My view on the state of Konami and PES6/PES7

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
Before anyone reads this i'd like to say the guys trying to get PES6 sorted with e-mails and phone calls, good luck and hopefully you will get it sorted but take some of this into account.

The game isn't that bad! at first i was like the gameplay was bad, no options, sprinting rubbish but now i've got used to it i love it! with a bit of help from some people on here.

the only gripes i'd say i have with the game are not enough options, but when you take into account the time they had to get the game ready for release its done ok. look at Tiger 06, Madden 06, NBA 2k6 for examples of lacking features due to time and then the new ones this year are amazing in my opinion. these companies are making new game engines for the 360 and nobody seems to take that into account. the amount of programming that goes into making PES what it is today is huge! the AI in the game is better then FIFA and thats why it takes so long! also EA have far more people working on their games compared to Konami. FIFA may look great and i made the mistake buying it as well as PES6 (its been returned i'd like to add!) but the core gameplay still isn't a touch PES6.

I've heard people saying they'd rather a delay! its all to easy to say delay the game so we get a good one but then everyone would be complaining about the delay just like everyone is complaining about the state of the game.

There also seems to be people having problems online, i'm not having these problems but definitely that needs sorting out.

The keepers are a bit rubbish in certain areas but whats new with that, it happens every year. the keepers are good but no where near perfect and your always gonna find a weakness in them. tell me a game where you couldn't?

No replays, ok this is a bad one...this definitely should have been sorted for release.

If you can get Konami to sort this out then good on you guys but in my honest opinion they aren't gonna do anything till PES7 and we are going to have to take it on the chin and live with it. if you don't like the game, get it on PS2 instead, job done.

SEABASS has already gone on record that everything will be sorted in PES7 anyway so thats another reason i don't expect anything to be done. also remember PES7 production starts as soon as PES6 finishes so where are they gonna have the time to update PES6!

PES6 on 360 is a good game, yeah it could of been better but life goes on and PES7 will be out in a year.

But like i said, if you can get this game sorted then good luck to ya, however in my opinion there is no chance.

And this needed it's own thread as opposed to being posted as a direct follow-up in the threads this is aimed at?

The problem with PES7 is its going to be the first game for the PS3 so it will have the same development problems as the XBox 360 version.

Konami only care about Japan so they will port the PS2 version to all systems including the Xbox 360 version again

Sorry but your going to have to wait until PES 8 before you get a proper developed game using the true power of the systems

Seabass has said that the PC is the base development platform for the next gen versions. PS3 and 360 versions will be 'ported' from the PC.

the only gripes i'd say i have with the game are not enough options, but when you take into account the time they had to get the game ready for release its done ok. look at Tiger 06, Madden 06, NBA 2k6 for examples of lacking features due to time and then the new ones this year are amazing in my opinion. these companies are making new game engines for the 360 and nobody seems to take that into account. the amount of programming that goes into making PES what it is today is huge! the AI in the game is better then FIFA and thats why it takes so long! also EA have far more people working on their games compared to Konami. FIFA may look great and i made the mistake buying it as well as PES6 (its been returned i'd like to add!) but the core gameplay still isn't a touch PES6.

Amusing argument but for two essential elements. Firstly it was nokami's choice to wait to release a game instead of doing an EA and releasing poor first nextgen versions, however they have done it a year into the consoles lifespan with more then enough time to develope a decent game.

Secondly they choose not to have as many people working on the game and producing it "cheaply" yet we still have to pay the same, actually more then the fifa games (over here in NL i saw fifa for 59euro and pes6 for 65euro in a mainstream shop, like hmv in england).

I've heard people saying they'd rather a delay! its all to easy to say delay the game so we get a good one but then everyone would be complaining about the delay just like everyone is complaining about the state of the game.

But a delay isnt costing us for the "pleasure"

The keepers are a bit rubbish in certain areas but whats new with that, it happens every year.

Yeah lets NOT complain and they will realise it as they havent for years :lol: great thinking mate.

SEABASS has already gone on record that everything will be sorted in PES7 anyway so thats another reason i don't expect anything to be done.

Agree, however its time they realise that if they continue with the same shit of the currentgen they will lose customers. And they will pay attention to that.

astirling said:
Seabass has said that the PC is the base development platform for the next gen versions. PS3 and 360 versions will be 'ported' from the PC.

It uses the PS2 engine in PES6 360 version is visually better graphics wise. :)

So unless Konami are going to make next PC version look like 360 then your statement would be correct.

Its not like they couldnt it was about time that PC users had a better engine a long time ago. :)

the only gripes i'd say i have with the game are not enough options, but when you take into account the time they had to get the game ready for release its done ok.
They've had at least a year... how much time do you want them to have. If you consider that they allegedly rewrote the PS2 graphics engine in potentially 6 months (the time between PES3 and the subsequent WE), porting the PC engine to a pretty much identical platform is a minor task. The game is a disgrace considering the amount of time they have had.

these companies are making new game engines for the 360 and nobody seems to take that into account. the amount of programming that goes into making PES what it is today is huge!
The amount of programming involved in porting a seven year old logic core and a DirectX based graphics engine isn't huge... but hey, if that's what you want to believe then that's your choice. About 80% of what you are seeing is from PES1... just watch the animations and the entrance scenes, they're identical... and the bugs... and the glitches... and the flaws etc...

A delay doesn't cost people £50 and result in a shoddy product, hardly the same thing really.

There also seems to be people having problems online, i'm not having these problems but definitely that needs sorting out.
Then you should speak to Konami and tell them how you've sorted the problems they acknowledge are there and are fixing (supposedly).

If you can get Konami to sort this out then good on you guys but in my honest opinion they aren't gonna do anything till PES7 and we are going to have to take it on the chin and live with it. if you don't like the game, get it on PS2 instead, job done.
So you think that after them ripping us off, they actually deserve a second purchase of the game on another system, because they couldn't be bothered to do a proper job??? Are you from Konami marketting at all? I don't think we're taking it on the chin, we're having it shoved up our... well, you know!

SEABASS has already gone on record that everything will be sorted in PES7 anyway so thats another reason i don't expect anything to be done. also remember PES7 production starts as soon as PES6 finishes so where are they gonna have the time to update PES6!
...and of course, he always tells the truth... like the bits about the PS2 hardware limiting the games potential and how the next gen consoles would let them produce the game they want it to be. I tell you, you make our lives so easy in the games industry... some developers can churn out half a$$ed games and people are still stupid enough to think it's worth the money they spend... and then they wonder why they get half a$$ed games...

cos you keep on buying them!!! Don't buy them and you won't get them... if they don't sell, the companies will be forced to put more effort in.

PES6 on 360 is a good game, yeah it could of been better but life goes on and PES7 will be out in a year.
Whether the game is good or not is not the issue, the issue of contention is whether it is a full priced product... and it isn't. It is half the game the PC version is and it should have been half the price.

Back
Top Bottom