NBA 2K7 Discussion Thread

LemonJelly

Bungie's Bitch
28 August 2002
UK
So I'm thinking about getting a basketball game and according to all the review sites NBA2K7 > Live 07. I downloaded the 2K7 demo last night and I really enjoyed it.

Has anyone got either of these games, any impressions etc?

Last edited:
Re: NBA2K7 or NBA Live 07

2K7 all the way, better game play and more value for money. The 2K series of any sports game have always been better than what EA knocks out

I have both games, i love nba 2k7, multi player is excellent - i wish i could understand the way basketball seasons work as then i would understand and enjoy the single game better.

NBA live is wierd, i can only compare it to the old fifa football games, you dont really have any control over your player apart from running direction, and sometimes, you are left wondering 'how did i do that!' when in fact you only pressed shoot. And the ball seems to have a minmd of its own like in previous fifa footy games when you use the long pass and the ball seems to curl and fly through the air strangely. In the end NBA 2k7 is miles better. But NBA lives presentation like all other ea sports games, are superb.

Ok so 2K7 is the way to go then, excellent I was hoping that would be the case. Back in '94 I followed and played basketball every waking minute of the day, sadly that desire vanished for a good 10years. I am bound to have a ton of questions about the game, players etc.

If people want me to I will change this into an NBA2K7 thread.

Last edited:

The players have changed but you'll probably enjoy some of the throwback jerseys for the teams as a lot of them are their mid nineties jerseys (Magic and Bulls are both good examples). I never play with the new Magic jersey always the old school one.

Change it into an NBA2K7 thread LemonJelly, I wouldn't mind seeing people's opinions on this. I used to love a game of basketball in town, but I didn't watch it on TV or anything, so it would be nice to gauge people's opinions.

yeah im thinking about getting this too... The game is pretty sick, cause i played the demo. Someone said it is good mulitplayer, do you mean coop or online 1 v 1?

NBA 2K7 all the way, so much better than Live. What is it you don't understand about the NBA season fatlip180?

I dont know, to be exact, i think its more my ignorance of it not being our main sport, I'd love to get into basketball, whenever i do watch it on skysports i really enjoy it.

Im not up to scratch on all the stats and point scorings etc, i mean i know about the rules of the game fouls/etc but not sure on the way the season works and the points awarded for games won etc.

I dont know, to be exact, i think its more my ignorance of it not being our main sport, I'd love to get into basketball, whenever i do watch it on skysports i really enjoy it.

Im not up to scratch on all the stats and point scorings etc, i mean i know about the rules of the game fouls/etc but not sure on the way the season works and the points awarded for games won etc.

the NBA is divided up into divisions and confrences. All teams play each other, more so in division. There are two main confrences, East and West. Then there are divisions within the confrences. I beleive 8 teams from each confrence make the playoffs based on winning % accured over the season. The East confrence 1-8 play each other based on seeding, so 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, In a 5 game series for first round, then best of seven game series in the next round. The higher seed gets more games at home in the series i.e. the 1 seed will get 3 games at home and the 8 seed will get 2 games at home. etc.. This happens in the west confrence as well. The winner of those playoffs then meet each other in the NBA finals. Im sure this is confusing as hell.

lol - you said it!

So.... basically - you have and east league and west league - sort of like lets say.. premiership and scottish prem.

The seperate leagues play indepentantly until the end of the season, when the top 8 teams of each league play in the playoffs, knockout based to determine the winner And then they play the playoffs winner from the other conference?

Hmm but then there are different divisions in each conference, so how do they get promoted?

IMO: 3 pnts=win , 1=draw, 0=loss 4tw :)

Im sorry for seeming ignorant to the game, i really want to start watching it more.

Last edited:
If i'm not wrong, East and West teams play against each other twice per season, home and away. So for instance the L.A. Lakers play the N.Y. Knicks twice every season.

I believe that now even the 1st round of the playoffs is best of 7.

There's no promotion or relegation, always the same teams (30).

Each division has 5 teams. 3 divisions per conference. 5 teams x 3 divisions x 2 conferences = 30 teams. :)

Standings are purely based on winning percentage. For instance, right now the leader of the western conference is Dallas, with 35W and 8L, with a 0.814 percentage. That's one of the things about basketball i love the most, you cant play for the tie, you either win or lose.

Some players to watch:

Kobe Bryant - L.A. Lakers
Dwayne Wade - Miami Heat
LeBron James - Cleveland Cavaliers
Carmelo Anthony - Denver Nuggets
Gilbert Arenas - Washington Wizards.

The All Star Game is on February 18th, be sure not to miss that. :)

Last edited:
The divisions within the conferences are just to split them up into geographical categories, although I believe the top two in each of the three divisions get into the playoffs regardless of their overall record in the conference, with the remaining two places going to the other teams with the best records.

You can't draw games, they just go into overtime if its a draw at the end of normal time, so the record is just based on the most wins for the team.

its just the top team of every division, not the top two.

PS: go raptors! first in the division meaning 4th in the conference. probably the best season in franchise history.

Last edited:
If i'm not wrong, East and West teams play against each other twice per season, home and away. So for instance the L.A. Lakers play the N.Y. Knicks twice every season.

Each division has 5 teams. 3 divisions per conference. 5 teams x 3 divisions x 2 conferences = 30 teams. :)

Standings are purely based on winning percentage. For instance, right now the leader of the western conference is Dallas, with 35W and 8L, with a 0.814 percentage. That's one of the things about basketball i love the most, you cant play for the tie, you either win or lose.

Some players to watch:

Dwayne Wade - Miami Heat

Kobe - Great player, shame his PR is woeful or more people would like him.

Wade - very good player, but would love to know what he will be like without Shaq

Lebron - IMO the most talented player in the league right now, I like the Cavs but he needs a better supporting cast

Melo - Good player, but is a punk

Arenas- This guy defines ''clutch''

Some players to watch:

Dwayne Wade - Miami Heat

i am a huge celtics fan,
although we suck, please include Paul Pierce in that players to wacth too. hes been solid and amainzg for several years now.

also i would say allen iverson(now at the nuggets) is definatly player to wacth.

than you have many other amazing players, steve nash(best point gard for me) Phonex Suns; Ray Allen (purest jump shot) Seattle Sonics; Michael Redd(M. Bucks) , well i can name one amazing player for each team..every team has its own called franchise player.

i am a huge celtics fan,
although we suck, please include Paul Pierce in that players to wacth too. hes been solid and amainzg for several years now.

also i would say allen iverson(now at the nuggets) is definatly player to wacth.

than you have many other amazing players, steve nash(best point gard for me) Phonex Suns; Ray Allen (purest jump shot) Seattle Sonics; Michael Redd(M. Bucks) , well i can name one amazing player for each team..every team has its own called franchise player.

Well, I just named the first five that came to mind, as in a full starting 5 or something. :)

Anyway, for real basketball fans, watch this guy's videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=hoopsencyclopedia

They're all about the GOAT. :)

Well, I just named the first five that came to mind, as in a full starting 5 or something. :)

Anyway, for real basketball fans, watch this guy's videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=hoopsencyclopedia

They're all about the GOAT. :)

arenas is a badass motherfucker, he also loves DC United(well he says he does anyways). I live about 4 miles from the arena and i get to watch him a couple of times a year. He is lights out when he is on fire. I like his game better then kobes because well, kobe is a bitch. That asshole had the audacity this year to say that gilbert takes wild shots!HAHAHAAH talk about the kettle calling the pot black

Back
Top Bottom