My game is too fast

MJ_Mohsen

The Dreamer
24 June 2005
My Room
Manchester United FC
alright guys, first of all, I did search the forums and didn't find anything to really explain this for me so I decided to make a new thread.
I got PES 6 and the first time I played it I kinda felt it was too fast for my taste, faster than PES 5 noticeably.
I don't know if it's my computer because people say it's slower than PES 5.

MY PC Specs:
Athlon 64 X2 3600+
Double 512 DDR II 667 OCZ
2 x GeForce 7300 GTs SLI

Last edited:
I had the same experience. After going between WE9:LE and PES6 a couple of times PES6 is noticably faster, atleast in many animations. The ball speed is somehow the same though so there is a certain unbalance in the speed of the ball and the speed of the players sometimes.

You should download the tweaked gameplay option file in PES6 OF downloads section.

It slows the game down, particularly the dribbling speed. The game plays more like an improvement on PES5 than an arcade game were you can run from the half way line at kick off to the corner flag without getting pressured by a defender.

It also has better passing and defender AI

The main problems are top speed, low passing and dribble speed. Low passes are extremely fast, the same as top speed.
Dribble speed is another key to realism. For instance, decrease dribble speed for all DMF, and they will become the termometer of the team. People will say "that's just stupid, you're ignoring the player's hability to move fast with the ball" but when you see all DMF in the world, you will notice that they take an extra second to think, because of their position. Then you can manually alter dribble speed for fast DMF, but there aren't many out there.

I prefer to set a very low ground pass speed to defenders. That also helps a lot to accurately recreate the timing of a match.

gergerger said:
The main problems are top speed, low passing and dribble speed. Low passes are extremely fast, the same as top speed.
Dribble speed is another key to realism. For instance, decrease dribble speed for all DMF, and they will become the termometer of the team. People will say "that's just stupid, you're ignoring the player's hability to move fast with the ball" but when you see all DMF in the world, you will notice that they take an extra second to think, because of their position. Then you can manually alter dribble speed for fast DMF, but there aren't many out there.

I prefer to set a very low ground pass speed to defenders. That also helps a lot to accurately recreate the timing of a match.
im sorry but i find it hard to agree with u...

The passes get slower when the player runs out of steam during the game, just turn the option off and have them with normal condition, im sure thats the problem with passing anyway.

Not for me. ;)

I am comparing passing to PES5 and WE9:LE. And the passes being slow I noticed in the beginning of the first match I played. The passes seem way to slow in proportion to how fast the players move, and many times have my players struck passes that are just way to slow to be even slightly realistic (For example passes that almost move slower than the boot that hit them which is physically impossible).

Players run like rockets. Accurate speed for an average player should be like 50-60, altough my friend here ronald_g4 will find it hard to believe.

Anyway, that's the way i see it. So, once you tweak the speed, you may realize how fast ground passes are in this game.

before you start using some odd option files force vsync to always on and set refresh rate to 60Hz
first few games i played i knew there is something wrong with the speed so i did those changes and pes6 now runs like dream
it is quite typical for some games to do that and i first noticed this in games that use unreal engine where with very fast pc things seem to run at odd speed and something as old as unreal 1 and ut1 would go at x5 speed if not more.

btw 60Hz in game wont make your eyes bleed

I did force the vsync on and with vsync on you can't use SLI, so I'm not even using SLI and the game runs only with my primary card and guess what? it's still too fast, at least for my taste. so I think it's not a graphical problem, it's the actual game's bug.
to that guy who said there's an option file which solves this bug, could you give me a link to that shit?

MJ_Mohsen said:
I did force the vsync on and with vsync on you can't use SLI, so I'm not even using SLI and the game runs only with my primary card and guess what? it's still too fast, at least for my taste. so I think it's not a graphical problem, it's the actual game's bug.
to that guy who said there's an option file which solves this bug, could you give me a link to that shit?

The link is in this thread -

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36137

It seemed alot more clunky when i started playing Pro evo 6, but now i have a few days playtime behind me, im loving the game.
I didnt notice a speed differential, especially as i was playing Pro Evo 5 right up to the point i switched.

The problem is that players go from the middle of the pitch to the goal area in a single rush of speed, like when you play in a little indoor pitch.
The pitch in pro evo is not small, leading to the inevitable conclusion that players run too fast.

Back
Top Bottom