Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff Richard. Little Richard. Richie Rich and the Richards. Dick Richards. Rich Richard. The Richards. Ont Richarden. Les Richardements.

Professor Nutmeg said:
The Pixies rule, i remember getting into them through a friend in the late eighties, along with Dinosaur Jr and Jane's addiction.

Nutmeg, what's the best Dinosaur Jr album to get? I heard J Mascis' solo album 'More Light' and was really impressed. Totally agree about uni radio, my girlfriend was secretary and assistant manager of the radio station at UEA, so much scope for copying promo stuff... :mrgreen:

Lokil said:
Pearl Jam's first two albums where for the history books two of the greatest albums ever, I also like Oasis, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay and the beastie boys! :D

Pumpkins rule! I saw them on their farewell tour in 2001, they were absolutely amazing. 'Siamese Dream' is one of my favourite albums ever.

Bob Dylan, The Clash, Miles Davis, The Beatles,Mahler,Van Morrison,Bowie,The Who, the Stones,PJ Harvey, The Smiths, The Pixies, Neil Young,Otis Redding.

ProEvo said:
Am I right in sayin' there's a Pixies song at the end of Fight Club at it rockz!!!!! :D ;)

have you not heard luke playin it constantly thenbob, must ave by now. . . . .so you up for gettin this jeffers cup on then or what?? let me kno?

the smiths.....simply amazing. they were the best thing to ever happen to music.

I'm more into metal.... but being a guitarist I do enjoy the occasional Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix etc. Also like Coldplay (AMAZING new album). Metal bands I like are Trust Company, Evanescene, Korn, Linkin Park. Also punk is good.. liking some of SImple Plan's stuff and Good Charlotte...

-Noted Fear

Anyone else into the gunners? they are the greatest!

I like most music, I love punk covers. I just downloaded a great cover of that classic angels song, will I ever see you face again! Its great! :D

Favourite pumpkins song would have to be 1979 or disarm or its hard to decide theres so many great ones to choose from. :D

That new song from Coldplay `clock` i think its called is great as is the new song from Blur. :D

House of Pain jump around was a classic! :D
one of the guys is that white rapper Everlast!

ClassicD said:
First 3 White Stripes albums are also superb, seen them 3 times now, always great.

Just got De Stijl... it's awesome! :mrgreen:
Especially 'Apple Blossom' and 'Your Southern Can Is Mine'... one of the best albums I've heard in ages... :D

House of Pain, they're good.............all good Celtic fans too!! ;)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers new (ish?) album is good. And one of the best songs is now out.........Bangkok Nights (the Peugeot? ad with the Indian guy!).

FD

fd1972uk said:
Red Hot Chilli Peppers new (ish?) album is good. And one of the best songs is now out.........Bangkok Nights (the Peugeot? ad with the Indian guy!).

FD

By The Way is feckin class, my favourite song of the album is Dosed, think it's track 4. It's Banghra Nights, not Bangkok, :D :D :D ;) :mrgreen:

"Standin in line to see the show tonight, and theres a light on, heavy glow, by the way I tried to say i'd be there."

That "Cant stop" is ok but you cant understand a fookin word theyre saying for most of it its just like... da doo da dee da doodie doo doo Cant stop the spirits when the need you, something something something something something nation, da da da da da da da ???ation.

I found By the Way hugely disappointing, since most tracks sound the same. I thought it would be good, what with all the hype(at least with the people around me), but it just wasn't particularly good.

A good album I can recommend, despite being old, is Talib Kweli and Mos Def's album-Black Star. There are some good songs on that album

And on another note, the new Jedi Mind Tricks album, the Psycho Social LP, is out on the 20th May

fd1972uk said:

your never beat the ''Give It Away'' track by the peppers

People listen to Thrilogily (sp). It's a song by Powderfinger. It's on the Odyssey #5 cd.

great stuff, i love it.

Given de taste of music i've seen on this forum, i don't think you guys like this one: Estranged, it's a Guns n Roses song from the Use Your Illusion 2 album.

Best song ever.

Metallica - "nothing else matters"'

is Gods gift to manking in music, hit em up is also the greatest rap son ever! :D

Anyone with any musical sense should check out the new album by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.................QUALITY!!!!

Out this week, buy it now................or download it off KaZaa!!!!! ;)

The other day I pulled out my copys of GTA Vice City 'Flash & Wave' & played them in my car, theres some quality tracks on these :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom