My players are getting tired in 2-3 matches.

Ove Kindvall

Rotterdam Hooligans
26 January 2004
I'm playing a league on 3 stars(I'm not that good). I can use my players for a max of 2-3 games then they are to tired to play. Only the goalie and one player who have a stamina of 99 and condition of 7, I can use them for about 5-6 games.

My team strategy has only an "A" for counter attack and I'm not using the run button all the time.

When I was playing on 2 stars the 80% of the players were getting tired after 10-12 matches. The other 20% could play almost every match.

I know that I could turn of "accumulated fatique" but then the players only get tired during the match.

Why are my players getting tired so fast and how is it on 4,5 or 6 stars?

I have the same problem with my Serie A league mate...but I read before that in WE9 you cant just hold R1 for most of the game as your players will get very tired...Ir ead you have to let them jog about sometimes and not just make them sprint for the 90 minutes...Im so used to just holding the R1 button though:(

EDIT: I play on 5* or 6*.

Do the players show they are tired during the match? I mean do they limp or walk slower than their usual pace?

ElCinco said:
Do the players show they are tired during the match? I mean do they limp or walk slower than their usual pace?

For all I know and can see the players are slower at the end of the match, but maybe it's in my mind.

And I'm not using the R1 button all the time.

The best way to reduce this is train stamina (the stop watch) during the off-season. I play as liverpool and Gerrard is one of the few players to play most games. I often have to change one or two players of the first team every game. But this is a thing most top teams do if they have a tight schedule. It's annoying, and maybe over-done, but fairly realistic. Oh and keep in mind that most youngsters (16-21) in real football are rested often. So your younger players may need more rests.

That's not true, a lot of youngsters are not rested. But you realise like everyone else that this is yet another half-assed Konami feature, so I know I needn't preach.

As a way around it, if things get too bad simply save the game, re-load it and you'll have all your players fully fit and that includes accumulated fatigue AND stamina.

The concept of players tiring through a season is, of course, realistic. But knackered players after 3 or 4 games of a season? IRL, there are plenty of players who play nearly every game in a season, and indeed, playing frequently helps keeps their fitness levels and sharpness up. Burn out after 7 or 8 months is perfectly plausible, but 3 or 4 matches? Is this supposed to be the world's best professional footballers or pub footballers?

Nice tip, Cigol.

BK_83 said:
i hope theres a code for no accumulated fatigue... it can be done... but someone has to do it

It's an option you can turn on/off in the game settings screen.

ove if thats right then why is everyone complaining its a fun killer?

that would be awesome as it doesn;t sound too good to be fair,

can someone clarify you can turn it off (even if you cant, just do the load game thing that was mentioned)

grechzoo said:
can someone clarify you can turn it off (even if you cant, just do the load game thing that was mentioned)

Nope you cant turn it off.

And reloading doesnt seem to work either

Well, actually, reloading does work for me, and in fact I found a quicker method; simply saving the game. Not sure why it isn't working for you?

I just remembered...when I started ML, on my first game 3 of my players including Zidane could hardly run, adn when I looked at his stamina/condition-instead of there being a green bar-it was a tiny red bar...?

I'm on my 14th game in Master League...some players can play all the time now without getting tired, Zidane,Baptista,Beckham...but some are tired straight away..Robinho,Ronaldo,R.Carlos?

anybody know why?

I think you HAVE TO accumalte their fatigue in between each matches...which is a little training.

Thats what i heard from some boy on pesinisght.

I like the fatigue in the game. It adds a little strategy as far as signing players. You now need to look at stamina or buy 2 players to play the same position.

ANd when they are tired they do run slower.

Yeh they do run slower....they do everything slower, dribbling-runing-rwactions etc.

It annoys me how the keepers get tired so quickly...I mean they virtually do bugger all!

becanes said:
I like the fatigue in the game. It adds a little strategy as far as signing players. You now need to look at stamina or buy 2 players to play the same position.

ANd when they are tired they do run slower.

Yeah, agree with you.

I like these kind of elements in ML.....epecially when you've got a small squad.

Well, I happen to enjoy that feature, get decent player, and yongsters, and thats it, the young ones are alwayss willing to play, and they can gfrow as the regulars rest, and then the chain continues,
Its a cool feature

HAHAHAHAHA when u have a small squad you end up plying the sub-keeper as a striker hahahaha, or with a bunch of zombies rying to run hahahaha

Stringer Bell said:
Yeah, agree with you.

I like these kind of elements in ML.....epecially when you've got a small squad.

I'm playing with Portsmouth and it seems I have a small squad. 4 GK's. I think it actually forces you to change formations too which is good. You sometimes need to be creative.

Stringer Bell said:
Yeah, agree with you.

Yup gotta agree. This type of feature just makes the game so much more exciting and real.

I love it when my team is in a crisis for example I had only 3 strikers with Depor and one got injured for a month, the other one was always tired.. oh man we were fightin for releagtion... it was such exciting game.

BUT.. Konami should've made it in a way so this fatigue bullshit doesn't affect GKs. For fucks sake in real life unless a Goalie picks up a knock or injury.. they can play every game of the season. No goalie is rested.. like other outfield players but not in this game.

That's why I think it's a good idea to edit all GK's condition to 7 for my next data update, this way they can play all matches and get less tired.. perhaps raise their stamina each a bit too.

Of course certain players like Kirkland will be given proper Inujry tolerance and Condition as well ;) but on a general note, I think this is a good idea.

I'm out.

PLF said:
BUT.. Konami should've made it in a way so this fatigue bullshit doesn't affect GKs. For fucks sake in real life unless a Goalie picks up a knock or injury.. they can play every game of the season. No goalie is rested.. like other outfield players but not in this game.

Yeah man,agreed. Ridiculous how GK's are fatigued after 2-3 matches. I usually don't sub them though, unless there's a dip in their form arrows.

But for outfield players, it's great as we now forced to rotate the squad better. More strategy on team selection, do I now rest a star player for a less important match, which I think i'll win and keep him fresh for a top of the table clash 2 fixtures down.

Also I like the fact that palyers can be injured more even without being tackled. Does anyone know/obsevered if we persist in fielding a fatigued player will they be more likely to get injured. Or is it purely based on the condition/injury stats.

Cheers.

but not 2-3 matches. neither player, unless he's very weak, shouldn't be tired after 3 matches in 3 weeks. that is absurd.
i don't now yet how it's in 1 division, but there are 2 games in week mostly so it can be terrible.

do you realize you must change squad in 75-80 % in every 3 matches?!!
that is not realistic!!

3 or 4 (maybe) players would be fun, but hell no 9!!

and about stamina: how it can be that almost every japanise player in this game has 6 in condition and lots of european players have 5 or 4? only a little of them has 6 or 7.

Exactly spoon itd be more realistic if it was maybe every 7/8 matches...coz lets face it....most pro's can last mroe than 3 bloody games without having to rest....some players can last a whole season!!

Havent played ML yet (waiting for PES5). But in Cup-mode the fatigue seem realistic. Like someone said, the fatigue effects are the worst in the first matches of the season. And players get a small amount of fatigues from 1-2 games, but the fatigue bar doesnt grow much from there.
So you can field the same guys, but there will be slight effect of fatigue, which infact sometimes goes away, even if the player played the last match.

Back
Top Bottom