NBA 2K General Thread

I've seen a rise in European 2k players.
Ps has it,Xbox game pass has had it a few months,and suddenly a lot of my mates are playing more basketball.
We have a 5 man team playing online pretty much every night which is fun.
Good break from my offline gaming

I've seen a rise in European 2k players.
Ps has it,Xbox game pass has had it a few months,and suddenly a lot of my mates are playing more basketball.
We have a 5 man team playing online pretty much every night which is fun.
Good break from my offline gaming
There was also a big welcome topic in 2k reddit for new players, so i assume a lot new wave people came in, like me, by the recent giveaways of Sony and Microsoft.

Whatever the game flaws can be, which exist, 2K teaches franchise management and modern marketing.

There was also a big welcome topic in 2k reddit for new players, so i assume a lot new wave people came in, like me, by the recent giveaways of Sony and Microsoft.

Whatever the game flaws can be, which exist, 2K teaches franchise management and modern marketing.
Yeah for instance when it hit game pass I got 30k of VC as a bonus (though I already had the game).
But they're good at those things.

Yeah for instance when it hit game pass I got 30k of VC as a bonus (though I already had the game).
But they're good at those things.
Αnd for another year, fantastic content. MyGM, MyLeague, Mycareer, MyMyMy!!!!The full or half court draftpick matches in the outcourt-hood. I need a second life to try all those!!!

Αnd for another year, fantastic content. MyGM, MyLeague, Mycareer, MyMyMy!!!!The full or half court draftpick matches in the outcourt-hood. I need a second life to try all those!!!
Yeah it's massive,it's my first year playing park/REC/Pro Am,plus my usual Myleague (3rd season).

Yeah it's massive,it's my first year playing park/REC/Pro Am,plus my usual Myleague (3rd season).
Dude since you are the expert here, two questions:

1) MyGM is like Cub Boss mode in PES 2012, where you are the GM and you play both the games? Correct?

2) I want to create a new team in the expanded NBA league in MyLeague, but it always generates me a generic roster, while i want to create a squad with Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant and 10 random free agent MoFos!!!! :P Is that possible, or i must edit an existing team and transfer both of them in there>?

1 yes
2 you should find historic rosters.
You can search for rosters that has those players in,DL then edit to your liking in rosters creator.

Then when you start up a new ML,you'll have an option of using standard rosters or not (on Xbox you press Y) and when you chose edited/downloaded rosters the one you want pops up and you just select that one
Think this explains it better

OK. Here is my next level questions. What settings should I have for shooting? Now I have timing for both free throws and shoots + layups.
The problem is I loose so many layups and dunk possibilities due to bad timing. In myLeague in Pro difficulty, I am now in an embarrassing 2-7 run.
In my last match, I lost for 30+ points against Lakers, I am Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 BTW, and I had below 22% FG shoots and turnovers 9 but 0 converted to points, due to the so many open layups I miss.

It is obvious that I am a noob, but +30 points defeats is too much, when in Rookie difficulty I dominate games.

Also i think I will try this set of sliders. But I see in this topic they strongly suggest Real Player %, or timing in shots only. I am a little bit confused.
https://forums.operationsports.com/...chnaidt1s-2k20-myleague-gameplay-sliders.html
If you play with a player lock (fixed cursor) playing real player% isn't the best thing,you'll probably play some other game mode at some point where you have to rely on timing,get used to it!

Still suggest the best and most realistic sliders out there

I play these on Hall of fame 12 min qtrs.
Best sliders out there.

Are you using buttons or sticks when shooting,sticks are much better for timing

If you play with a player lock (fixed cursor) playing real player% isn't the best thing,you'll probably play some other game mode at some point where you have to rely on timing,get used to it!

Still suggest the best and most realistic sliders out there

I play these on Hall of fame 12 min qtrs.
Best sliders out there.

Are you using buttons or sticks when shooting,sticks are much better for timing
Mainly buttons. Try to Master stick shooting, since 2014, but still with failure.
For peripheral shoots I can't feel the pace of the timing at all with R-stick, resulting in shooting some bricks. From inside the key, I try more often R-stick. 3 of 10 times I produce some nice free style layup dives. 7 of 10 I result miss completely the timing again and either I miss a free FG that I could score when I was 10 years old in real life, or I do a shoot feint but then been trapped inside 1 or 2 opponents pressing me and stealing me the ball.

Probably I'll go with the sliders you posted. In pro difficulty though. No hope for me in HoF difficulty, for sure.

P. S. : why every one gives a tag name of slider set sharing? We can download sliders in the same way we download Rosters?

Last edited:
Yeah you can download settings/rosters/slider setting straight from the game.

Here's the thing with sliders on 2k, Difficulty doesn't apply,only if you play vanilla,pre existing settings e.g. rookie-pro-ss etc.
Once you start fiddling with sliders,let's say from Pro, they become "custom" and difficulty doesn't apply,only what setting you have set for your sliders.

If CPU three point shooting accuracy is set to 45 on pro,they're probably on 55-60 for HoF,that's how vanilla pre set settings work.

These are very tough,but!
Set them up or download them as they are,then of you feel the CPU beats you very easily,adjust shooting for the CPU to make them miss a bit more,when comfortable,raise them back.

The good thing with these are that they're very realistic
You or the CPU may go on runs,the CPU or you may have 20-5 runs happening,making it realistic.

On stick shooting,it's easy to learn,but playing as a whole team,controlling every player,that means they have 10-12 different jump shots to learn, everyone shoots differently.
But like, controlling only one player,I know his shot (well it's a copy of myself) and thstakes it easier,plus when he doesn't play,the game Sims/skips to your next shift,making 12 min qtrs very enjoyable.
There's a an option were to set that in your myleague main screen

Yeah you can download settings/rosters/slider setting straight from the game.

Here's the thing with sliders on 2k, Difficulty doesn't apply,only if you play vanilla,pre existing settings e.g. rookie-pro-ss etc.
Once you start fiddling with sliders,let's say from Pro, they become "custom" and difficulty doesn't apply,only what setting you have set for your sliders.

If CPU three point shooting accuracy is set to 45 on pro,they're probably on 55-60 for HoF,that's how vanilla pre set settings work.

These are very tough,but!
Set them up or download them as they are,then of you feel the CPU beats you very easily,adjust shooting for the CPU to make them miss a bit more,when comfortable,raise them back.

The good thing with these are that they're very realistic
You or the CPU may go on runs,the CPU or you may have 20-5 runs happening,making it realistic.

On stick shooting,it's easy to learn,but playing as a whole team,controlling every player,that means they have 10-12 different jump shots to learn, everyone shoots differently.
But like, controlling only one player,I know his shot (well it's a copy of myself) and thstakes it easier,plus when he doesn't play,the game Sims/skips to your next shift,making 12 min qtrs very enjoyable.
There's a an option were to set that in your myleague main screen
Thanx mate. Yes I know the difficulty becomes custom once slides are tuned, but I read everywhere, on OpSports, even in the description of the video you posted, they say, set difficulty to Hof, then start setting sliders in order to take proper effect.
I assume this maybe a placebo or a general theory.

About the shooting, this you mention is very crucial. Playing with 12 men is almost impossible to remember everyone shooting style.

Thanx mate. Yes I know the difficulty becomes custom once slides are tuned, but I read everywhere, on OpSports, even in the description of the video you posted, they say, set difficulty to Hof, then start setting sliders in order to take proper effect.
I assume this maybe a placebo or a general theory.

About the shooting, this you mention is very crucial. Playing with 12 men is almost impossible to remember everyone shooting style.
Yeah go for a player lock,much more convenient,plus if that player has 28-30 min ,you can easily play 12 min qtrs.
Don't be afraid to use SIM either,I usually play first qtr,then sim 2+3 and jump in when 4th starts,that way you can have good stats but also play more games

You can always start with pro at set the sliders from there ,see if it's good?

Yeah go for a player lock,much more convenient,plus if that player has 28-30 min ,you can easily play 12 min qtrs.
Don't be afraid to use SIM either,I usually play first qtr,then sim 2+3 and jump in when 4th starts,that way you can have good stats but also play more games

You can always start with pro at set the sliders from there ,see if it's good?
Tested the sliders yesterday night. 5min periods though. Play a 12min period is almost imposible for me this week.

From a quick check in two matches, i did much better than before, IE in my second match against Lakers i was toe-to-toe with them, until 3rd period, then i lost and i won my next match with +5, don't remember the opponent :( . Switched shooting to RealPlayer% btw.

The general flow and motion is much better with these sliders to be honest, due to increased gamespeed slider, , much better response. But the zeros (0) in many areas killed me. For example 0 in ball protection, reminded me much of NBA Live! :) (hold your fire here, don't shoot me gentelmen!), almost every unportected contact resulted in a loose ball.

Basically i approximatelly understood which sections i need to tune for my taste from default sliders, like increase 3pts, midrange shoots, for sure Dunking in haevy traffic, this part of dunking is like 2K were affraid of dunking when they created 2k20.

But i am too NOOB to play with this set, as it comes.

Tested the sliders yesterday night. 5min periods though. Play a 12min period is almost imposible for me this week.

From a quick check in two matches, i did much better than before, IE in my second match against Lakers i was toe-to-toe with them, until 3rd period, then i lost and i won my next match with +5, don't remember the opponent :( . Switched shooting to RealPlayer% btw.

The general flow and motion is much better with these sliders to be honest, due to increased gamespeed slider, , much better response. But the zeros (0) in many areas killed me. For example 0 in ball protection, reminded me much of NBA Live! :) (hold your fire here, don't shoot me gentelmen!), almost every unportected contact resulted in a loose ball.

Basically i approximatelly understood which sections i need to tune for my taste from default sliders, like increase 3pts, midrange shoots, for sure Dunking in haevy traffic, this part of dunking is like 2K were affraid of dunking when they created 2k20.

But i am too NOOB to play with this set, as it comes.
Ball protection is key Slammy, lure them in by not protecting at times,then make your move.
This game has massive amounts of Nuance's

I have my player protecting at pretty much all times,except when making a move,or after setting a screen.
The flow of this is amazing.

Ball protection is key Slammy, lure them in by not protecting at times,then make your move.
This game has massive amounts of Nuance's

I have my player protecting at pretty much all times,except when making a move,or after setting a screen.
The flow of this is amazing.
Also something irrelevant to the game itself, but relevant to NBA. Trying to play MyLeague in modern NBA, I realized that I strongly hate almost every new star player. From most hated to less hated I can evaluate: James LeBron, Harden, Carmelo, Wade, this Davis? guy from the cover with the white awe full undershirt, Brooks....

Basically I only like Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry.

That's why I prefer classic teams although they break immersion. So many beloved players two decades ago aka 2000-2009 : Kobe (RIP), "Alien" Iverson, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili (can't find him in 2k20), Steve Nash, Derek Fischer, Mike Finley, Mutombo, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, Rashid Wallace, Jermain O'Neil and so so many others.

Don't know, maybe I am stuck with "nostalgia" Googles.. :)

There's a lot of new good and likeable players,though the classic ones you mentioned are something else,but there's probably some nostalgia to it as well.
Same with Ronaldo/, Ronaldinho/and All 90 s plus s Vs now.

Though the two you mentioned are my least favourites,SC and KD,maybe because I don't like the warriors:)

Not sure if there is a separate topic for NBA 2K series in general, so I'd just post it here:

Wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. What's the best NBA 2k game for you? From what I read online, 2k11 and 2k13 are considered top. Is there an agreed "pes5/6" of the series?
2. What are the best NBA 2k mods, especially for those older titles? Any individual mods worth of attention or a database you know? Can be classic mods, new season updates or anything else?

Cheers guys,

I'm probably more of a basketball than football nerd so I feel qualified to claim NBA 2k13 is THE GAME. :DD It's a solid all-round game with some flaws but none too glaring. It's main draw is the - and this is not a joke - best & most comprehensive video game mod I've ever played: URB 2k13

- rosters for all individual NBA seasons since the 60's or so
- compilation roster with all the best teams ever (Elite Roster, '96 Bulls, '86 Celtics, '00 Lakers, etc.)
- realistic player stats & tendencies for everyone and it's really noticeable.
- all teams run set plays and they run the right ones (historically accurate and only the ones the AI can handle)
- a huge update is on the way (stats & tendencies are done but the main modder hasn't posted in a month)
- mod includes a good slider set. I just had to add a few tweaks. Decreased my shooting & on-ball defense, as well as made the AI much better at stealing the ball (interior passing was too easy).

I modified two of the rosters for personal use but can share them if there's interest.
- Tweaked the 80sAllTimeRoster to act as a fantasy draft base. You & the AI can draft 12 men teams from among all the best players in history. I love this as team building exercises, like what would be the ideal team to build around Bird, Garnett, Pippen, etc.?
- for that one & the Elite roster I edited some player attributes, Play types (which decide which types of plays are run for which player) and most importantly the Touch Tendency which means that star players will have the play run through them most of the time. In the default mod, the role players had too much primacy for my tastes. This also makes the game harder as stars are obviously tougher to defend. Role players now get most of their shots because the star drew the attention of their defender and they were left open...as it should be :))

I can't overstate how much I love this mod!

Last edited:
Need to get into this or MLB The Show......but I'm too lazy to learn the buttons after playing football games all my life.

Need to get into this or MLB The Show......but I'm too lazy to learn the buttons after playing football games all my life.

I enjoy the Road To The Show mode quite a bit. I've heard some complaints in MLBTS: 20, but it's still worth checking out. Despite being American, I never really appreciated or had a vested interest in baseball until 2016. I had a passing interest when I was a little kid. I've been to Fenway Park a few times which was a good time, but to be honest, I kind of scoffed at the sport out of ignorance. Once I learned the finer details and realized that baseball is a lot like chess, I grew very fond of it. The mixture of my entry level baseball knowledge and lack of mastery over the controls makes RTTS a very compelling mode because it feels like an actual struggle to get from the minors to the major league.

Every at bat feels like a cup final, no joke. I remember I finally got a run of form, getting my batting average up, got called up to triple AAA, was doing fairly well, then boom - blew out my knee and was out for 8 months. I believe I was traded the following summer. Was heartbreaking, but all the more satisfying when you progress and get better. When I finally got to the MLB, they didn't roll out the red carpet like I was Elvis. I was a bit part player barely scraping by for awhile. Good stuff.

Basketball is a sport where I watched a shit ton of it from around 1997 until 2008, then kind of fell off. Loved playing Live, 2K, NBA Jam, all of that jazz. I'll check in every now and again, but I don't watch it consistently like I used to. I was obsessed with NBA 2K in the Dreamcast and Xbox/PS2 days. I picked up NBA 2K20 the other day and I'm having a great time even if some of the controls are overwhelming. I think the last 2K I bought was 2K14. For someone who hasn't played in eons I'm OK, but there's definitely a learning curve. If you've never played a 2K/basketball game, be prepared to invest some time.

While I'm enjoying the gameplay and all the bells and whistles, MyCareer is lame as hell. I hate that you're considered a warlord right out of the gate. I'm this highly touted college player, but I can barely drive and dunk as a PF slasher in the opening game of the story because my stats are abysmal. There's a massive disconnect there. Doing the Combine and what not is a nice touch, but I wish it were more like RTTS in MLB. I'd like to start off in HS, then college, then the draft. Ditch the extremely linear storyline that barely takes my actions or choices into account. Still, it's OK. At least it allows you to use your own player unlike FIFA. With that said, I'm still enjoying the game and its presentation. I'm going to try locking on to a custom

Im in the same boat as you. To lazy to learn the buttons for nba, madden and baseball. I think nba should be the easiest to learn.

I suppose it partly depends on your preexisting knowledge of the two sports. I'd say NBA 2K is a lot more difficult control wise than MLB due to the sheer volume of available controls at your disposable. You also spend a lot of time stationary in baseball compared to basketball. That's just me, though.

I'm sure if I was a religious fan of these games, I'd be chastising them the same way I do FIFA and PES. Alas, ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:
I enjoy the Road To The Show mode quite a bit. I've heard some complaints in MLBTS: 20, but it's still worth checking out. Despite being American, I never really appreciated or had a vested interest in baseball until 2016. I had a passing interest when I was a little kid. I've been to Fenway Park a few times which was a good time, but to be honest, I kind of scoffed at the sport out of ignorance. Once I learned the finer details and realized that baseball is a lot like chess, I grew very fond of it. The mixture of my entry level baseball knowledge and lack of mastery over the controls makes RTTS a very compelling mode because it feels like an actual struggle to get from the minors to the major league.

Every at bat feels like a cup final, no joke. I remember I finally got a run of form, getting my batting average up, got called up to triple AAA, was doing fairly well, then boom - blew out my knee and was out for 8 months. I believe I was traded the following summer. Was heartbreaking, but all the more satisfying when you progress and get better. When I finally got to the MLB, they didn't roll out the red carpet like I was Elvis. I was a bit part player barely scraping by for awhile. Good stuff.

Basketball is a sport where I watched a shit ton of it from around 1997 until 2008, then kind of fell off. Loved playing Live, 2K, NBA Jam, all of that jazz. I'll check in every now and again, but I don't watch it consistently like I used to. I was obsessed with NBA 2K in the Dreamcast and Xbox/PS2 days. I picked up NBA 2K20 the other day and I'm having a great time even if some of the controls are overwhelming. I think the last 2K I bought was 2K14. For someone who hasn't played in eons I'm OK, but there's definitely a learning curve. If you've never played a 2K/basketball game, be prepared to invest some time.

While I'm enjoying the gameplay and all the bells and whistles, MyCareer is lame as hell. I hate that you're considered a warlord right out of the gate. I'm this highly touted college player, but I can barely drive and dunk as a PF slasher in the opening game of the story because my stats are abysmal. There's a massive disconnect there. Doing the Combine and what not is a nice touch, but I wish it were more like RTTS in MLB. I'd like to start off in HS, then college, then the draft. Ditch the extremely linear storyline that barely takes my actions or choices into account. Still, it's OK. At least it allows you to use your own player unlike FIFA. With that said, I'm still enjoying the game and its presentation. I'm going to try locking on to a custom

I suppose it partly depends on your preexisting knowledge of the two sports. I'd say NBA 2K is a lot more difficult control wise than MLB due to the sheer volume of available controls at your disposable. You also spend a lot of time stationary in baseball compared to basketball. That's just me, though.

I'm sure if I was a religious fan of these games, I'd be chastising them the same way I do FIFA and PES. Alas, ignorance is bliss.
Nice post mate 👍. Ive got nba 2k20 and mlb the show 19 loaded on the ps4. I will probably give it another bash soon seeing that we have espn back on our networks here in south africa but i aint touching another madden game again 😂.

Nice post mate 👍. Ive got nba 2k20 and mlb the show 19 loaded on the ps4. I will probably give it another bash soon seeing that we have espn back on our networks here in south africa but i aint touching another madden game again 😂.

Agreed, I've got no love for Madden outside the Sega Genesis games.

My preferred mode is the Myleague,great manager mode,but with a few twists.

First of all I'm using great sliders,to make the gameplay as realistic as possible,plus realistic settings to make the CPU act as close to it's irl counterparts regarding trades/contracts etc,plus settings to make player progression/regression very natural.

I also controll all 30 teams,which makes me in full controll of any stupid (very rarely) trades/decision made by the CPU ,I can simply overide that if wanted.
I controll all 30 teams,but I'm only in charge/GM/coach of one,meaning if I want to switch to being in control of a different team ,I can!
And the reason for all this is explained in my last section.

I'm doing this as a player career!
I've created myself,and put myself on one team before starting a new Myleague.
And if I don't sign a new contract with my current club,and goes to a new team as a free agent,I simply control that team.
Also,I play this mode pretty much as you woul Mycareer,I only control (player/position lock) my player.
Meaning,my time not playing is being summed,if I'm injured I sim the games.
This method can also be used to get your player drafted.
Create your player,put him in a draft class,then he gets drafted (you need to play one season first though and he/you get drafted season two)

This is by far the most realistic game you can play using these options I've mentioned,and obviously the most fun.
Can't stress how good 2k is.

I'm doing this as a player career!
I've created myself,and put myself on one team before starting a new Myleague.

I was going to start a MyLeague with player lock. Seems like the move and a good alternative to MyCareer.

I was going to start a MyLeague with player lock. Seems like the move and a good alternative to MyCareer.
Yeah it is,natural progression on your player as well,play bad for a while,and your player ratings goes down slightly etc.
A great way to play a player career

Back
Top Bottom