Muting ball sounds?

Matt10

International
5 February 2004
Is it possible? Meaning you know when you pass or shoot - you hear the 'thud' of the ball very clearly - in most real life matches you can barely here this 'thud' due to the crowd noise, setting up a brilliant atmosphere.

I was wondering if anyone knew what files I would need to edit in order to 'mute' the ball 'thud' sound. I think this would be a great thing, small, but great.

Thanks!

I agree, I've thought about this alot of times. Not sure what files contain the ball strike sounds though. Ask in the editing forums and they might know. :)

Thx - admin could you please move this question to the editing forum for me, so that I don't clog up the forum with a new thread of the same nature.

Thanks!

You could just go through the sound files using DKZ Studio, until you hear the ball sound (there might me multiple files), then you can just extract those files, lower their volume (using a compatible editor) and insert them over the originals. Bingo. I agree that the ball sound seems too loud. Cba to change it though :)

I'll try that Houldey -thanks. What compatible editors would be...well compatible?

K tried playing all sound files (esound and osound) yesterday in DKZ with no hint of a ball sound or refree whistle; it's possible it's hardcoded into the game.

If anyone knows where its located, or what specifics to look for - plz let me know thx.

Oh yea, maybe it is in the EXE file? If so then you're pretty much screwed. Weird why they would do that though :S I might have a look once I re-install DKZ.

Back
Top Bottom