Music Thread

It is true what you're saying, it's part of culture, not the scene itself. I fully agree. I never noticed you danwin, but you're a nice member. Do you have msn?

Thanks Jooste, I'll join you soon on msn, need a reboot. I'm not sure what point I was trying to make, but yes that sounds nice, music reflects society.

In my secondary school, anyone who didn't listen to rap or "slow jamz" was actually called, and I quote, "gay". Now I couldn't give 2 shits, I quite enjoy the funny looks I get, and I've amassed a small rock group, which is cool.

System of a down are really getting to me the moment, I feel so much from each song, so much meaning and emotion. They are quite unique in there style too.

The momentum of this thread has gone, a shame. I think we could've created a nice discussion from Dan and my posts.

joostebrood said:
The momentum of this thread has gone, a shame. I think we could've created a nice discussion from Dan and my posts.

I think what you said was covered, I was following up on your post about music having meaning.

Sorry, I'll keep out of it.

Sorry, I don't mean you mate, what you said is true. School is very influential when it comes to music. The funny thing is that once you're a bit out of that scene, you'll find out what music you really like.

hi there ...
i was wondering if maybe somebody know this song if yes please respond oh...and btw...its from the wemerica patch in highlights.... but its not telefoot and you can listen this song in BGM museum and there the song name is "feel high" or "the rock"

and here you can download the sample :P
http://pinkplayer.w.interia.pl/a.rar
its bad quality but i hope this would be enough :]
thanks

joostebrood said:
Sorry, I don't mean you mate, what you said is true. School is very influential when it comes to music. The funny thing is that once you're a bit out of that scene, you'll find out what music you really like.
joost when are you going to reveiw the album i got you

joostebrood said:

I'm still in that scene but I think I've found music that I like now. Just hard to find people who share similar interests.

You enjoy it, so i don't really see why you want to find someone to "share similar interests".

Or is it that whole "crowd" thing?

-

BTW does anybody know where the Wu-Tnag Clan sampled the "Can it be all so simple then?" beat from?

Stringer Bell said:
You enjoy it, so i don't really see why you want to find someone to "share similar interests".

Or is it that whole "crowd" thing?

I enjoy it and wouldn't change to suit other people, but it's nice to have people to share it with, like if I really like a song there are only a few people that I'd be able to actually let listen without getting a "ewwww you listen to that". Well thats how it is in my area and at 6th form.

You don't think it's good to have things in common with your friends?

Anyone going to any festivals this year? I must admit most festivals don't offer a line-up that appeals to me. In Holland there's a few big festivals, where Pinkpop has the most history. In 1992 there was a legendary Pearl Jam concert there, with Eddie Vedder jumping off a pretty high positioned camera into the crowd. There also was a Pogues gig that got stopped after 2 songs because shane MacGowan was too drunk.

But that was then, these days it's bands like Tool, Franz Ferdinand and Placebo coming. Which will attract quite a few I reckon. It's just not my thing. I really want to go to Bonnaroo in America sometime. Saunders, ever been there?

I'll come up with a review once I have the time to listen to that album properly CSaunders. Too much music in my house, too much things going on lately.

bradley1886 said:
I enjoy it and wouldn't change to suit other people, but it's nice to have people to share it with, like if I really like a song there are only a few people that I'd be able to actually let listen without getting a "ewwww you listen to that". Well thats how it is in my area and at 6th form.

You don't think it's good to have things in common with your friends?
Is your area filled with London boys trying to act all NY and shit? lol

Stringer Bell said:
Is your area filled with London boys trying to act all NY and shit? lol

It is I'm afraid. But I just presumed that's how most of London is. I spend nearly all my time in and around Highbury (the area) and they are everywhere. I reckon my school is probably the worst for it though.

I live in Essex Road, just off Angel. And i go 6th form in Highbury Grove/Highbury Fields, which is where I spend most of my time. I can definatley see the difference to somewhere like Finchley or Hampstead, Highbury Grove is quite notorious for being full of dickheads, we were on a Dispatches investigation on C4 last year.

It's so influential, the amount of people who listen to hip hop and RnB in that place is scary, and if anyone listen to anything alternitive they'd get the piss taken out of them probably for the rest of their education.

rockykabir said:
What a Twat

I've had enough of these pretenders comparing themselves to greats :mad:

One of the probelms with Pete Doherty is , hes smoking way too much crack.

I think he should stick to the occasional Joint and the odd horse tranquiliser then maybe he will relise how unlike John Lennon he actually is.

bradley1886 said:
I live in Essex Road, just off Angel. And i go 6th form in Highbury Grove/Highbury Fields, which is where I spend most of my time. I can definatley see the difference to somewhere like Finchley or Hampstead, Highbury Grove is quite notorious for being full of dickheads, we were on a Dispatches investigation on C4 last year.

It's so influential, the amount of people who listen to hip hop and RnB in that place is scary, and if anyone listen to anything alternitive they'd get the piss taken out of them probably for the rest of their education.
LOL!

Finchley is my endz. :)

Used to live up n south london a while ago...

Anyways heard of a UK rapper called skinny man?

rockykabir said:
nah don't worry mate, just messing with ya ;)

Angel is not the best of places, but the uni halls area is very studenty. Just don't go walking down some parts of London at night with your Mr.T medallions :mrgreen:

tbh Angel isn't all that bad. The actual shopping place and Upper Street are pretty cool, it's when you venture into estates and side streets you can get into trouble.

I used to live in Lewisham so Angel is like a paradise.

I was watching MTV2 last night at about 5am and i saw Arctic Monkeys new video. It was pretty cool but I can't find it anywhere on the net. Maybe I dreamt it.

rockykabir said:
nah don't worry mate, just messing with ya ;)

Angel is not the best of places, but the uni halls area is very studenty. Just don't go walking down some parts of London at night with your Mr.T medallions :mrgreen:
LOL!

Your damn right about that one!

Back
Top Bottom