----NANI e ANDERSON signed for Manchester United---

Arsene can't stop buying players from France and now it's Portugal for Sir Alex. :mrgreen:

England are gonna be so shite. \\:o/ :lmao:

FD

not the case I think. People will look up to these class players playing in our league and try to emulate their skills. We could could get a generation of Henrys and Ronaldos rather than more Jermaine Jenas and Darren Bents

Soon, more talented portuguese players (except Anderson) will sign for more clubes like United and Real Madrid.

Whats happening with Quaresma? I'm surprised the mancs didn't go in for him, he'd be more expensive than Nani and Anderson though wouldn't he?

Quaresma is followed by Inter, Atlético de Madrid and The Arsenal, Pepe and Luisão will be possibily the new defensive central backs of Juventus.

Not really noticed Anderson that much to rate him but Nani looked like a good player when I watched Sporting - Inter, still I don't think it is much for worry about for other teams though. I may be an overly biased Liverpool fan but I don't think Nani or Anderson will get straight in the first team, probably go out on loan I reckon or at least one of them will to 'mature' a bit.

I apologise to all Benfica fans who may disagree but Luisão is one of the most over rated defenders I have ever seen, along with Alex (PSV) and Materazzi (Inter)

Not really noticed Anderson that much to rate him but Nani looked like a good player when I watched Sporting - Inter, still I don't think it is much for worry about for other teams though. I may be an overly biased Liverpool fan but I don't think Nani or Anderson will get straight in the first team, probably go out on loan I reckon or at least one of them will to 'mature' a bit.

I apologise to all Benfica fans who may disagree but Luisão is one of the most over rated defenders I have ever seen, along with Alex (PSV) and Materazzi (Inter)

i can say to you that anderson will be the future of football with messi. he get´s a injured this season and failed very months but he´s a TOP STAR PLAYER
ferguson must put him in the first team.

not the case I think. People will look up to these class players playing in our league and try to emulate their skills. We could could get a generation of Henrys and Ronaldos rather than more Jermaine Jenas and Darren Bents

Personally can't see it, why mention Jenas and Bents? There's no new Gerrards or Owen's out there.

FD

why mention Jenas and Bents? There's no new Gerrards or Owen's out there.

FD

I said a generation. That's why I mentioned two average players. Owen and Gerrard are one offs, you could argue that Walcott is the new Owen and he was influenced by Henry, so it's working in part.

That isn't necessarily true.
You need to have good recruitment and good youth training centre's.
Two examples. In 1986 Belgium was fourth in the World Cup after being loosing finalist at the Euro 1980. Football got an enormous boost and everybody was sure that from 1995 on Belgium would have plenty of good youth players and an absolute top team from 2000 on...we've never been worse because there were no youth structures and bad recruitment.
Now our national A team is on an absolute low point, but we have very, very good youth teams who are in the top five in Europe..we have better youth centre's and good coaching...

English football has too much money flowing through it that it'll never create the kind of stars that Brazil and Portugal create. These players come from a poor background and master their skills to survive and feed their families rather than paying for sports cars and hookers.

English football has too much money flowing through it that it'll never create the kind of stars that Brazil and Portugal create. These players come from a poor background and master their skills to survive and feed their families rather than paying for sports cars and hookers.

Totaly correct

Saw this Nani guy with Portugal against Belgium...scored the first goal for Portugal after breaking Carl Hoefkens nose with his elbow in the same action...really great player...

Portugal was by far the better team but they scored both goals after blatant fouls...

Well, as a Sporting supporter I can only tell you that Nany is almost 'unstoppable'! He's really very talented. Great bought by Manchester United. Anderson is almost a very talented player. But I must aware you all: Portuguese National team, in these next 4/5 years, will be able to defeat any other National team. We really have very talented players, most of them coming from the great Sporting's players school... :D

Totaly correct
I quote. As an example, Sporting CP takes some players from the powerty and gives them the oportunity of becoming great stars. It happened with Quaresma, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani, for example. No intention of being critical, but I think that England (and France, Germany, Spain, ...) don't bet on youth formation, so they usually have a National Team only for 2/3/4 years...

P.S. - Just an example, Sporting CP is making a deal with Rabiu Ibrahim, an under-17 player from Nigeria, appointed as the best player at the under-17 African Championship. Just to show you how Sporting CP bets in the youth formation... ;)

Saw this Nani guy with Portugal against Belgium...scored the first goal for Portugal after breaking Carl Hoefkens nose with his elbow in the same action...really great player...

Portugal was by far the better team but they scored both goals after blatant fouls...

Did Hoefkens have a good game?

Back
Top Bottom