250, or did someone mention that before? Was it Dan?
agreed, smile is overated as well, sorry guys IMHO...

the jerry garcia-esque skyward sailing guitar licks are pretty good, thats why i love these two albums from RA and the cardinals...

Quality albums: Coldplay and Gorillaz...
And about U2, never liked them till i saw the DVD from their concert at Slane Castle Dublin: great live band. Afterwards i started buying some CD's (imagine this, U2 really is the group of my generation and i buying CD's more than 25 years after they started their carreer...)Achtung Baby is one of the best records i ever heard...Also liked Ratle Hum and Zooropa a lot...

recent albums ive been mostly listening to at the moment:

the magic numbers - self titled
hot hot heat - elevator
basment jaxx - the singles
coldplay - x and y

CWright said:
On a completely unrelated note, Arctic Monkeys will be huge

Back in June I posted that comment. I am just that good :)

CWright said:
Back in June I posted that comment. I am just that good :)

AM are brilliant, definetly the best band to come out this year, they have some cracking tracks... i have downloaded pretty much all of them, and there isn't a weak one there!

To anyone who hasn't heard them yet, try listening to Scummy, Cigarette Smoke, Certain Romance, Bet you look good on the dancefloor and Mardy Bum. These five tracks alone are potential classics.

Back
Top Bottom