My wonderful girlfriend has bought me a 360!!!

Willows

Non-League
21 October 2006
How the heck do i get the option file??
I got it for ps2 and it's awesome, now i've got a whole new console i know absolutely NOTHING about!!!
Any help is appreciated!

There's no way of getting an option file on the 360 without an extra piece of kit (XSATA I think it's called) and a bit of computing knowledge.

Now PM me on where to pick up your girlfriend. ;)

So tell me exactly what to do, where to get the kit, how much etc and then i'll explain to the mrs what is going to happen!!
Always been a playstation man so i haven't a bloody clue what i'm doing!!

There aren't any PES6 XBOX 360 option files available at the minute because the encryption that people are trying to fiddle with hasn't been cracked (from what I've read), but you can get the XSATA kit HERE, or on eBay if you look hard enough.

Even if the encryption never gets cracked though, I'm still legally entitled to one night with your girlfriend (which will give you precious time with PES6 so it works out great for both of us). :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
So in terms of keeping pro evo up to date the 360 is behind even the ps2? So i can't get the proper premiership kits/badges/names etc?

Ah, I've only just noticed that you've only been here for a month, sorry, I thought you knew the situation with the 360 (considering the uproar there's been about it).

On the 360 all you can edit is player names and stats. Absolutely, positively, nothing else can be edited (unless the option file encryption is cracked, which may or may not ever happen).

This is (allegedly) due to Microsoft telling Konami to release the game urgently to compete with FIFA 07, rather than take their time. Which has also resulted in the "shot lag" bug online making it practically impossible to put a shot under the crossbar (although Konami have said there's a patch purely for online lag issues in the works).

Last edited by a moderator:
So why the hell have i got a 360 in the first place?!! I ONLY play pro evo therefore the option file is of the highest importance!! Also i always edit my sunday team into it and play master league with them, so basically pro evo on 360 is the version you buy not the version you end up with after a week or so of editing?!
I can't believe what i'm reading!! Absolutely shocking!

How long before they get the licenses? Another 5 bloody years probably!!
Piss take!
Thanks for the help lads,
The deal's off with the mrs!! Sorry!

Bugger. I'd taken a shower and everything. Oh well.

But to answer your questions, yeah, you can't put anything into the 360 game apart from change player names and stats. What you get is what you get, so you'll always have e.g. Merseyside Red v East London White, whether you play online or offline. And you won't be able to change them until this time next year when PES7 emerges.

Hence why I'm glad FIFA 07 on the 360 plays a decent game of football... No lag either. Just a shame that (as with PES) every online game just HAS to be against Barcelona, Brazil, Inter Milan, Chelsea etc...

Back
Top Bottom