My verdict on xbox 360 version

LORDC007

League 2
4 February 2004
well i own the ps2, pc and now the xbox 360 version of pro evo 6 and i think it's basically a bag of crap!!! the graphics are crap and not a touch on pc version plus no editing. tried playing online but i can't get used to the controls. i know people will say i'm wrong but this is just my opinion

well i own the ps2, pc and now the xbox 360 version of pro evo 6 and i think it's basically a bag of crap!!! the graphics are crap and not a touch on pc version plus no editing. tried playing online but i can't get used to the controls. i know people will say i'm wrong but this is just my opinion

Sorry to hear that mate :-(

In your opinion, which version/console is the best?

PS2 version is best in terms of Content. Graphics on the 360 version are obviously a little bit bettter... They look Cartoony though and all pitches look rough and cut up in places.....

Dj

Your having monkeys how can you say graphics dont look better then PC when 360 uses updated engine it looks much brighter and better and PC uses PS2 engine. :eh:

Ye ok there no Gears of War but they are better then the PC version thats for sure dont get when people say this. :/

Seriously either something wrong with your TV do you use SDTV then there certainly a problem with colours its should be night and day.

Your having monkeys how can you say graphics dont look better then PC when 360 uses updated engine it looks much brighter and better and PC uses PS2 engine. :eh:

Ye ok there no Gears of War but they are better then the PC version thats for sure dont get when people say this. :/

Seriously either something wrong with your TV do you use SDTV then there certainly a problem with colours its should be night and day.

The reason is quite simple, its about overall effect. The 360 version probably has nicer pitches, and thats it. It looks brighter yes, but not better. The players models, faces, animations are awful compared to PC/PS2.

I personally think the higher res brings out the graphical faults of PES360, especially put along side Fifa 07.

kinda reminds me of how i hated pes1 on the ps2. Controls are just not fluid enough for me. The Ps2 version plays so well, but this xbox360 version, in the views of another user on this forum, is just a demo. Konami will fix it in time i hope, but this was a poor POOR effort.

I think the graphics are better on pc version on top settings everything maxed out plus with kitserver all the stadiums, balls, boots etc.... just make the game alot more playable i even prefer fifa on xbox

I personally think the higher res brings out the graphical faults of PES360

Yes it does. I dont even care about PES6 but I did download the 360 demo and I have the PC version and overall the PS2/XBOX/PC versions do look better. The colors used in the 360 version look "neon" and utterly unrealistic in any way shape or form............

^ Spot on I think it looks too cartoony and out of this whack world on the 360. Its because Konami havent developed a Proper Next Gen GFX Engine yet. Similar to the old days of PES1 and PES2. It was PES3 that saw the GFX Engine Change.

Dj

after getting used to it i think the 360s version is the best by far and i have all 3. The PS2 version is proper slow for me

Love PC version but 360 is hard to beat for online...that is when your not playing against Brazil/France or Inter/Barca... with the whole Adriano/Henry tactic....Just enjoy a good competitive game........

Sorry but I agree that the graphics on the PC are much better, although on an HDTV the 360 version runs it close. Also, is it just me or is this game best played with a PS2 controller. The dodgy D-pad on the 360 doesn't help.

PE6 on 360 looks like a rushed effort. Hopefully number 7 will realise the potential.

The gameplay on the 360 version is exactly what you would expect if we take the 360 controller configuration and layout,now as for the graphics please consider that:

1.It`s so early to burry 360 graphical capabilities,but the truth is to be honest that it could be much more better than this.

2.All comes down to the PS3 european launch and PES 2007 comparison,as it is 2 things i can think of that PES 6 is lacking in many ways,first one is the competition issue with PS3 if they produced a PES 6 that could ride the edges of the 360 then,the console would sell thousands of units,thus leaving PS3 behind.My second thought is simple they couldn`t understand the capabilities of 360 as it is almost new console,and they have just ported PES 6 from PC version with better polished graphics.

I have 360 and i am fully satisfied with the rest of the game genres that i prefer(racing,adventure),but in terms of soccer i will stick to my old good PS2 which still plays much more better than everything else.At least until the new version comes out.

pes 2007 is a north american release and will be pretty well the same as pro evo 6...I spoke to Konami last week and they told me that PRO evo 7 will be the true next installment in the series, the PS3 AND 360 versions will be identical in every way exept for the online aspect, they would neither confirm nor deny a complete editing suite, i suspect it WILL have one. Also there was no indication of a release date. BUT Winning eleven, 11 is due soonish in japan, that has to be for PS3 TOO, and that game is usually a good indication of what we will be getting on PRO EVO.

The gameplay on the 360 version is exactly what you would expect if we take the 360 controller configuration and layout
I agree. I use a wired 360 controller on my PC and to me PES6 on the PC and from the PES6 demo on the 360 I played, they play the same game of soccer, but I've always used the analog so I guess I can see where those old school d-pad fellows are coming from also.

1.It`s so early to burry 360 graphical capabilities,but the truth is to be honest that it could be much more better than this...
Huh..? That's a curious statement, to even hint at burying the 360's "graphical capabilities."

Seen Gears of War..? :D

The shortcomings of PES on the 360 are entirely the fault of the developer.

It could have been so much more...

It's gd, a lot more realistic i think compared to how easy the PC/PS2 versions r, so all round i think Konami have fooked up big time this year

well for me the pc version wins hands down.... and i own all 3 like i said, and everyone goes on about the 360 graphics but then has to bring gears of war into the conversation which has nothing to do with pro evo!! let's hope pes7 is big improvement

Back
Top Bottom